On HostingAdvice.com, we’ve talked ad nauseum about the benefits of VPS hosting. A virtual private server (VPS) provides as much memory/RAM, physical server storage space, and computing resources as your site or application needs — and no more. It frees you from the resource limitations of a shared server network, and it shields you from the financial burden a dedicated server can bring. One of my personal favorite hosting friends, InterServer illustrates the beauty of a VPS hosting environment with its server “slice” model.
Bite off as much or as few resources as your site can chew — or, in boring terms, scooch the slider on InterServer’s VPS page between 1 and 16 to indicate how many cores and how much memory, storage, and data transfer you’d like allotted to your server. Here we delve into the pros and cons of VPS hosting with InterServer.
Interserver “VPS” Review: 4.8 / 5.0 Rating
Starting with free shared-to-VPS-hosting migration services, instant server provisioning, and a heck-yes price point, InterServer captures VPS customers’ attention from the git go. We appreciate the host of operating system choices available to VPS hosting customers, and the 99.9% network uptime guarantee is pretty standard industry-wide. VPS customers get total control over server resources — via root/admin access — and for customers hosting four or more slices, InterServer will assist with operating system and control panel issues.
All VPS plans come complete with redundant storage, backups, rebootless updates, and highly reliable server monitoring. It’s essentially everything you could ask for from a budget server host. See our full review of InterServer’s VPS options for more info:
- FREE migrations from shared hosting and instant provisioning
- Latest versions of PHP, MySQL, Perl, Python, and Ruby pre-installed
- 16 operating system options for Linux or Windows users
- NO contracts and your price is guaranteed for life
- Full root access included
- Get started on InterServer now.
Interserver “Linux Cloud VPS” Review: 4.8 / 5.0 Rating
InterServer’s VPS offerings harness all the power the cloud has to offer — the competitive pricing, the third-party IT support, and the automatic backups, to name a few. The company’s cloud offerings come in Linux or Windows operating system flavors. For many reasons, including cost, commercial availability, and software compatibility, Linux is a very popular OS choice.
Your Linux distro menu:
- Arch Linux
- Funtoo Linux
- ALT Linux
- CERN Linux
- SUSE Linux
Set your CPU, memory, storage, and data transfer allowances based on how many server “slices” you request. One slice gets you one core, 1,024MG of memory, 25GB of disk space, and 1TB of transfer — more slices, means more server resources! It’s that simple.
Deploy hundreds of apps on your cloud server, only deploy the software you need, and enjoy the ease of maintenance InterServer strives to deliver. Explore all the flexibility and customization the company’s cloud VPS hosting plans for Linux users have to offer by reading our full review below.
- Flexible configurations for Linux cloud VPS hosting
- Choice of 1-4 cores and up to 16TB of data transfer
- Plenty of RAM and redundant cloud storage
- Choices of OS include Debian, CentOS, and Ubuntu
- Deploy in 15 minutes or less with 99.9% uptime
- Get started on InterServer now.
Interserver “Windows Cloud VPS” Review: 4.8 / 5.0 Rating
Much like the Linux Cloud VPS plan, InterServer’s Windows VPS offering begins with your choice of operating system: Windows or Windows 2016 being the two entrées on the menu.
Before selecting the slightly pricier Windows VPS hosting plan, make sure you have a valid reason for choosing a Windows-based machine. We often say that 98.99999% of the time, you could or should go with Linux, unless you need to run strictly Windows-compatible applications such as Visio or MS Access. Should you decide a Windows VPS is what you need, you’ve come to a great host.
Take advantage of InterServer’s charming “slice” system for requesting your server configuration. One slice — starting at $10.00 per month — gets you a single core, plus 1,024MB of memory, 25GB of storage, and 1TB of monthly data transfer. Select up to 16 slices for maximum power!
For more on the ups and downs of cloud hosting with InterServer, click any of the buttons below.
- Affordable Windows VPS with a flexible pricing model
- Choice of Windows 2008 or 2012 servers
- Deploy your slice within 20 minutes with instant setup
- Plenty of RAM and data transfer
- Cloud backups and snapshots included
- Get started on Interserver now.
Top 3 VPS Alternatives to Interserver.net
While I’ve had virtually — yes, pun intended — nothing but swell things to say about InterServer’s VPS options, I would be doing you a disservice I I didn’t give you the complete market picture. InterServer is an excellent entry-level server host, as made evident by the low price points and ease of customization. I love the support the team provides, and the “slice” server config system ridiculously simplifies the setup process.
However, as your site’s needs escalate, you may be inclined to look elsewhere for support. We like to see more robust security features, higher uptime rate guarantees, and even more computing resources at the customer’s disposal when talking about the best virtual private server hosting the industry has to offer. If you run into this need, I’d invite you to consider the web’s currently leading VPS hosting providers below:
- 50% off the first month with added discounts
- Real-time redundancy powered by a cloud infrastructure
- FREE cPanel licenses with enterprise-grade CentOS
- FREE server management for patches and updates
- FREE SSDs and SSL certificate for fast, secure hosting
- Get started on InMotion now.
- Only pay for resources you use with daily billing
- 5TB of outgoing bandwidth and FREE incoming bandwidth
- API access and cPanel available
- Instant provisioning and SSD speed
- FREE Storm® Firewall and real-time server monitoring
- Get started on Liquid Web now.
- 2-4 cores and 4-16GB of RAM
- Endorsed by the WordPress team
- Redundant storage and optional SiteLock security
- Seamless migration from Bluehost shared plans
- Get 50% off your first month (was $29.99, now $14.99)
- Get started on Bluehost now.
VPS Hosting with InterServer is Not to Be Overlooked!
Shopping for a virtual, cloud, or dedicated server can be a lot to digest. If you take away nothing else from my 1,000-word soliloquy, remember this: InterServer provides server hosting fit for the cost-conscious customer, complete with a bevy of customization options for storage, operating systems, and managed services.
I’d recommend the host to any VPS newbie, especially since you’re likely to wind up on a call with one of the founding team members themselves should you run into any issues — talk about personalized service! Best of luck!