The fastest WordPress hosting plans are like that overcrowded coffee shop that still manages to get drinks in customers’ hands at a surprisingly efficient rate. The systems, supplies, and personnel are perfectly arranged to maximize productivity and get their caffeine-craving, money-paying customers through the doors and to the cash register.
Online stores and business websites are no different. There have been several studies on this but the general consensus is 47% of web users expect a website to load in two seconds or less, and 40% will bounce if it takes any longer. That’s potential revenue waltzing up to your online storefront and then hopping over to that of a competitor because you didn’t bring your A-game.
The fix for this is a simple one: You want a web host that specializes in super speedy hosting. Today, we’ll cover the fastest WordPress-specific hosting plans, as WordPress is the most popular site-building platform and the vast majority of WordPress software users are businesses.
Fastest Web Hosting for WordPress
There are certain hosting essentials every WordPress host should cover: Easy installations for the software, a free domain for your WordPress site, and maybe assistance with core updates and plugin maintenance. The best WordPress hosting providers see those standards and raise you SSD storage for up to 20 times faster page loads, optimized caching technology for added performance, and maybe even a free content delivery network (CDN).
Other factors to keep in mind are uptime rates — 99.9% guarantee is an industry standard, we say aim for 99.99% or better — network and server monitoring, and automatic backups and disaster recovery support.
All of this adds up to pique performance and reliability for your website or online business. So, without further ado, we present 2023‘s top host for performance-minded WordPress site owners:
- Recommended by WordPress.org since 2005
- Automatic WordPress updates and initial install
- FREE WordPress themes in the Bluehost Marketplace
- 24/7 support via live chat, phone, and email
- Get exclusive discounts on WordPress plans
- Get started on Bluehost now.
Best SSD Shared WordPress Hosts
If you’re looking for fast hosting for WordPress, you’ve probably already stumbled upon the term SSD, short for solid-state drive. While hard disk drives (HDDs) feature a mechanical arm that reads and writes data on a spinning, magnetic disk called a platter, SSDs require no moving parts — making them up the superior storage solution when it comes to speed. The actual difference in performance and time it takes to retrieve data depends on the controller, the mastermind behind how data is stored, organized, cached, and retrieved from microchips within the SSD.
It’s fair to say SSDs have become a preferred storage standard across many VPS and dedicated hosting plans, and in recent years, industry-leading hosts have pulled the trigger on including SSDs in their shared hosting offerings, too. Next up, we have the best shared SSD hosting providers for WordPress users:
- Shared business hosting with FREE SSD storage
- FREE website migration with zero downtime
- Develop in PHP, Ruby, Perl, Python, and MySQL
- FREE drag-and-drop builder or WordPress
- FREE data backups and FREE SSL cert
- Get started on InMotion Hosting now.
- Customize your cloud environment for FREE
- Work with a dedicated account manager
- Dozens of Windows & Linux OS choices
- Complimentary live chat support open 24/7
- Launch in less than 60 seconds
- Get started on Kamatera now.
- SSD hosting, built-in cache, and FREE CDN
- Your choice of 5 popular cloud providers
- Optimized stack with Apache, PHP-FPM, and MariaDB
- Support for the latest PHP versions
- Get 25% OFF first 3 months with promo code HOSTINGADVICE
- Get started on Cloudways now.
Best SSD VPS WordPress Hosts
I mentioned earlier that SSDs have gained popularity, particularly among virtual and dedicated server providers. VPS hosts are no stranger to the performance demands of their customers. You can expect industry-leading uptime rates, round-the-clock server monitoring, advanced caching tools, and your choice of RAM allowances and compute configurations with the top VPS hosts. We recommend checking out the top SSD VPS hosting providers for maximum performance.
- $0.01 for the first month using code HOSTINGADV
- Then $6/mo. with no contracts or price changes
- Latest PHP, MySQL, Perl, Python, Ruby & more
- 14 operating systems for Windows & Linux
- Self-healing hardware boosts your site's uptime
- Get started on InterServer now.
- Ultimate performance for an ultra-affordable price
- Redundant SSD storage with 2-8GB of RAM
- Seamless migration from Bluehost shared hosting
- Premium support and industry-standard uptime rates
- HostingAdvice shoppers get 33% off first month
- Get started on Bluehost now.
- FREE SSDs for 20x faster VPS hosting
- Enterprise-grade CentOS and security patches
- Root & SSH access, and reseller option with WHM
- Cloud infrastructure with real-time redundancy
- Unlimited FTP accounts and MySQL databases
- Get started on InMotion Hosting now.
Best Dedicated WordPress Hosts
Dedicated servers are known for a lot of perks — total control over resource consumption and security, privacy, and power, power, power! Speed and flexibility are not necessarily a given, so the best dedicated hosting providers have optimized their hardware to allow customers to eke out as much performance for their fast-growing, highly trafficked sites as possible. After evaluating the top dedicated server plans, we’ve narrowed it down to the best of the best for WordPress:
- Explore server deals to find the best rates
- High powered modern AMD and Intel processors
- Unlimited traffic and 1 Gbit/s network connectivity
- 8-minute deployment with full API control
- Auto backups, DDoS protection, and RAID-1 storage
- Get started on 1&1 IONOS now.
- Bare-metal or managed servers available
- 1-on-1 time with a server administrator
- 99.99% uptime via Smart Routing™ technology
- Tier 1 network with redundant bandwidth
- SSH root access and DDoS protection on all servers
- Upgrade for cPanel, migration, and auto backups
- Get started on InMotion now.
- Linux or Windows with choice of 3 control panels
- 100% network and power uptime guarantees
- Custom configurations and instant provisioning
- Auto-migrations, backups, and real-time monitoring
- Block/object storage and load balancer add-ons
- Get started on Liquid Web now.
Fastest Managed WordPress Plans
If you’re looking for the optimal WordPress hosting experience, particularly for a mission-critical business site, you may want to consider managed hosting for WordPress. Generally speaking, managed hosting means your host handles your hardware and infrastructure while you maintain the software. In the case of managed WordPress hosting, however, your host is basically taking care of everything but your content, web design, and product inventory management if you’re in the eCommerce game.
Managed WordPress hosts will maintain updates to the WordPress Core, ensuring your site won’t fall prey to the demise of an outdated platform. And some providers will even manage your plugins for you. One of the main causes of WordPress site downfall is faulty software, and that’s almost always due to human error, so having the support of a team of experienced WordPress developers and admins bodes extremely well for your site’s performance, user experience, and success overall. Check out the top hosts with managed WordPress plans below:
- Fully managed WordPress hosting for 1 to 100 sites
- Get started quickly with Qubely Pro for Gutenberg
- 1-click staging and unlimited email accounts
- Built-in image compression, caching, and CDN
- 24/7/365 support via phone, email, and live chat
- Get started on Nexcess now.
- 1-click WordPress installs via enhanced cPanel
- VPS with NGINX architecture for extreme speed
- Advanced CDN and WAF protection
- Custom cPanel simplifies WP site management
- Instant provisioning and regular backups
- Get started on Bluehost now.
- Managed services for all WordPress plans
- In-house-built technologies for speed and support
- WordPress kept up to date with automatic backups
- Easily test and deploy changes via staging area
- 3 levels of caching for optimal performance
- Get started on SiteGround now.
Look for SSDs, Caching, and WP-Specific Optimizations for Max Speed
You’ve probably noticed a few themes trending through these last few paragraphs: SSD storage equals speedy storage, caching is King, and WordPress-specific performance optimizations are ideal. As the coffeehouse owner in my earlier analogy, you want to welcome patrons through the doors of your WordPress-based online storefront with open arms. I
think know you’ll find the speed you need with the hosts we’ve discussed here today.
Got a WordPress success story? Tell us about it!
See Our Full Review of Bluehost
Whatever type of hosting plan you’re looking for, Bluehost is a solid choice no matter the scale. Our reviewer Ryan Frankel recently took Bluehost for a spin, and rated the popular host a 4.9 in the WordPress Hosting category out of a perfect score of 5.0. Here’s what Ryan had to say about Bluehost:
Bluehost has a rock-solid reputation in the shared and WordPress hosting communities, and the host is a long-time favorite of mine. Today, Bluehost powers more than 2 million websites, and the team touts years of experience. With well-maintained servers, competitive pricing, and excellent customer support, Bluehost is hardly a pick you’ll regret.
Before signing up for Bluehost, it’s a good idea to read through Ryan‘s full review to learn about all the features Bluehost offers. You can also compare it to other web hosts to ensure you’re getting the best deal possible:
If you decide Bluehost is the right choice, keep in mind that it takes just minutes to deploy your Bluehost server space. And at $2.95 per month, it’s a bargain considering the many great features that come in any Bluehost plan.