Pairing a trusted hosting provider with the recommendation of the world’s most popular content management system, here’s our Bluehost WordPress review to show why this is a match made in heaven.
Countless businesses and bloggers are using the effective Bluehost-WordPress connection to build a web presence, market their brands, and blast their products and ideas to the masses. Could you be next?
Here, we’ll look at the top reasons to go with Bluehost to run your WordPress site — and a rationalization of when you may prefer to go a different route. With Bluehost’s fast load times, high availability, and hosting platform built for WordPress, however, you’re sure to present your business in its best light. Let’s take a closer look to see why.
Bluehost WordPress Hosting Review: 4.9 / 5.0
The verdict has been in for a while now. WordPress is the most widely used CMS on the planet, powering more than 75 million websites — that’s a whopping 27% of the internet. WordPress is popular for a number of reasons. It’s fairly easy to use and versatile — with more than 50,000 plugins available to enable users to build any kind of website.
While many providers offer web hosting for the WordPress platform, not many boast comprehensive managed services more effectively than Bluehost, which is why we’ve given the host a 4.9 out of 5.0 rating. Check out our full review below for a complete view into how Bluehost can help you get online.
- Recommended by WordPress Core since 2005
- FREE SSD storage and SSL certificate
- FREE domain registration and email
- Automatic installation and updates
- 63% discount exclusively for HostingAdvice shoppers
- Get started on Bluehost now.
Bluehost Managed WordPress Hosting Review: 4.9 / 5.0
For those who need to step up their WordPress computing power or just need a little extra help running their website, Bluehost offers superb managed services geared toward the content management system’s quirks and oddities. WP Pro includes extra tools for email marketing, social media integrations, and search engine optimization. Each of these can be managed from a single, intuitive interface.
Even better, Bluehost managed WordPress hosting customers can enjoy access to more than 100 themes, daily automated backups, malware detection and removal, and a staging environment that lets you preview changes before publishing them. Take a look at our review below:
- 1-click WordPress installs via enhanced cPanel
- VPS power and NGINX architecture for extreme speed
- Advanced CDN and WAF protection
- Custom control panel simplifies WP site management
- Instant provisioning and regular backups
- Get started on Bluehost now.
Alternatives to Bluehost WordPress Hosting
We think Bluehost is great — but it’s not the only fish in the sea. Just like there are plenty of alternatives to WordPress when it comes to blogging, there are dozens of hosts clamoring for your website business. In fact, Bluehost isn’t even the only host recommended by the WordPress team.
Take a look at three of our favorite hosting providers. While Bluehost may still hold the edge for you, each of the companies listed below offer complimentary services at a similar price point. Pay attention to different features, such as SSDs, storage capacities, and the level of support you can expect to receive.
- WordPress pre-installed with NGINX and PHP 7
- FREE SSL certificate and unlimited bandwidth
- Optional automatic plugin, theme, and core updates
- Features a FREE drag-and-drop WP page editor
- Premium themes and plugin subscriptions
- Get started on InMotion now.
- FREE Cloudflare CDN and 1-click installs for WordPress
- Turbo Server, SSD speed boost, and optimized caching
- A2-optimized WP plugins for performance and security
- SSL certificates, PayPal integration, and 24/7 support
- FREE HackScan and KernelCare
- Get started on A2 Hosting now.
- Officially endorsed by WordPress.org as a top host
- FREE WordPress transfer or setup with 1-click install
- Pre-installed Git, 3 caching levels, and FREE CDN
- FREE WP setup wizard, staging, and auto-updates
- 99.9% uptime, 24/7 support, and custom chat system
- Get started on SiteGround now.
5 Reasons to Consider WordPress Hosting with Bluehost
There are a number of cases that can be made to host your WordPress site with Bluehost. The host’s servers are secure, and backups are created daily to ensure your sites and data are protected. Bluehost also offers its site owners access to cPanel to ease management of sites, domains, and email from a centralized interface. The top arguments to go with the Bluehost-WordPress duo, however, relate to reputation, ease of use, price, and scalability.
Here’s Why Bluehost and WordPress go hand-in-hand:
- Endorsed by the WordPress Core team
- Preinstalled ManageWP
- Discounts exclusively for HostingAdvice readers
- Easy migration to VPS and dedicated options when you’re ready
Having worked together since 2005, Bluehost and WordPress have a rich history of helping businesses and bloggers easily get visually appealing sites online. Because Bluehost built a platform to run the CMS, the host comes highly recommended by the WordPress Core team.
With Bluehost, WordPress is preinstalled, requiring only a few clicks to begin building a site. And then there’s price to consider. As one of the most cost-effective WordPress hosts in the industry, Bluehost plans get even cheaper for HostingAdvice readers. Starting at only $2.95 per month, Bluehost plans allow site owners to develop a fully functional website and have it live in just minutes.
Once your site starts taking off in popularity, there’s no need to worry about bandwidth obstacles that get in the way of increased traffic. The platform Bluehost offers is scalable and easy to migrate to a VPS or dedicated server as your audience grows.
5 Reasons to Consider Another Option
While Bluehost comes highly recommended by the WordPress team and by us, there are some features other hosts might be able to deliver that Bluehost can’t. Whether it’s performance, costs associated with managed services, or support, it’s important to consider every option a host offers to determine if a package is right for you.
Here are a few of the reasons to consider an alternative to Bluehost:
- No SSDs / more performant hardware is available
- Managed services cost extra, whereas they’re included with InMotion
- Can’t host unlimited WordPress sites
- Lacks optimizations such as host-specific WP caching features
- Better support
There’s no argument that Bluehost’s shared hosting is cheap; however, when it comes to managed WordPress services, the host’s price can rise considerably. There are hosts out there that offer this as part of their core hosting plans. Some even offer tools, such as BoldGrid, that make the WordPress environment an even more intuitive experience.
If you’re looking into managing multiple WordPress sites, Bluehost is probably not for you, as its platform doesn’t allow unlimited WordPress hosting. Other hosts include free SSDs to better optimize speed and load times, so it’s important to do your homework and pick a host directly suited to your needs.
TL; DR: We Love Bluehost for WordPress Hosting
Whether you’re dusting your rolling pins to dominate the pie industry or simply want to blog about the best cherry cobbler in town, if you’re employing WordPress, it’s important to roll out your dough with the right host. Cost efficiency is important, but there is an array of offerings to weigh when selecting a host.
Even with Bluehost, you’ll want to make sure you’re getting the right plan. We’ve gone on at length about its WordPress-optimized services, but we’ve also written in-depth reviews about the company’s cloud hosting and VPS plans. Whichever plan you choose, rest easy knowing your site is in the hands of trusted hosting experts that balance affordability, high-tech solutions, and an army of customer support technicians.
The bottom line: The Bluehost-WordPress combo is a great match. It’s cheap (especially for HostingAdvice readers), endorsed directly by the WordPress team, simple to get up and running, and can be seamlessly scaled to VPS or dedicated hosting. These features, coupled with 24/7 support and the functionality offered by cPanel, earn Bluehost our 4.9 out of 5.0 rating. And, with a 30-day money-back guarantee, there’s not much to lose by giving Bluehost a shot.