The road to success is built on a long-term plan. No matter your profession, you can’t become a success overnight. It can take years of hard work take you to the promised land.
Likewise, a business needs a solid foundation to thrive in the long run. The foundation of any online business is a distinguished website that will resonate with the brand image forever, so it’s crucial to identify the right web hosting partner to foster your web presence for years to come.
It’s a wise and economical choice to opt for as long of a hosting plan term as possible: Not only do longer hosting plans save money, but they also save the hassle of frequently renewing plans (at substantially higher prices) or migrating your website from one web host to another. Here are the best lifetime web hosting plans.
1. GoDaddy: 5-Year Plan
GoDaddy is the torchbearer of long-term hosting. With a maximum hosting term of five years, it is hard to beat the value it offers in the long run.
GoDaddy is one of the most reliable web hosts, offering excellent shared hosting options to start your journey. If you want to build a simple website, look no further than its Web Hosting Starter plan.
- Industry-leading load times
- Award-winning support and security
- World’s #1 Domain Name Registrar
- Choice of cPanel or Plesk included
- 99.9% uptime guaranteed
- Get started on GoDaddy now.
More about GoDaddy:
- Advanced server hardware for fast website page loads
- Datacenters in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific
- FREE SSL certificate included with your hosting plan
This plan offers all the tools you need to get up and running in no time, including satisfactory (and rather quick) NVMe SSD storage space, unmetered bandwidth, automated daily backups, cPanel, one-click WordPress installation, and 24/7 network security.
2. Hostinger: 4-Year Plan
For those seeking a cheap, long-term hosting plan, Hostinger has you covered. While Hostinger offers a maximum contract term that is one year less than GoDaddy’s (four years), it is considerably cheaper in the short and long term. Its renewal fee is pocket-friendly as well.
- 24/7/365 ticket and live chat support
- 99.9% network uptime guarantee
- FREE domain, site builder, backups, and SSL certificate
- Unlimited bandwidth, databases, and email accounts
- Speedy SSDs optimize performance
- Get started on Hostinger now.
More about Hostinger:
- Its website-building features are second to none
- Global datacenters and a good security suite
- FREE site migration included with your hosting plan
Beginners should take a look at the Hostinger Single plan. This shared hosting plan offers top features, including unlimited free SSL certificates and bandwidth, respectable SSD storage, managed WordPress capabilities, a no-code website builder powered by AI, several marketing integrations, and standard DDoS protection.
3. InMotion Hosting: 3-Year Plan
A four-year or five-year hosting plan may be too much for some individuals and businesses. These include a lack of flexibility and (potentially) limited upgrades. That is why most hosting companies offer three-year plans. InMotion Hosting provides the perfect balance of cheap hosting, solid features, and a sufficiently long-term contract duration. Its Core plan is a superb choice for shared hosting.
- FREE SSD drives included with all hosting plans
- Zero-downtime website transfers and migrations
- FREE backups, SSL, and DDoS protection
- Choice of East Coast or West Coast datacenter
- Multi-language support for PHP, Ruby, and Perl
- Get started on InMotion now.
More about InMotion Hosting:
- A 99.999% uptime promise
- Developer-friendly hosting provisions
- cPanel and a free website builder are included in all plans
The Core plan offers a free SSL certificate, abundant SSD storage, unlimited hosting bandwidth, outstanding security and marketing tools, and US-based datacenters. InMotion Hosting’s live chat support is renowned, so reach out to the support team if you have any questions.
4. Bluehost: 3-Year Plan
Bluehost is the best web service for WordPress hosting and is recommended by WordPress. That said, Bluehost offers far more. Its shared and dedicated server hosting plans are excellent in their own right, proving immense hosting flexibility, reliability, and speed.
- Up to unlimited website domain and email hosting
- 1-click WordPress installs and software updates
- Support for popular shopping carts with FREE SSL
- Up to $200 in Microsoft and Google Ad credit
- Industry-leading hardware and uptime rates
- Get started on Bluehost now.
More about Bluehost:
- A 99.9% uptime guarantee
- Domain privacy and spam protection features
- Daily backups through CodeGuard
The three-year BASIC plan is far from a bare-bones shared hosting plan, with features such as unlimited bandwidth, free domain registration, a Cloudflare CDN subscription, automatic malware scans, and 24/7 customer service.
5. A2 Hosting: 3-Year Plan
A2 Hosting is the Usain Bolt of the hosting world, providing “hosting in the fast lane”, thanks to its AI-powered performance optimizations. Its cheapest shared web hosting plan, the STARTUP plan, is wonderful for hosting newcomers.
- SSDs and TurboServer for 20x faster pageloads
- Host unlimited websites and FREE site transfer
- Optimized plugins and 1-click installs for WP
- Pre-installed OPcache and Memcached caching
- FREE HackScan with restore options
- Get started on A2 Hosting now.
More about A2 Hosting:
- A guaranteed uptime of 99.9%
- An advanced security offering
- Email hosting services
The STARTUP plan offers ample NVMe SSD storage, a free SSL certificate, unlimited email accounts, a free website builder, website staging, easy website migration, and knowledgeable, 24/7 Guru Crew support.
6. DreamHost: 3-Year Plan
DreamHost is another capable web host for long-term hosting. Its shared hosting plans offer all the features you need to successfully launch a website and are easy on your budget. The Shared Starter plan is an entry-level hosting plan for new websites that includes a free domain name.
- Unlimited traffic, storage, websites, and email
- US-based customer support available 24/7
- 200% faster performance with SSDs
- Industry-leading 97-day money-back guarantee
- Enjoy preinstalled WordPress and FREE transfer
- Get started on DreamHost now.
More about DreamHost:
- An astounding 100% uptime guarantee
- Resource protection and server optimization capabilities
- A custom control panel for easy account administration
The plan is highly flexible and was designed for beginners. With this plan, you can easily set up a blog, an eCommerce store, or a business website. Take advantage of its free integrated features, unlimited storage, automated backups, and extreme reliability.
7. ScalaHosting: 3-Year Plan
ScalaHosting is an exceptional managed cloud VPS hosting provider. With a 5-star Trustpilot rating, it is a top-rated shared hosting solution, and its long-term Mini plan for shared hosting is fast and dependable.
- Simple, fast, and reliable hosting services
- Full-service account management with SPanel
- FREE domain name, SSL certificate, and CDN
- Custom-built servers and self-healing cloud setup
- Unlimited emails, databases, and bandwidth
- Managed VPS options with top-tier support
- Get started on ScalaHosting now.
More about ScalaHosting:
- A 99.99% uptime promise
- Official partnership with Joomla
- A library of more than 400 web apps
The plan offers standard security, NVMe SSD storage, unmetered bandwidth, free SSL certificates, unlimited emails and databases, and daily offsite backups. But the plan does not offer a free domain name.
8. HostArmada: 3-Year Plan
HostArmada is a relative newcomer in the industry but has built a reputation as a pocket-friendly and reliable hosting company. The provider packs a punch and can rival the best web hosts in the business. It is a cloud hosting service that offers managed web hosting solutions. The Start Dock plan is a good fit if you need a cheap managed hosting plan but have a long-term vision.
- FREE website optimization with enhanced caching
- Upgrade quickly with scalable cloud servers
- Easy-to-navigate cPanel integration
- FREE web security suite with DDoS protection
- 24/7 technical support and ticketing
- Get started on HostArmada now.
More about HostArmada:
- A 99.9% uptime guarantee
- A drag-and-drop SiteBuilder subscription
- Robust malware and firewall capabilities
Its managed shared hosting plan offers rapid, redundant SSD storage space, SSL for all websites, unlimited subdomains, email account addresses, and databases. You should also check out HostArmada’s managed WordPress hosting plans, as our experts rate them highly.
9. HostGator: 3-Year Plan
HostGator is an innovative hosting platform that offers several shared hosting, WordPress hosting, dedicated hosting, and VPS hosting plans. Its shared hosting plans were crafted with care and are among the best in the industry. These plans are affordable, feature-laden, and swift.
- Familiar and easy-to-use cPanel control panel
- FREE drag-and-drop custom website builder
- Unlimited disk space, email, and bandwidth
- Flexible term lengths with no contract required
- 67% off your first three years
- Get started on HostGator now.
More about HostGator:
- Hosts more than 2 million websites.
- Advanced features for advanced web professionals.
- One-click installation for web apps such as WordPress, Magento, Joomla!, Drupal, and phpBB.
Each plan offers unmetered bandwidth, an SSL certificate, free domain registration, an array of eCommerce and SEO tools, and at least $150 in Google Ad credits. The Hatchling Plan is highly recommended for beginners.
10. SiteGround: 2-Year Plan
SiteGround is built on Google Cloud infrastructure and rated highly by our HostingAdvice experts. Its plans offer security, reliability, speed, and around-the-clock support.
- FREE site transfer or new site setup
- FREE daily backups, CDN, email, and SSL
- 24/7 expert support with no wait on phone or chat
- Recommended by WordPress as a top host
- Ideal for business email hosting
- Get started on SiteGround now.
More about SiteGround:
- An annual uptime guarantee of a staggering 99.996%
- eCommerce-enabled with managed WordPress capabilities in-built
- Optimized for CMS applications
SiteGround’s shared hosting StartUp plan, in particular, is worth noting. If you are looking for enhanced security and top-notch hosting features, SiteGround is among the best in the business.
11. IONOS: 1-Year Plan
Unfortunately, IONOS only offers a contract period of one year for its shared hosting plans, and it charges a high renewal price for these plans when compared to initial pricing models.
- FREE domain and SSL, plus daily backups
- Drag-and-drop site builder and starter kit
- Gain exposure with $100-worth of ad credits
- Packages cater to businesses & personal use
- FREE custom SEO and marketing tools
- Get started on 1&1 IONOS now.
More about IONOS:
- A solid uptime guarantee of 99.99%
- Super quick hosting and georedundant infrastructure
- Scalable performance management and one-click compatibility with your favorite apps
If you do the math, IONOS is still a practical option in the long run, when compared to web hosts that offer longer contract terms at higher monthly prices (and charge equally high renewal fees).
The Plus plan is a good choice for businesses of all sizes and has the hosting features you need to bring your website to life. These include unlimited domains, unlimited storage, daily backups, performance-optimized resources, 24/7 customer support service, and more.
What Is Lifetime Web Hosting?
As famous American writer Sidney Sheldon once said, “nothing lasts forever.” It’s unlikely that any web host offers a lifetime subscription. Most hosting companies provide their customers with a maximum term of three years. The longer the hosting term, the better it is, as hosting renewal prices are considerably higher than the discounted rates of the initial contract term.
The upsides of long-term web hosting deals outweigh their potential downsides. Most web hosts offer low introductory pricing and greater discounts on long-term plans. Contract renewal pricing could more than double, and it is best to get the most out of your initial, long-term deal before dealing with high-cost renewal fees.
What Is the Cost of Lifetime Hosting?
Most web hosts offer one- to five-year hosting terms. IONOS offers the lowest introductory pricing in the industry but for the shortest term (one year). That means that customers will have to pay a higher renewal fee (comparatively) once their one-year contract ends or migrate their website to a new web host, which has its own challenges.
The hosting term and renewal fee still do not take away from the brilliance of IONOS’s hosting services.
GoDaddy, on the other hand, offers a maximum term of five years (the longest in the industry) at a reasonable monthly cost. The renewal fee at the end of this term is much higher than the initial monthly cost. The cost of long-term hosting varies from provider to provider, and the bottom line is that when you select a hosting company, you should opt for its longest possible contract.
How Can I Get Free Hosting Forever?
There is no such thing as free web hosting or a lifetime hosting contract. The longer your contract term, the lower the monthly pricing should be. If a hosting provider offers one-, two-, and three-year contract terms, for example, its three-year hosting plans will have the greatest discounts and, in turn, the lowest monthly costs.
Additionally, if you factor in discounts, including the ones we offer at HostingAdvice, you can take advantage of the lowest possible pricing for your preferred hosting plan.
What Are the Best Options for Lifetime Web Hosting Providers?
When selecting a hosting provider, factoring in the lowest possible monthly cost for your preferred plan is recommended (and should be standard practice). The longest hosting contract term will most certainly offer the lowest pricing model. GoDaddy is without a doubt one of the best lifetime hosting providers, with its five-year hosting plans.
Hostinger offers a maximum term of four years on its plans and has plenty of positive reviews. Its renewal fee for four-year plans is quite respectable. With three-year shared hosting plan terms, InMotion Hosting, HostArmada, and HostGator are also great options.
See Our Full Review of GoDaddy
Whatever type of hosting plan you’re looking for, GoDaddy is a solid choice no matter the scale. Our reviewer Ryan Frankel recently took GoDaddy for a spin, and rated the popular host a 4.7 in the Best Overall Hosting category out of a perfect score of 5.0. Here’s what Ryan had to say about GoDaddy:
GoDaddy has long been a reliable host — world-renowned as the #1 domain registrar. With some of the best longevity in the industry, the hosting company is a trustworthy provider we confidently recommend to beginners, developers, and entrepreneurs. Read our GoDaddy reviews below to see which hosting package will be the best fit.
Before signing up for GoDaddy, it’s a good idea to read through Ryan‘s full review to learn about all the features GoDaddy offers. You can also compare it to other web hosts to ensure you’re getting the best deal possible:
If you decide GoDaddy is the right choice, keep in mind that it takes just minutes to deploy your GoDaddy server space. And at $2.99 per month, it’s a bargain considering the many great features that come in any GoDaddy plan.