A Virtual Private Server (VPS) with multiple IP addresses can benefit businesses and individuals for different reasons. I’ve used it to host multiple websites, optimize for SEO, and provide better security for some websites and applications I’ve built.
You may have a different reason than those I’ve outlined above. No matter the reason, there’s no questioning the benefits of having several IP addresses on your VPS hosting platform.
The biggest challenge is finding the best VPS hosting with multiple IPs. And from my 10 years of experience dealing with VPSes, I know what works for me might not work for someone else. That’s why I’ve reviewed nine of the best to ensure everyone finds a hosting solution that suits their needs.
Let’s get right into it.
The Best Multi-IP Address Virtual Private Servers
Most virtual private servers come with at least one dedicated IP address, but there are some powerful, feature-rich hosts that offer several (or more than one hundred!) IPs. The following plans come with multiple IP addresses out-of-the-box or let you purchase additional addresses at checkout.
- Cloud VPS that’s more flexible and affordable
- Load balancer, firewall, and managed services
- Premium Intel CPUs with 300% more power
- Choose between monthly or hourly billing
- Sign up today for a 30-day FREE trial
- Get started on Kamatera now.
Kamatera is a top provider of cloud-based virtual private servers. This hosting provider won’t give you just one IP address to use on its cloud server – you can choose up to four!
That gives you a lot of legroom to accomplish your goals. Whether you want to install multiple SSL certificates, isolate your applications, or set up geolocation for SEO, having numerous IP addresses makes it possible.
- Turbo server & cache options for faster page loads
- Well-built plans starting with 4GB RAM
- FREE CDN plus auto-installs with Softaculous
- Multilingual support and up to unlimited databases
- Enhanced security with and daily kernel updates
- Get started on A2 Hosting now.
A2 Hosting has a stellar reputation in the developer community for its fast speeds and security. When you sign up for a VPS hosting plan with A2, you’ll get two dedicated IP addresses by default. But that’s not the end of the deal.
There’s always room for more if you need it. This Turbo-charged host lets you add more IP addresses at checkout.
- Managed or unmanaged, in Windows or Linux
- Cloud hosting with hourly or monthly billing
- Instant upgrades without downtime
- FREE around-the-clock monitoring
- Automatic nightly backups available
- Get started on Hostwinds now.
Hostwinds will give you one dedicated IP address by default when you sign up for a VPS hosting package. But if you need more, you can update your shopping cart at checkout or add them later from the control panel.
That said, it is worth noting that this host only offers IP addresses in blocks of eight, all the way to 128. That’s overkill if you only need to add one or two more IP addresses, so I’d only recommend this host for agencies, reseller hosting providers, and other users who need many IP addresses.
- $0.01 for the first month using code HOSTINGADV
- Then $6 monthly with no contracts, no changes
- Latest of PHP, MySQL, Perl, Python, and Ruby
- 7 operating system options for Linux or Windows
- Full root access and choice of datacenter
- Get started on InterServer now.
Like Hostwinds, InterServer will throw in a free dedicated IP address when you sign up for a VPS hosting plan. Other hosts I’ve reviewed will let you add more IP addresses before checkout. But InterSever is quite different.
Instead of adding the IP addresses before finalizing the purchase, you can do so through its control panel. This makes it easy to customize your server after purchase. Note that the additional address comes at a small monthly fee.
- Seamless migration from any Bluehost shared hosting plan
- Root access and easy multi-server management
- Ample RAID-1 storage and tons of bandwidth
- Each plan gets at least 3 dedicated IP addresses
- cPanel and WHM with root access
- Get started on Bluehost now.
With Bluehost, each VPS plan comes with three dedicated IPs. If that’s not enough, you can always add more directly from the control panel.
This managed VPS hosting service works best with WordPress websites (it’s a WordPress-endorsed host). But it’s not only restricted to WordPress hosting; its managed dedicated server supports all other content management systems, including Drupal and Joomla.
- HostingAdvice readers get 67% off the first term
- FREE site migrations and 2 hours of Launch Assist
- 2 – 3 dedicated IP address options
- FREE cPanel/WHM licenses included
- Highly available servers with real-time redundancy
- Get started on InMotion now.
InMotion Hosting blazed the path for NVMe SSD drives in hosting, championing lightning-fast speed — even for shared servers. The most basic VPS plan from InMotion Hosting comes with two dedicated IPs. The higher the hosting plan, the more dedicated IP addresses you’ll get.
For context, when you sign up, you can choose between two (the default option), three, five, and 10 IP addresses. The right choice for you will depend on your unique needs.
- High-speed hosting that’s faster than AWS, Rackspace, and Digital Ocean
- FREE backups, CDN, and DDoS protection
- Up to 16 processors with all-SSD storage
- Choice between cPanel, Plesk, or InterWorx
- Real-time monitoring and 100% uptime guarantee
- Get started on Liquid Web now.
Liquid Web’s VPS plans start at a slightly higher cost than most, but we think the features you get are worth the price. Liquid Web’s virtual private servers have one dedicated IP address by default, but the host lets you easily add more through your hosting control panel.
However, you should know Liquid Web limits the number of IPs you can add to your virtual server to seven. It will also charge you an extra fee for each IP you add.
- Full root access with fully or semi-managed options
- Redundant network with multiple layers of security
- FREE website, domain, MySQL, and script transfer
- RAID-10 storage for data protection
- Get up to 75% off when you sign up
- Get started on HostGator now.
Each HostGator VPS has two dedicated IP addresses by default. One of these two IP addresses is a shared IP address.
Most hosting companies let you add IP addresses through your control panel at checkout, but HostGator has an old-school way of doing things. If you want to add another IP address to your hosting plan, you’ll need to contact HostGator customer service via phone or chat.
- Designed to handle traffic with Linux or Windows
- Admin access via root access, cPanel, and Plesk
- High-speed SSDs and 99.9% uptime guarantee
- Unlimited bandwidth and lots of processing power
- Fully or semi-managed servers with optional control panel
- Get started on GoDaddy now.
GoDaddy has an “upon request” system for adding additional IP addresses. But you’ll get one IP address upon signing up.
This Linux and Windows VPS provider limits the number of IPs you can add depending on the type of VPS hosting plan you select. The base plan allows you to add only one IP address, while the most advanced option can accommodate up to three requests.
What Is a Virtual Private Server?
As the name implies, a Virtual Private Server, or what people commonly refer to as a VPS, is a hosting environment that works like a dedicated server within a shared hosting infrastructure.
A VPS divides a physical server into multiple virtual servers, each working independently with its own dedicated resources, such as CPU, RAM, storage, and an operating system.
This server isolation system has many benefits. I’ve pointed out the most common below.
- Provides root or administrator access to the VPS environment, allowing users to install, configure, and manage software on the server per their wishes
- Easily scalable, which allows users to adjust their resource allocation (CPU, RAM, storage) as their website or application grows
- Helps save costs as it is more affordable than dedicated server hosting (although it offers many of the same benefits)
- Delivers better performance compared to shared hosting
- Isolation reduces the risk of security breaches, making VPS server hosting more secure than shared hosting
- Offers higher uptime guarantees than shared hosting
Generally, VPS hosting is what most people opt for when they can’t afford (or don’t need) dedicated hosting. It offers similar characteristics but with less control over the resources.
What Is an IP Address?
The term “IP address” is most commonly used in web hosting lingo and computer networking. For starters, it stands for Internet Protocol Address. It’s a unique number assigned to each device connected to a computer network.
This address facilitates communication between devices in a network. It also helps send data packets to their intended destination across the internet. Think of your home address as an example of an IP address and the United States Postal Service as the communication channel (network) between you and the data packet (your mail).
These addresses usually fall under two categories: private IP addresses and public IP addresses. Private IP addresses work in private networks, such as a home or business network, and are not directly accessible from the public internet.
Public IP addresses, on the other hand, identify devices connected to the public internet. Your internet service provider, such as T-Mobile, Verizon, A&T, you name it, provides the public IP address to you, the user.
Can a VPS Have Multiple IPs?
Yes, a VPS can have multiple IP addresses for many different reasons. I’ve used different IP addresses to simulate network configurations and scenarios during development and troubleshooting, especially when working with data and security systems.
I also have a reseller hosting business as a side hustle. Each client gets a new IP address when I sell a hosting package. If this sounds like a business you may be interested in, you can read more about reseller hosting providers here. I’ve even used Forex VPS with multiple IPs for Forex trading.
That’s the gist of how I use VPSes with multiple IPs. Other people may need this for load balancing, network segmentation, or even hosting mail servers to increase deliverability and boost security. The possibilities are endless.
Can I Host Multiple Websites on One VPS?
Yes, that’s very possible. In fact, that’s what most VPS service providers do.
It’s uncommon for a standard VPS user to need multiple IP addresses. In the same way, it’s not common for a person to need more than one mailing address unless they have one for personal use and one for business.
That’s why you’ll notice that most VPS hosts only provide between one to three IP addresses per account. The same providers will allow you to add multiple addresses at a small cost. Some, like Hostwinds, will let you add up to 128 dedicated IPs.
Maximize the Benefits of Multiple IP Addresses With the Right VPS Host
When all is said and done, having multiple IP addresses on your server has many benefits. You only need to know where to find the best VPS hosting provider.
Take a moment to think about your hosting needs. How long will you need the IP address? Is it for a temporary reason, such as software and application testing, or something long-term like website deployment?
Your answer to this question will make the difference between choosing a host that offers one to two IPs or one that lets you fill up your shopping cart with more.
See Our Full Review of Kamatera
Whatever type of hosting plan you’re looking for, Kamatera is a solid choice no matter the scale. Our reviewer Laura Bernheim recently took Kamatera for a spin, and rated the popular host a 4.9 in the VPS Hosting category out of a perfect score of 5.0. Here’s what Laura had to say about Kamatera:
Offering an astounding 30-day free trial of its cloud computing and storage hosting plans, Kamatera is a great choice for developers who value performance and scalability. Beginning site owners may be a bit overwhelmed at first, but the web host’s managed cloud services and always-there support team will help you through any issues.
Before signing up for Kamatera, it’s a good idea to read through Laura‘s full review to learn about all the features Kamatera offers. You can also compare it to other web hosts to ensure you’re getting the best deal possible:
If you decide Kamatera is the right choice, keep in mind that it takes just minutes to deploy your Kamatera server space. And at $4.00 per month, it’s a bargain considering the many great features that come in any Kamatera plan.