One dollar web hosting? Ah, it reminds me of the good ol’ days of when you could get a decent cup of coffee for a buck. Or (at the risk of dating myself), when I got my driver’s license as a teenager, the price of a gallon of gas wasn’t much more.
Today, you’d be hard-pressed to find anything more than a subpar value menu cheeseburger or scratch-off lottery ticket for a dollar. But, surprisingly, there are a number of hosting providers on the market that offer turnkey web services at dollar-store costs. The $1 price tag is still pretty elusive, but you don’t need to invest much more to take advantage of top-notch hosting services.
Here, we’ll take a look at some of the top hosts delivering high-value packages at bargain-basement prices. Whether you’re looking to build a personal site to house your résumé or seeking to develop a fully functional eCommerce platform, the hosts below can help you do it for $1 or just a bit more.
Best Overall $1 Web Hosting
GoDaddy is not only one of our top-rated hosts — the company is also one of the most budget-friendly providers in the industry with monthly prices for shared hosting packages coming in at just $1.00. But don’t let the low cost fool you. GoDaddy’s Economy plan comes with a wide array of features, including a free domain name, 100GB of web space, and free year of Microsoft Office 365 business-class email hosting.
Adding to this high-value toolset, GoDaddy also delivers around-the-clock live support and gives customers access to a knowledgebase and user community for self-troubleshooting. When weighed against the competition’s packages with similar features, GoDaddy’s Economy plan is tough to beat. And, with a 30-day money-back guarantee, there’s not much to lose by signing up. Check out our full review in the table below to learn how GoDaddy can help you realize your online dreams.
- World's top registrar offers a FREE domain with hosting
- Industry-leading page load times for your site
- Unlimited bandwidth with up to unlimited storage space
- Choose between cPanel or Plesk control panels
- Award-winning support on hand 24/7
- Get started on GoDaddy now.
Best “Almost $1” Web Hosting
“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.” While web hosting wasn’t around in the 1700s, Benjamin Franklin’s famous quote hits the bullseye in relation to how some modern website owners feel about their hosting providers. Price wars have been fought throughout the hosting industry, which has resulted in low premiums across the board. Sometimes this means you’ll get a great deal on top-tier services. Other times, the low prices are indicative that there may be something lacking in a hosting package. Therefore, cost shouldn’t be the #1 factor dictating your decision to sign up for service.
The key to avoiding the bitter taste of low-quality hosting is to seek value instead of a bargain. We’ve compiled the top three budget-friendly providers below. And, while their prices come in at just a bit more than a buck, their feature sets and superior customer support more than make up for the extra dollar or two. Dive into the full reviews linked in the tables below to discover all the tools these hosts deliver to cost-minded site owners.
- $0.01 for the first month, then $5 monthly after
- NO contracts and NO sudden price increases
- Unlimited storage space, data transfers, and email
- Register a new domain for $1.99 with most plans
- 99.9% uptime and price-lock guarantee
- Get started on InterServer now.
Best Free Web Hosting
If you’re strapped for cash and want to get a site up and running quickly, Wix and Weebly are two great options. Both companies made their marks on the industry with their proprietary drag-and-drop site builders that allow users without coding knowledge to easily create professional-grade web properties. The best part? Getting started is free.
Both Wix and Weebly offer zero-cost hosting plans that include a decent amount of storage space, security, and their web builders. However, if you’re on the free package, you’ll have to use a Weebly.com or Wix.com subdomain and display branded ads for the hosts on your site. Moving to one of these providers’ premium plans solves this problem; however, the pricing tiers for both Wix and Weebly’s paid packages can get expensive pretty fast. Check out our full reviews linked in the tables below to see if Wix or Weebly is right for your online endeavor.
- All-in-one hosting and drag-and-drop builder
- Start designing for FREE, upgrade whenever
- Easily build a blog, personal site, or online store
- 100s of FREE templates for websites
- $100 credit toward Google advertising
- Get started on Weebly now.
- Start designing for FREE
- FREE domain with most plans
- Drag-and-drop templates, specific to industry
- Exhaustive knowledgebase of articles
- Huge App Market available
- Get started on Wix now.
Best “Almost $1” WordPress Web Hosting
I love WordPress, and so should you. The open-source content management system (CMS) is easy to use and, best of all, free. As a result, WordPress is the most-used CMS on the web, powering 30% of all sites. But, once you’re ready to go live with your WordPress site, you’re going to need a robust hosting package built specifically to run the software.
Not all WordPress hosting packages are created equally. Some providers claim to offer managed WordPress plans for super low monthly premiums. However, on closer inspection, many of these packages turn out to be glorified versions of the hosts’ basic shared hosting plans without any true managed services included.
But the hosts below are the read deal. These providers offer true managed WordPress packages that include automatic software updates and security patches for just a few dollars per month. While these plans may be a bit more than $1, the extra few bucks go a long way to ensure peace of mind that the technicalities of WordPress hosting are taken care of, granting you the ability to focus on your business mission.
- 1-click WordPress install, PHP 7+, HTTP/2, and NGINX
- All-in-one security protections from BitNinja
- WP optimizations boost performance
- No price markup for WP services
- Daily backups & FREE SSL certificate
- Get started on Hostinger now.
- Easy-to-set-up WordPress hosting on shared servers
- Install WordPress with one click via cPanel dashboard
- Unlimited email addresses hosted at your domain
- 99.9% uptime guarantee means your blog stays online
- $100 in Google Adwords credits to kickstart marketing
- Get started on HostGator now.
Best “Almost $1” eCommerce Web Hosting
Global eCommerce sales are estimated to reach nearly $4.5 trillion by 2021. So, if you’re an entrepreneur looking to grab a share of this enormous money-generating market, there’s no time to lose. The space is already rife with competition, and it’s only going to get more crowded in the coming years.
The good news? Building a fully functional eCommerce site is easy with today’s site building tools. And the right hosting provider can supply everything you need to get your online shop off the ground for a very low monthly premium. For just a couple dollars per month, the hosts below offer an array of features, including access to industry-leading plugins and applications, PCI compliant shopping carts, and drag-and-drop website editors, among many others. Take a look at our full reviews linked in the tables below to see how these hosts’ full feature sets can power your eCommerce site for just over $1 per month.
- Shopping carts or managed WooCommerce
- FREE Weebly builder and FREE domain name
- 3 webmail solutions with IMAP/POP3 support
- FREE scripts for forums, mailing lists, and polls
- Unlimited storage with FREE marketing credits
- Get started on Bluehost now.
- 20 times faster performance that boosts sales
- 80+ software options: Magento, OpenCart, WooCommerce, PrestaShop, and others
- FREE SSL certificate and SSD storage
- Worry-free migration and 24/7 support
- DDoS protection and layered security measures
- Get started on A2 Hosting now.
Best Budget-Friendly VPS Hosting for Scaling Businesses
The pricing structures of the hosting plans we’ve presented here so far have all been based on running sites in a shared server environment. Basically, this means that many websites “share” resources on one server. While this is economical, once a site begins to grow beyond 100,000 monthly visitors, the shared hosting environment can create problems with the site’s performance. And this can have detrimental effects on conversion rates, as slow page load times usually equate to high bounce rates.
The solution? Move to a virtual private server (VPS). With VPS hosting, portions of a server are partitioned off for individual site owners. This way, websites running on the same server aren’t competing for resources. Each site has a set amount of space, and neighbors can’t negatively impact performance levels. Although the price tag for VPS may seem high at first glance, the returns on investment are huge if you consider how page load times can affect revenue streams. Check out our top-rated VPS hosts below, and be sure to read the full reviews linked in the tables. If your business has outgrown basic web hosting, migrating to one of these plans may be a great business decision.
- Managed or unmanaged, in Windows or Linux
- Cloud hosting with hourly or monthly billing
- Instant upgrades without downtime
- FREE around-the-clock monitoring
- Automatic nightly backups available
- Get started on Hostwinds now.
- $0.01 for the first month using code HOSTINGADV
- Then $6 monthly with no contracts, no changes
- Latest of PHP, MySQL, Perl, Python, and Ruby
- 7 operating system options for Linux or Windows
- Full root access and choice of datacenter
- Get started on InterServer now.
Got $1 or a Bit More? Get Up and Running With These Hosts
Sure, you could spend $1 on a scratch-off lottery ticket, but that would be gambling with your money. If you’re a web entrepreneur looking for returns online, the budget-friendly hosts presented here are sure bets.
For a comprehensive overview of all our recommended high-value, low-cost hosting providers, see our top 10 cheap hosting reviews. Your wallet and your site’s visitors will thank you.