You probably already know that Virtual Private Servers (VPS) are more reliable and perform better than shared hosting servers. But what if we told you that adding Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) storage to a VPS server could boost its performance up to 20 times faster? That’s what you get when you choose any of these five best NVMe VPS hosting providers.
Navigate This Article:
A2 Hosting: Fastest NVMe VPS
A2 Hosting offers the fastest NVMe VPS hosting we’ve reviewed. This web hosting provider lets users choose between managed VPS hosting and unmanaged VPS depending on their unique needs.
A managed plan is the best choice for users with little technical experience, but it costs more than an unmanaged plan. Customers who don’t mind tackling their own management duties can save money by choosing an unmanaged plan instead.
- Turbo server & cache options for faster page loads
- Well-built plans starting with 4GB RAM
- FREE CDN plus auto-installs with Softaculous
- Multilingual support and up to unlimited databases
- Enhanced security with and daily kernel updates
- Get started on A2 Hosting now.
- Their NVMe servers are 20 times faster than traditional hosting options, ideal for high-performance websites and applications.
- Free Imunify360 Security Suite protects your server, and all hosted websites and applications.
- Two CPU cores for managed VPS hosting and six for unmanaged hosting.
- Free Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to protect your website from malicious attacks.
It is worth mentioning that the managed VPS hosting service, dubbed MACH 8, offers 150 gigabytes of NVMe SSD storage. On the other hand, the unmanaged VPS hosting option, SUPERSONIC 8, has 200 gigabytes of this type of storage.
InMotion Hosting: Best Money-Back Guarantee
InMotion’s dedication to the latest hardware gives customers a competitive advantage. If you’re unsure whether NVMe VPS hosting is what you need, but you’d still like to give it a try, InMotion Hosting offers the best money-back guarantee. With no risks involved, you can take advantage of its VPS plan that comes with plenty of NVMe SSD.
- HostingAdvice readers get 67% off the first term
- FREE site migrations and 2 hours of Launch Assist
- 2 – 3 dedicated IP address options
- FREE cPanel/WHM licenses included
- Highly available servers with real-time redundancy
- Get started on InMotion now.
- vCPU cores and RAM for boosted performance and speed.
- Unlimited bandwidth, meaning you won’t pay extra as your traffic grows.
- Free website transfers and server setup, eliminating the need to hire IT experts.
- 24/7 support available 365 days a year.
The hosting plans are scalable, meaning you can always upgrade as your needs grow. Besides the entry VPS plan, InMotion Hosting also offers two more plans with even greater RAM.
ScalaHosting: Good to Grow With
As the name suggests, ScalaHosting is the VPS host you need to grow your business. This VPS provider lets you pay for only what you use and upgrade your hosting needs with a simple click of a button.
ScalaHosting is a perfect solution for small businesses that are growing into larger operations.
- Fully managed VPS with cloud performance
- FREE site migration executed by experts
- Enjoy 100% SSD storage and unmetered bandwidth
- Custom full-service SPanel administration portal
- HostingAdvice readers get 36% off the first term
- Get started on ScalaHosting now.
- Four hosting plans, each comprising NVMe VPS SSD for more speed and power.
- Users can start with 2 CPU cores and scale up to 16 CPU cores.
- The basic plan offers 50 gigabytes of NVMe SSD and can scale up to 240 GB as your needs grow.
- Users can choose where they want their cloud VPS server deployed in the US or Europe.
ScalaHosting takes scalability to a whole new level. For context, if none of the four plans suit your needs, the Texas-based VPS provider lets you build your own self-managed VPS with even more CPU cores, RAM, and SSD storage.
Hostinger: Beginner Friendly
Hostinger is an excellent option if you’re not familiar with navigating the world of NVMe VPS hosting. And just because Hostinger is inexpensive doesn’t mean you’re getting subpar performance. The Lithuania-based hosting provider offers eight different hosting plans to suit your unique needs. Each of these plans has NVMe SSD storage for an affordable monthly price.
- Cloud-based SSD storage for speed and reliability
- Double your RAM with burst periods
- FREE dedicated IPv4 and IPv6 addresses
- Custom control panel for reboots and OS installs
- HostingAdvice readers enjoy more than 50% off
- Get started on Hostinger now.
- Each VPS hosting plan has the latest Intel Xeon processor for faster speeds and performance.
- The availability of eight different VPS hosting plans means you can scale up or down depending on your needs.
- Each Virtual Private Server comes with BitNinja’s full-stack protection, built-in advanced DDoS protection, and a dedicated IP address for improved protection and security.
- Unrestricted high-speed connection lines mean faster web and application loading times and a 99.9% uptime guarantee.
Although Hostinger’s hosting plans may not be as powerful as others we’ve reviewed, they work best for beginners who need a budget-friendly plan. It is also worth noting that they limit their bandwidth, so you may want to consider other options if you need unlimited bandwidth.
Cloudways: Best Cloud VPS
Cloudways uses NVMe-based servers to unleash the power of cloud hosting through five cloud providers: DigitalOcean, Vultr, Linode, AWS, and Google Cloud. The best part is that you pay only for what you use, making it a cost-effective hosting solution.
- Customizable alternative to traditional VPS hosting
- Choice of 5 popular cloud providers
- Scale server resources up and down as needed
- 24/7 monitoring and auto-healing servers
- Get 25% OFF first 3 months with promo code HOSTINGADVICE
- Get started on Cloudways now.
- More than 60 datacenters across the globe, meaning you can choose whichever is closest to your target audience for better performance.
- Dedicated firewalls to protect your website and application from malicious activities.
- Unlimited application installation, perfect for growth.
- Free server and application monitoring.
The metered bandwidth is the only notable downside of Cloudways NVMe hosting. Like Hostinger, you’ll pay extra if your traffic exceeds the terabyte limitations. But given the numerous benefits not usually available in most traditional hosting providers, Cloudways is still the go-to option for anyone looking for a reliable cloud host.
Other notable mentions include:
AccuWebHosting: Great for Windows VPS hosting but not so great for Linux VPS. They also offer dedicated hosting.
Liquid Web: They’ll let you build your own dedicated hosting plan (and VPS hosting as well) if the existing ones are not what you’re looking for.
What Is an NVMe Drive?
An NVMe drive is an SSD that uses the NVMe interface protocol to communicate with the computer’s CPU and other components. Unlike traditional hard drives and older Serial ATA (SATA) interface SSDs, NVMe drives have faster data transfer rates, lower latency, and higher input/output operations per second.
As a result, high-performance computing applications use NVMe drives. In addition, due to their decreasing prices and faster storage performance, they have become more common in consumer-grade laptops and desktops.
What are the Advantages of NVMe Hosting?
An NVMe VPS hosting plan provides faster website loading times, improved server performance, scalability, reliability, and security than traditional hosting options.
They also have faster data transfer rates and lower latency, can handle more IOPS, are less prone to failure, and offer advanced security features.
What Is the Difference Between SATA and NVMe SSD Storage?
The main difference between SATA and NVMe SSD storage is the interface protocol they use to communicate with the computer’s CPU and other components. But there’s more:
- SATA has a maximum data transfer rate of around 600 megabytes per second, while NVMe has a maximum data transfer rate of several gigabytes per second.
- NVMe drives have lower latency, resulting in faster boot times and application load times.
- NVMe drives also have higher input/output operations per second than do SATA drives, which means they can handle more user requests and process data faster.
The performance features of NVMe SSDs make them ideal for high-performance computing applications.
Which Is the Best VPS Hosting Provider?
A2 Hosting, InMotion Hosting, ScalaHosting, Hostinger, and Cloudways are some of the best VPS hosting providers we’ve reviewed. Keep in mind that each user has unique needs. That’s why the best VPS service is one that addresses these unique needs without compromising speed, storage, and performance.
See Our Full Review of A2 Hosting
Whatever type of hosting plan you’re looking for, A2 Hosting is a solid choice no matter the scale. Our reviewer Alexandra Anderson recently took A2 Hosting for a spin, and rated the popular host a 4.8 in the VPS Hosting category out of a perfect score of 5.0. Here’s what Alexandra had to say about A2 Hosting:
With an emphasis on performance and an eye for detail, A2 Hosting largely avoids the typical shortcomings of many web hosts out there. The independently owned company balances high-powered infrastructure and developer tools with equally responsive customer support teams, giving experienced customers a highly optimized hosting experience.
Before signing up for A2 Hosting, it’s a good idea to read through Alexandra‘s full review to learn about all the features A2 Hosting offers. You can also compare it to other web hosts to ensure you’re getting the best deal possible:
If you decide A2 Hosting is the right choice, keep in mind that it takes just minutes to deploy your A2 Hosting server space. And at $5.99 per month, it’s a bargain considering the many great features that come in any A2 Hosting plan.