Serving as a gateway to a vibrant online world of information, the best domain hosting services roll out the red carpet to your site’s readers and potential customers.
Whether you’re setting up your first website or managing a portfolio of domain names, finding the right registrar and hosting provider can save loads of time and headaches. While many services offer similar features or free registrations, you’ll want to find a plan that is optimized to your specific needs.
Your domain can determine your search engine rankings and your success as a brand in general. It all starts with a domain, but it really begins with a domain host — so let’s go over the best in the business.
Best Web Hosting With Domain Name Registration
First, let’s look at what makes a good domain name host; a free domain is a great start. The typical domain hosting customer also looks for other freebies such as unlimited email hosting and a website builder, which are common in many of the best web hosting services.
When we reviewed the best domain hosting companies, we expected providers to bring value, ample resources, and a hassle-free site-building and management experience.
Our top-recommended domain host checks all of the above boxes:
- FREE domain registration and site-building tools
- Unlimited domains, emails, and bandwidth
- Up to $200 in offers with Google, Bing, and Yahoo!
- Top-ranked WordPress host with tons of perks
- 24/7 customer support and online tutorials
- Get started on Bluehost now.
Cheapest Domain Hosting
Building your first site is exciting! You want to talk themes, color schemes, the content for your first blog post — not agonize over uptime rates and other server stats.
Your web host should make managing your domains and websites simple by providing a popular control panel like cPanel.
In case the pricing doesn’t give it away, iPage has claimed the best value status in the U.S.-based shared hosting arena. All iPage servers are housed in Boston, keeping data near East Coast customers and website visitors.
Even cheaper, however, is the team from Hostinger. Although company headquarters are based in Lituania, the hosting company operates dataceters on five continents — perfect for global brands looking to make an affordable impact.
After reviewing the most affordable hosts on the market, evaluating their price, support, and feature sets, we’ve determined the best web host in terms of bang for your buck.
- Lowest domain prices in the industry
- FREE registration on most plans
- Host up to 100 domains on most plans
- Domain privacy protection safeguards your info
- 99.9% uptime guarantee and automatic backups
- Get started on Hostinger now.
- Easy setup and superb reliability since 1998
- FREE domain and Google marketing included
- Unlimited bandwidth, storage, and emails
- FREE site builder and shopping cart
- Get more than 75% off today (was $7.99/month)
- Get started on iPage now.
Best Domain Hosting for Small Business
The domain you choose matters; It can have a dramatic impact on your brand identity and business success.
The key to being an exemplary domain hosting provider is not just providing domain names but simplifying the registration and renewal process in general.
These days, most shared hosts will offer a free domain to entice entry-level customers. Not every provider, however, carries a reputation as the largest domain name registrar — supporting 52 million domains at one point.
Yes, I’m talking about GoDaddy, a popular host with a flair for domain and email services. Get a complimentary domain registrar when you sign up for a year-long plan. GoDaddy boasts servers in nine datacenter locations around the world.
InMotion Hosting, our other recommended web host in this (and many other) categories, is a perfect hosting option for business owners looking to merge their shared web hosting and domain experiences.
The web hosting provider seamlessly merges domain and email services with a helpful integration to Gmail and Google Workspace, the productivity suite from Google Cloud.
Small business owners can’t afford to mess around, so read up on experts’ tips for choosing a domain, and sign up with the hosts we recommend for online brands looking to grow:
- World’s largest domain registrar with 17+ million domains under management
- FREE domain included with annual plans
- Manage your domains via cPanel or Plesk
- FREE email hosting at your domain
- 99.9% website uptime guaranteed
- Get started on GoDaddy now.
- FREE domain name and seamless site transfer
- Includes 1-click installer with over 310 apps
- FREE SSDs for shared business hosting plans
- Easy installs for WordPress, Joomla, and others
- FREE backups and SSL certificate
- Get started on InMotion Hosting now.
Best Domain Hosting With Email
Your website’s domain name not only functions as the label and point of reference to direct web browsers to your site, but it can also serve as the basis for email accounts.
Whether for personal or professional use, having an email address hosted on your own custom domain bodes well for your brand identity.
Certain hosts specialize in domain and email hosting services with features such as spam filtering, auto-responders, the ability to host unlimited email accounts at a free domain, and a free control panel license for managing it all.
A2 Hosting runs the gamut of powerful managed hosting for your email account. The web hosting company provides a comprehensive range of compatibility to dozens of webmail clients, spam filters, and a free SSL certificate.
We also frequently recommend HostGator domain and email services as one of the best providers to grow with. The company can easily take your domain portfolio through the cloud hosting and dedicated server hosting ranks.
If this particular domain hosting niche strikes your fancy, check out the best web hosting service for domain and email hosting.
- FREE software for webmail, newsletters, contact forms, list management, and spam filtering
- Unlimited inboxes, forwarding, and autoresponders
- Secure POP3, IMAP, and SMTP messaging
- Unlimited storage and transfer with FREE SSL
- Get more than 50% off today (was $7.99/month)
- Get started on A2 Hosting now.
- Unlimited email accounts and storage
- FREE migration, domain, and SSL certificate
- Webmail access via Horde and Roundcube
- FREE SpamAssassin and weekly backups
- Seamless G Suite upgrade for more productivity
- Get started on HostGator now.
Best Domain Hosting for WordPress
If you’ve already decided a WordPress site is what you want, and you just need a domain host to help you launch it, you’ve reached your section.
WordPress hosting is a powerhouse platform trusted by the likes of TechCrunch, TED Talks, and the one-and-only Beyoncé. Heck, you’ll even see the HostingAdvice domain sits comfortably on WordPress!
We thoroughly vetted the web’s most popular hosting plans for WordPress and recommend you consider the #1 host to get started. Choose your domain, download and install the WordPress software with a single click, and you’re on your way.
Bluehost and SiteGround are titans of WordPress hosting industry, with both carrying the coveted recommendation of the WordPress leadership team.
We especially appreciate the companies’ approach to managed WordPress hosting, ensuring site owners have ample access to customer support through phone, tickets, and live chat.
- Recommended by WordPress.org since 2005
- Automatic WordPress updates and initial install
- FREE WordPress themes in the Bluehost Marketplace
- 24/7 support via live chat, phone, and email
- Get exclusive discounts on WordPress plans
- Get started on Bluehost now.
- Officially endorsed by WordPress.org
- FREE migration plugin or automated installation
- Pre-installed Git, 3 caching levels, and FREE CDN
- FREE WP setup wizard, staging, and auto-updates
- Fast, 24/7 support via custom chat system
- Get started on SiteGround now.
Which Domain Host is the Best For Your Next Project?
I hope you found the ideal hosting provider for your next project. Whether you’re looking to sell online or share your own literary witticisms, I urge you to head on over to our domain hosting page for further guidance and information.
In the meantime, keep an eye out for one of the hottest marketing tactics in shared hosting: the free domain name registration at signup. Typically costing $10 to $15 per year, domains are a highly sought signup bonus.
Many hosts add to this value even further by offering free email accounts, unlimited storage, or a free website migration to your new host’s services.
Business website owners are no stranger to the significance of a domain name. Your hosting needs transcend the desire for a simple domain registration process and intuitive cPanel interface for managing accounts.
Your site’s page load times need to be blazing fast and your site being persistently available is non-negotiable. Perhaps you own multiple domains. The need for speed, power, and performance doesn’t diminish with more sites under your belt.