Just like stumbling across the next great guitar riff, discovering the best web hosting for musicians is sure to get you on your feet and jumping for joy. Being a talented musician or charismatic frontman is only part of getting discovered yourself — you need to get your music heard.
Websites are a perfect way to share your songs, videos, and photos with a growing fanbase. A great hosting provider lets you or your group take center stage with easy-to-use site builders and marketing tools — and aren’t you in luck! We know (and use) several hosts that offer solutions perfectly in tune with the needs of performers.
5 Best Music Website Hosting Providers
Building a website isn’t limited to tech-savvy designers and developers anymore. With the hosts listed below, you can get a modern, funky website in less time than it takes to write a song.
1. Wix: Templates for Bands, DJs, and Artists
Wix’s drag-and-drop site builder comes perfectly tailored for musicians with roughly 50 music-themed templates geared toward solo artists, bands, DJs, and music industry leaders. Add in the free Wix Music app, with tools for promoting, distributing, and selling your music, and you’re ready to go on tour and start connecting with fans. Even better? Wix doesn’t take a commission on any sale, letting you keep every cent of your catalog.
Monthly Starting Price $0.00
- No coding skills needed with drag-and-drop builder
- 100s of templates with niche-specific designs
- Add features via the App Market and Wix Events
- Easily create ecommerce functionality easily
- Great way to build small sites on a budget
- Get started on Wix now.
2. Bluehost: WordPress Music Themes
Endorsed by the team behind the world’s most-used content management system, Bluehost is the longtime standard of WordPress hosting. Built on their powerful and scalable VPS platform, Bluehost’s WordPress hosting packages turn up the volume on performance and speed. They also include a content delivery network and SiteLock security, along with automatic backups. WordPress opens up a world of themes and plugins built specifically for performers.
Monthly Starting Price $2.95
- Recommended by WordPress Core since 2005
- FREE SSD storage and SSL certificate
- FREE domain registration and email
- Automatic installation and updates
- 63% discount for HostingAdvice readers
- Get started on Bluehost now.
3. InterServer: Low Budget
If you just want a simple site for your fans to find you, try InterServer. Their price is the lowest we’ve found for a shared hosting plan that includes all sorts of free extras: cheap domain registration, website builder, online store, security tools, and marketing credits. You’ll get plenty of room to tell your story, share your music, promote performances, and sell swag. Their 24/7 support tools will be there to help your site grow.
Monthly Starting Price $0.01
- $0.01 for the first month, then $5 monthly after
- NO contracts and NO sudden price increases
- Unlimited storage space, data transfers, and email
- Register or transfer domains for $7.99 with most plans
- 99.9% uptime and price-lock guarantee
- Get started on InterServer now.
4. iPage: Sell Merch With Free Advertising
With some of the best online marketing and retail options around, iPage’s packages will work wonders for your merchandise. Their site building platform is a powerful tool that will also help you on social media and email newsletters. On the ecommerce side, the company gives you the choice of six shopping cart programs and PayPal credit card processing. To help get the word out, iPage plans come with search engine marketing credits.
Monthly Starting Price $1.99
- Easy setup and superb reliability since 1998
- FREE domain and Google marketing included
- Unlimited disk, bandwidth, and emails
- FREE site builder and shopping cart
- Get more than 75% off today (was $7.99/month)
- Get started on iPage now.
5. Bandzoogle: Free Domain For Life and Commission-Free Store
For bands, duets, or solo artists — heck, even groupies and fans — Bandzoogle should be on your short list of prospective website builder services. If the quirky name doesn’t sell you, the free domain name registration (for life!) will. Not to mention, Bandzoogle makes it easy to sell music, merch, tickets, and downloads, all without added fees. The platform’s event management tools make your website’s behind-the-scenes show run just as smoothly as your on-stage performances. After all, who better to trust your music site to than the company built by musicians for musicians? Check out our full review of Bandzoogle for more info.
Monthly Starting Price $8.29
- Superior support via chat & email
- Sell music, merch, & tickets
- Fast & reliable cloud hosting
- Unlimited bandwidth across plans
- Automatic SEO optimization
- Get started on Bandzoogle now.
Note: “Music Hosting” Websites vs. Building a Site for Your Band
There’s web hosting, and then there’s music hosting. Both can help expose your band to new audiences, but they take very different paths.
Music website hosting is simply web hosting for your band’s website. It gives you the ultimate control and flexibility over your design, features, and songs.
Music hosting/sharing websites are services that store your audio or video files and allow listeners to access them. These sites will generate a microsite for the artists, but you’re typically limited to one page and template.
Depending on your web hosting plan’s storage limit and bandwidth rate, it might be beneficial to host your large music and video files on a music sharing platform, such as SoundCloud and embed them onto your main, hosted website. Doing so will increase your site’s speed and performance while still allowing you to take advantage of the industry connections you can make through music sharing sites.
5 Best (Free) Music Hosting Sites for Files & Videos
Upload, promote, and share your music with these five services. They all offer free platforms, with some adding extra features and expanded storage as part of paid subscriptions.
- SoundCloud: Boasting more than 175 million unique monthly listeners, this is a place to get your music heard. Artists can upload up to three hours of audio for free, or upgrade to a paid account for unlimited uploads, enhanced analytics, and the ability to disable comments.
- Ampslam: Always free, bands can sell their songs — please, no covers — in this independent music sharing community. Ampslam doesn’t take any ownership rights or cuts into band’s profits and offers a monthly contest where winners are featured on the homepage.
- Bandcamp: Giving musicians ultimate control, Bandcamp users can decide if they want to sell their songs and for how much. Artists can offer free downloads if users join their email list, and users can listen for free, or send purchased songs to others as a gift.
- NoiseTrade: It might sound counterintuitive to give your music away for free to anyone who provides an email address and their zip code, but it worked for NoiseTrade Founder Derek Webb: He parlayed 80,000 new email subscribers to more shows and higher attendance.
- ReverbNation: Providing some of the best networking, ReverbNation enables you to submit electronic press kits to national and regional networks of festivals, and labels. In addition to a gig finder tool, you can digitally distribute your songs on iTunes, Spotify, and Amazon.
Keep an eye out for plans that take a cut from purchases or that let you embed your music on your website. The rates and functionalities of music sharing sites can vary across brands and subscription levels.
Your Fans Are Waiting — Get Your Band Online Now
Don’t fret if web design isn’t your forte (OK, I promise the music puns are done) — our favorite web hosts make building vibrant, edgy websites a breeze. If you want to see even more hosting options, click the button below to see our reviews on the top drag-and-drop website builders.
Between the marketing and SEO tools, as well as the networking features found on music sharing sites, the Internet will make sure your music gets heard by die-hard fans and new audiences alike.
Be sure to prioritize web hosting or design services that provide plenty of computing firepower to store and play your tunes without any delay or latency. Your listeners are ready to hear you take the stage!
Search instead for the best web hosting for: