Anyone who trades Forex can attest that skills are not all you need to make profits. The trading environment is equally important.
If you use your personal computer for trading, you may be one hardware or connection failure away from making significant losses. I don’t know about you, but I can’t focus on trading while stressing about my network’s reliability.
That’s a problem better solved by the best Forex VPS hosting providers. With virtual private server hosting, you’ll have better connectivity, automated processes, enhanced security, and your choice of datacenter, among other benefits.
ScalaHosting makes for a great VPS for trading Forex. Why so? The clue is in the name. This host uses cloud-based servers for trading, which makes it highly scalable.
A scalable VPS host guarantees network stability even when there’s an increase in trading activity or any other processes that may need additional resources to run. So, instead of facing downtime when you need to be at your very best in the trading market, a scalable host quickly adapts to changes in the trading environment.
- Instant setup with isolated resources
- Designed to fit MetaTrader requirements
- FREE snapshots for extra security
- Redundant network with multiple locations
- Blazing-fast NVMe and high availability
- Get started now »
Here are some additional reasons you’ll love trading using ScalaHosting’s VPS.
- Supports all major trading platforms, including MetaTrader 4 and 5
- Creates three copies of your trading data (and automatically restores from backup) to protect against data loss
- Provides root access, which means you’ll have control over everything in your trading environment
- Features datacenters in the United States and Europe, bringing you closer to your Forex broker
- Gives you private CPU, RAM, and NVMe-based cloud storage
ScalaHosting has four VPS hosting plans: Build 1, Build 2, Build 3, and Build 4. But what’s really interesting about this host is that it won’t increase the hosting fees if you choose a short-term contract or pay on a month-to-month basis. The prices remain the same.
Its Forex VPS servers use NVMe SSD storage, known worldwide for speed. You can choose the number of CPU cores and the amount of RAM you need to get started.
The ability to build your own customized server brings Kamatera to our list of the best VPS hosts for Forex trading. I sometimes get picky when creating a hosting environment, especially for a resource-intensive website or application.
I do the same with Forex trading, and for good reasons. Sometimes, you want to create a hosting environment that suits your unique requirements, with the exact amount of RAM, CPU, and storage. That’s where Kamatera comes in with its customized hosting plan, which you can fine-tune to match your needs.
- Robust cloud infrastructure
- 18 global datacenters for high availability
- Customizable server configurations
- 5 TB of internet traffic and 1024 MB RAM
- Sign up today for 30-day FREE trial
- Get started now »
But that’s not the end of it. Kamatera also offers the following features.
- Choose from 18 datacenters across four continents for maximum availability when trading
- Experience state-of-the-art VPS hosting infrastructure with zero point of failure
- Run your trading application on Windows or Linux – the choice is yours
- Scale your hosting environment up or down as you wish
- Access world-class customer service available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Kamatera has three VPS hosting plans for Forex trading: Basic, Standard, and Pro. The resources in these plans are not as powerful as those from ScalaHosting but will easily support most traders.
You can choose up to 32 virtual CPUs, datacenters in North America, Europe, and Asia, one terabyte of SSD storage, 131 gigabytes of RAM, four public IP addresses, and your preferred operating system. The best part? You also choose between hourly or monthly payment options.
AccuWebHosting’s stellar customer support means always have help if something goes wrong while trading. The experts at AccuWeb are there to help you troubleshoot a range of issues with your virtual private server.
This host’s low-latency plans are ultra-affordable and come with a bevy of helpful features to make Forex trading easy and affordable.
- Fully managed VPS hosting
- 1 dedicated IP address
- Superior customer support
- Already supports more than 50K traders
- Server firewalls and FREE backups
- Get started now »
Let’s take a closer look at AccuWebHosting’s Forex VPS plans.
- Compatible with all major trading platforms, including Meta Trader 4 and 5, Multi Charts, Interactive Brokers, TradeStation, and cTrader
- Performs daily and weekly backups to protect your data
- Uses SSD storage for maximum speeds
- Has more than 16 datacenters worldwide
- Gives you root access, ensuring total control over your trading environment
Customer service aside, AccuwebHosting has four plans: Forex VPS 1, VPS 2, VPS 3, and VPS 4. The biggest plan has 50 gigabytes of storage, four virtual VPUs, eight gigabytes of memory, one terabyte of bandwidth, and supports more than eight terminals.
These are not the most powerful resources out there, but they fit a trader who’s still learning the ropes or does not require a lot of hosting infrastructure.
OVHcloud earns a spot on this list because of its sandbox feature. A sandbox is an isolated testing environment. Here, you can conduct risk-free testing of new trading strategies, automated algorithms, or anything in between without worrying about affecting the performance of your primary trading environment.
I find this feature pretty useful since whatever changes I make in the sandbox won’t affect the performance of my main trading environment. It’s a risk prevention strategy smart traders use to keep their trading environment free from interruptions.
- Highly scalable with constant uptime
- Root access and API included
- 99.9% Service-Level Agreement
- 24/7 monitoring and automated backups
- NVMe SSD storage
- Get started now »
The sandbox aside, there’s more to expect from OVHcloud, as I’ve highlighted below.
- Uses NVMe SSD storage for maximum speed and performance
- Comes with a wide range of pre-installed Windows and Linux operating systems
- Guarantees stability and availability at all times
- Hosts multiple applications, such as Expert Advisors, including risk management, backtesting, and trading tools indicators
- Zero bandwidth restrictions
Similar to other VPS providers I’ve covered so far, OVHcloud is also highly scalable, which helps maintain a steady trading environment. For example, when expecting increased traffic, I can always scale up by increasing CPU, RAM, and storage resources to avoid a performance drop.
I also like that this host splits its plans into five categories: Starter, Value, Essential, Comfort, and Elite. That makes it easier to choose one with the system requirements and features for the perfect trading environment.
InterServer is my go-to host when I need a Windows server (and by the way, it is also great for WordPress hosting). Although it also does a fantastic job at Linux and storage VPS hosting, the Windows option truly stands out. To begin with, its pricing depends on the number of CPU cores you need.
Its features come wrapped in 16 different packages, giving you the freedom to choose what fits your budget and other preferences.
- Microsoft Hyper-V platform
- Remote desktop for location independence
- Full administrator access
- 24/7/365 quick customer support
- Several payment options including crypto
- Get started now »
Here’s InterServer in a nutshell.
- Pay only for the resources you need (no extra charges)
- Full administrator access gives you total control over your trading environment
- Allows remote desktop access, which allows you to access the market anytime
- The price lock feature gives you peace of mind, knowing that they won’t charge you extra unless you upgrade your plan
- More affordable than most Forex VPS hosting service providers
I know InterServer’s affordability is quite tempting, especially when you’re still trying to get your footing in Forex trading. I’m all for cutting costs, but before you go down this road, it’s important to understand exactly why this host is affordable in the first place.
InterServer offers unmanaged hosting. This means you won’t have a team of technicians working on setting up your server. The biggest advantage of this option is that it is affordable and highly customizable because you are free to set up your own trading environment from scratch. On the downside, you’ll likely have a rough time getting started if you don’t have some technical knowledge of setting up trading servers. That said, you can always contact the customer support team if you need help getting started.
Any beginner traders in the house? This is the best Forex VPS provider for you. When you’re starting with Forex trading, you’ll likely make many mistakes. That’s a problem ForexVPS helps solve by providing useful tutorials for beginners.
I find this strategy a breath of fresh air in a world where most VPS hosts only set up the environment for you and then walk away. I’m pretty sure they assume you already know a thing or two about trading. But from my experience, you learn the best lessons practically than theoretically, which makes ForexVPS special.
Here’s a summary of why you should choose this VPS host.
- Experience low latency levels (up to one millisecond)
- Has datacenters in North America, Europe, Asia, and Africa
- Auto startup trading technology to relaunch your trading environment after a VPS restart
- Dedicated resources for better performance
- Hosted on cloud servers, allowing you to scale your environment however you like
Besides being a beginner-friendly VPS host, ForexVPS is also powerful. For context, you can supercharge your trading environment with up to 256 gigabytes of memory.
You can access this VPS remotely via the Remote Desktop Program if you’re always on the go. And you won’t have to upgrade your devices either; this VPS works on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android devices.
FXVM is a great option if you’re looking for a VPS with datacenters in strategic locations worldwide. It starts here in the United States, with datacenters in New York and Chicago.
If you have brokers in Europe, you can choose between FXVM’s datacenters in Amsterdam, Zurich, Frankfurt, and London. What about Asia, you ask? No problem; this host has datacenters in Tokyo, Singapore, and Mumbai.
But it’s more than a datacenter hoarder. Here’s why.
- Supports any trading platform, including Meta Trader 4 and 5, Ninja Trader, and Trade Station
- Provides weekly automatic backups to protect your data
- Offers scalable memory and storage
- Accessible on any smartphone, tablet, or PC, making it a great VPS for trading on the go
- Supports any Expert Advisor, allowing you to get the most out of your trading environment
Although this VPS offers scalable memory and storage, it is not the most powerful. Don’t get me wrong; it’s the perfect VPS for starters.
Think about it this way: would you rather have a mountain of unused resources or just the right amount? I’d go for the latter because it’s manageable and affordable, something this VPS offers. Keep in mind that you can always upgrade in the future once you’ve mastered your trade and need more resources beyond what FXVM offers.
Ultahost offers a powerful trading environment any Forex trader will love. It’s also affordable, meaning you can keep more of your earnings in your pocket.
Ultahost continues to give affordable web hosts a good name. So, you shouldn’t worry about the “cheap is expensive” stereotype. But don’t take my word for it. Let’s go straight to its key features for context.
- Uses SSD and NVMe storage for maximum speeds and performance
- Provides unlimited bandwidth to ensure zero interruption of your trading environment
- Comes with next-level security features, including but not limited to Forex server patching technologies, automated backups, BitNinja integration, dedicated server firewalls and IP addresses, and SSL certificates
- Compatible with Windows and Linux operating systems, but also lets you install your own OS
- Offers fully managed VPS hosting, allowing you to focus entirely on trading and not the technical aspects of running your trading environment
This is yet another affordable web host that has outdone itself, in my opinion. I remember when most cheap Forex VPS hosts offered substandard services and inferior resources.
Things seem to have changed over the past few years. Now, we’re seeing a trend where web hosting companies offer affordable plans without compromising the quality of services or resources. These web hosting statistics should give you an insight into how much web hosting has evolved over the years.
9. Trading FX VPS
Trading FX VPS knows a thing or two about practicality in the world of Forex trading. This VPS reminds me of FXVM mainly because it’s not the most powerful out there, but it’s very efficient if you’re just starting Forex trading.
As you begin to trade, you’ll realize that it makes more sense to start from the bottom with only the resources you need to sustain your trade at that particular level and then upgrade when the right time comes. That realization should take you to Trading FX VPS. Here’s why.
- Offers cloud anti-virus malware protection, keeping your trading environment safe from attacks
- Supports iOS, Android, and Windows devices, allowing you to trade without worrying about changing your hardware
- Supports all Expert Advisors and trading platforms
- Instant setup allows you to start trading immediately
- Gives you two months worth of free VPS if you sign up for a yearly hosting plan
Let’s briefly review the resources this host offers. I’ll start with memory. It ranges from two to eight gigabytes, depending on the plan. Next, you’ll choose between 30 to 50 gigabytes of NVMe storage, built for power and speed.
All in all, Trading FX VPS is perfect for beginners. Consider it the VPS you need to get your feet wet in this industry.
I’m always ecstatic about finding cheap VPS deals that don’t compromise the quality of the hosting services they offer. I know I’ve already mentioned some great and affordable hosts, but there’s still room for one more: Cloudzy.
This VPS host is so affordable that I had to crosscheck to ensure I’m not trading on a shared hosting plan. Of course, for such a price, it won’t come with the most powerful resources, but it will get the job done. Here’s why.
- Comes with at least two gigabytes of memory, 50 gigabytes of storage, and three terabytes of bandwidth
- Supports MetaTrader VPS (delivers it pre-installed)
- Offers highly scalable resources, perfect for an aggressive and goal-oriented trader
- Allows full admin access, giving you the freedom to customize your trading environment as you wish
- Provides top-notch security, including DDoS protection, to protect your trading environment
I like the fact that this VPS has different entry levels for traders regarding their budget. Whether you’re a student who can’t afford expensive VPS hosting or an expert who eats, sleeps, and breathes Forex trading, this host has the right package for you.
Although Cloudzy doesn’t offer a free trial, it offers a seven-day money-back guarantee. That’s more than enough time to hop in and find out if it’s the right VPS host for your trading environment.
JavaPipe sounds like something you’ll find on a shelf at your local car mechanic. Undoubtedly, it has the most “not-so-VPS” name you’ll hear today, but there’s no questioning its quality.
For example, depending on the plan, it can run between eight to 32 terminals. If you know a thing or two about Forex trading, you’ll appreciate the next-level generosity of this VPS hosting provider.
Having several terminals means better performance since you can assign each terminal to handle a specific task, such as automated trading for one and manual trading for the other. Sounds exciting, right? Hang tight, there’s more.
- Storage space ranges from 25 to 60 gigabytes, depending on the plan
- Memory ranges from two to eight gigabytes
- Up to 25 gigabytes of SSD storage
- Gives you full control over your hosting environment, allowing you to set it up as you wish
- Supports all major Forex trading software, including MetaTrader 4
JavaPipe wraps up my list of the best VPS providers for Forex traders. Like many other VPSes I’ve covered here, JavaPipe is an excellent choice if you want a host that balances power and affordability.
With this host, you can begin learning the ins and outs of Forex trading without paying for what you don’t need. Then, as your needs grow, you can always upgrade to a higher-tier plan or even move to a completely new host.
What Is Forex VPS Hosting?
Forex VPS hosting is a VPS hosting environment equipped with everything you need to run your Forex trading platform on its servers. Here, “everything” means hosting infrastructure and resources you need to trade successfully on the VPS.
To understand how Forex hosting works, think about standard VPS hosting. It will have a certain amount of storage, memory, and, in most cases, CPU cores partitioned virtually on your server. On the other hand, a Forex VPS will have additional features and functionalities, such as compatibility with various trading platforms like MetaTrader, Trade Station, and Ninja Trader.
How Much Does a Forex VPS Cost?
One of the key lessons we’ve learned from this list of Forex VPS providers is that this service does not come at a fixed price. You’ll notice that certain VPS providers cost more than others. I’ll explain why.
- Resource allocation: The higher the resources, such as memory and storage, the higher the cost.
- Host reputation: Reliable and reputable hosting companies will likely charge more for their services (most people would rather pay extra for good hosting).
- Services and features: Some hosts may also charge extra for additional services such as data backups and more bandwidth.
- Billing type: The billing system will also influence the cost; some VPS hosts, such as Cloudzy, offer cloud VPS hosting with an hourly billing option. In such a setting, the more resources you consume, the higher the hosting costs.
I must also mention that price is not necessarily an indicator of quality. So, you must understand the specific features that the provider or plan offers before signing up.
Is VPS Hosting Good for Forex Trading?
If you care about making profits as a Forex trader, which I know you do, getting VPS hosting should be a no-brainer. This hosting offers more stability and reliability, two of the most important things a Forex platform needs to thrive.
Keep in mind that a minute of downtime is all it takes to lose an important trade, which could be worth huge profits. Think of a VPS as an investment. The better the network stability, the higher the profitability of your investment.
What Is the Fastest VPS for Forex Trading?
ScalaHosting is the fastest VPS for Forex trading. A quick tour of its key features reveals a web host optimized for maximum speed and performance. Here’s an overview of specific features and functionalities that give this web host the fastest speeds.
- ScalaHosting uses cloud-based Forex VPS servers and resources, improving load times
- The use of NVMe storage also guarantees lightning-fast speeds and top-notch performance
- Supports data transfer rates of up to 10 gigabytes per second, which means it can handle huge amounts of traffic while at the same time running your trading applications without interruptions
- Offers a minimum of eight gigabytes of memory and up to 16 gigabytes (you can even add more memory at a small fee)
- Uses Solid-State Drive storage over traditional hard drive storage (SSDs are between 20 to 100 times faster than traditional hard drives)
What Is the Difference Between MT4 and MT5?
MT4 and MT5 refer to versions of the trading platform MetaTrader.
The key difference between MetaTrader 4 and 5 lies in their features and functionalities. Without going too much into the weeds, here’s what you should know:
- MT4: This works best for beginners since it has fewer features than MT5.
- MT5: You’ll love trading on this platform if you’re an intermediate or expert trader, thanks to its advanced features, such as graphics, technical indicators, and analytics tools.
MT5 is also faster than MT4 because of its upgraded server infrastructure. The bottom line is that you may use either, but MT5 offers more advanced features.
How Do I Choose the Best VPS for Forex Trading?
You shouldn’t have a hard time choosing the best VPS for Forex trading if you know what you want. The hosts on this list have our seal of approval, but if you’re still unsure, here are some factors to consider.
Reliability and Uptime
Granted, no single VPS out there will confess that it’s unreliable, so it’s your job to separate facts from assumptions. If possible, read reviews from experts (you can start right here at HostingAdvice) or even check out forums like Quora and Reddit to determine the host with the best uptime.
Resources and Scalability
The more powerful the resources, the better the performance — especially if you’re an established trader with lots of trades to run. But if you’re only getting started, don’t go for overkill. Start slow, then scale up (that’s where scalability comes in, by the way).
Make sure whatever Forex trading host you choose supports your trading platform’s operating system. To be safer, I’d recommend choosing one that supports multiple operating systems, starting with Windows and Linux, just in case you need to change things further down the road.
You wouldn’t put your money where you have doubts about its safety, right? Check if the host offers top-notch security features such as firewalls, DDoS protection, Forex trading server patching, and SSL certificates.
Finally, think about how much you’re willing to spend on a VPS. We all have different budgets, but the good news is that you won’t fail to find something within your range. I’ve seen some of the best VPSes for between $10 to $100 monthly for the most basic plan. That should give you an idea of how much you should expect to spend to start trading with a VPS.
Once you sort through the important factors, you should be prepared to choose a Forex VPS hosting plan that sets you up for success.
Navigate the World of Forex Trading With a VPS
Forex trading is profitable, but your success doesn’t entirely depend on your skills. Your choice of VPS could make or break your trade. That’s why you need a reliable VPS hosting solution. Fortunately, these 13 VPSes should have everything you need to get started on the right foot.
We’ve tried and tested every Forex VPS service in this list for key qualities such as reliability, performance, and security, giving you peace of mind as you venture into the world of Forex trading.