As a relatively new homeowner and frequent online shopper, I’m a prime example of why web hosting for small business is a critical investment for entrepreneurs. For the past few months, I’ve enjoyed upgrading my hand-me-down furniture to make the house more comfortable and grown-up — and not once did I think of setting foot inside a store.
That’s why it’s critical for businesses to establish a strong online impression. More than 85% of consumers will research a product online before making a purchase, so you’ll want to ensure your company quickly establishes itself as a trustworthy resource. Your site will attract new customers from all over, so choosing a reliable, reputable host is just as important as the website itself.
Uptime and performance rates matter to online shoppers like me, and finding the right host for your business needs will help sales soar and your brand reputation grow. Read on to see who we say are the 10 best web hosting services for small businesses in 2022.
1. Best Overall Small Business Hosting
To see the most return on your website investment, seek out a host with high uptime guarantees — that reliability will mean your site stays online and available to customers at all hours. Strong hosting companies will also include top-notch support and powerful site builders that let you focus your efforts on your business passion and not the technical details behind running a website.
- FREE BoldGrid site builder and templates
- FREE website, domain, and cPanel migrations
- SSD storage makes your site load up to 20x faster
- Security suite includes SSL and hack protection
- Unlimited bandwidth and email accounts
- Get started on InMotion now.
2. Most Affordable Small Business Hosting
We know you want free hosting, but the flexibility, support, and features included with even bare-bones shared hosting plans are well worth the minor investment. For $3 or less per month, hosts will give you all you need to make a successful website for your small business: a free domain, website builder, SEO tools, advertising credits, eCommerce capabilities, and around-the-clock support for prices that can’t be beat.
- Unlimited everything, from storage to databases
- FREE site builder & WP performance upgrades
- FREE daily or weekly backups
- Custom control panel and auto-installation scripts
- SSH access & SSL certificates
- Get started on Hostinger now.
3. eCommerce Hosting for Small Business
Business owners can make their products and services available to a global audience by adding eCommerce functionality — an online storefront and shopping cart program — to their website. Adding these features to your site can be complicated for beginners, but many hosts offer easy, 1-click installations of the most popular tools — and the knowledgeable support staffs to help you implement them. Boost sales by offering customers the convenience of buying from anywhere.
- Low-cost managed WooCommerce stores
- FREE payment processing and adjustable shipping
- Test changes to your online store in a staging area
- Pre-installed SSL security and auto daily backups
- 100% renewable energy match
- Get started on SiteGround now.
4. Email Hosting for Small Business
With customer relationships at stake, you don’t want to trust just anyone with your business communications. We appreciate a host that includes all sorts of secure, reliable, and easy-to-use email features with your hosting plan, such as unlimited accounts and a free domain. Keep an eye out for plans that include autoresponders, spam filters, forwarding, and webmail options, too.
- FREE domain and unlimited emails
- Secure email with 3 webmail solutions
- $200 in advertising credits with Google and Bing
- Google app integration available
- FREE Office 365 mailbox for your first 30 days
- Get started on Bluehost now.
5. Free Website Builder With Hosting
Hosts make it a snap to put a website together — you don’t need to learn how to code to use the simple website builders that let you drag and drop your logo, images, text, and videos exactly where you want them displayed. From blogging to online stores, website builders make your online dreams happen with just a few clicks of the mouse. The top builders come with hundreds of customizable themes, letting you find just the right look to match your brand.
- No coding skills needed with drag-and-drop builder
- 100s of templates with niche-specific designs
- Add features via the App Market and Wix Events
- Easily create ecommerce functionality easily
- Great way to build small sites on a budget
- Get started on Wix now.
6. Blog Hosting for Small Business
When done right, blogs set the tone for how potential customers view and interact with your business. Beyond your products and online store, online shoppers are looking for information about your brand. Blog hosting should be fast, simple, and lightweight enough to let you work, but still showcase your brand in a powerful, visually appealing manner.
- Easy setup for WordPress, Ghost, and other tools
- Turbo Servers make your posts load up to 20x faster
- A2-optimized WP plugins for performance and security
- FREE SSL certificates included
- Expert assistance available 24/7
- Get started on A2 Hosting now.
7. Cloud Hosting (VPS) for Small Business
Shared hosting plans will meet the needs of most small businesses starting their own website. By sharing server space with other hosting customers, small business owners can save money as their company takes off. Once you start to see that growth, however, you’ll want hosting resources that can keep up with the increased demand. Cloud hosting, or hosting on virtual private servers, gives you more control over what is powering your website.
- Turbo server & cache options for faster page loads
- Well-built plans starting with 4GB RAM
- FREE CDN plus auto-installs with Softaculous
- Multilingual support and up to unlimited databases
- Enhanced security with and daily kernel updates
- Get started on A2 Hosting now.
8. Dedicated Server for Small Business
Thriving businesses can outgrow cloud or VPS hosting plans, requiring more powerful computing resources to keep websites at peak performance. Upgrade to a dedicated server when your site receives high amounts of traffic. The price can be steep for the top level of hosting, but dedicated plans come with the utmost in support, infrastructure, uptime, and performance.
- Plesk, InterWorx, or cPanel (Linux) or Plesk (Windows)
- 100% network and power uptime guarantees
- Custom configurations and instant provisioning
- Auto-migrations, backups, and real-time monitoring
- Block/object storage and load balancer add-ons
- Get started on Liquid Web now.
9. Starting a Web Hosting Business? Best Reseller Hosting
What about those merging business and web hosting? Now that you’re learning about the facets of what makes a good host, maybe you’ll want to start your own hosting business. Resellers basically sublease some of their server space to others. They buy hosting — typically a virtual private server, or VPS — from a provider for wholesale rates and set the retail rates for the hosting resources you want to sell to others.
- SSD reseller hosting with FREE cPanel/WHM access
- Keep your reseller business organized with WHMCS
- FREE dedicated IP and site backups
- Tons of email features with IMAP and POP3 support
- Manage your domains with a FREE eNom license
- Get started on InMotion Hosting now.
Scale Your Small Business with a Host You Can Grow With!
Congratulations to these hosts on being named the best at helping small business owners get online and grow their companies; hosting shoppers, good luck on your company’s quest.
When business starts to boom, you’ll want to move your site to more powerful hosting packages that will scale with you. If you’re ready to start rising through the ranks of hosting, take a look at HostGator, the best host to grow with. They offer the tools to go from rookie to business tycoon.
Search instead for the best web hosting for: