Root server access, unlimited bandwidth, and a free domain name are just some of the fancy buzzwords you may see when looking for the cheapest Node.js hosting provider. But to choose a provider, you need to go beyond marketing language to select a plan that plays well with the open-source server environment. Node.js has been around for more than a decade and is popular with businesses — including your favorite streaming platform Netflix — that leverage its fast execution speed to create dynamic pages.
Cheapest Node.js Hosting Plan Overall
Due to the technical nature of Node.js hosting, you don’t often see many shared hosting plans that offer this type of service. The run-time environment is popular among businesses and larger organizations because of its high-performance architecture — meaning you will most likely see Node.js hosting in VPS and dedicated server packages. While you may miss out on some standard shared hosting perks, such as a free domain name, unlimited bandwidth, and SSH access, you’ll be glad to know you have at least one uber-affordable shared hosting platform.
But beware, many web hosting companies don’t allow users to run Node.js on a shared hosting package because you need root server access to configure and run the environment. If you sign up for a run-of-the-mill shared hosting plan expecting to run Node.js — you may risk violating your hosting terms and agreements. But lucky for Node.js enthusiasts on a budget, A2 Hosting has got you covered.
A2 Hosting is an industry leader in affordable shared hosting plans that come with ample storage, solid infrastructure, and page load speeds up to 20 times faster than your average provider. This hosting company is one of the few that allows Node.js hosting on its shared plans, meaning users can customize and deploy their Node.js application for just a few dollars per month.
Plus, if you outgrow the resources of A2 Hosting’s shared plan, you can upgrade to its high-performance Node.js VPS plan for a slightly higher monthly cost. That’s a win for customers wanting a long-term hosting relationship.
- FREE Cloudflare CDN and SSD speed boost
- Optimized caching and 1-click installs
- Unlimited email, domains, and databases
- Advanced security and FREE HackScan
- 24/7 support via phone, chat & tickets
- Get started on A2 Hosting now.
Cheap VPS Hosting for Node.js
Unlike with shared hosting, there are plenty of VPS plans to back your Node.js application. Both unmanaged and managed VPS hosting plans are affordable, performant hosting solutions for small to midsize businesses that need more customization and performance than a shared plan.
One of the biggest perks of a VPS plan is the maximum scalability it provides for your Node.js app — some providers offer instant upgrades with zero downtime for seamless scaling. Our favorite companies give users a choice of unmanaged or managed VPS and Linux or Windows hosting for ultimate customization. But it gets better: You can find premium Node.js VPS hosting starting for roughly $5 per month.
- Managed or unmanaged, in Windows or Linux
- Cloud hosting with hourly or monthly billing
- Instant upgrades without downtime
- FREE around-the-clock monitoring
- Automatic nightly backups available
- Get started on Hostwinds now.
- $0.01 for the first month using code HOSTINGADV
- Then $6 monthly with no contracts, no changes
- Latest of PHP, MySQL, Perl, Python, and Ruby
- 7 operating system options for Linux or Windows
- Full root access and choice of datacenter
- Get started on InterServer now.
Cheap Dedicated Server Hosting for Node.js
Dedicated hosting is your top rung on the hosting ladder, representing the industry’s highest price and performance. A dedicated server configuration gives you full root access to customize your run-time environment exactly how you see fit. This appeals to large organizations willing to invest in the most resource-rich server packages.
While dedicated servers are not the cheapest hosting service, what you get is worth the high price tag. The best providers offer custom server configurations, instant deployment, proactive monitoring, and load balancer add-ons. Some dedicated hosting providers even guarantee 100% uptime for your website. If price is on your mind, check out our favorite budget-friendly dedicated server hosting plan below.
- 24/7 uptime monitoring and private datacenter
- Up to 24 cores and 100TB bandwidth
- 12 operating systems and 3 control panels
- Custom configs built and maintained in-house
- Price-lock guarantee without contracts
- Get started on InterServer now.
Cheap Cloud Hosting for Node.js
Cloud hosting is growing in popularity for its optimal redundancy, reliability, and convenient pricing model, where customers only pay for what they use. The best providers typically offer free daily backups, ample SSD storage, and a free SSL certificate with your hosting package. Tech giants Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure are leading the way with their hosting packages that offer ample cloud storage and scalability. Still, users may find these tech giants lack hands-on support to successfully manage their web hosting endeavors.
Cloud hosting tends to have a lower starting cost, which appeals to price-minded individuals and organizations. The finely tuned control cloud hosting offers can be a challenge for less experienced developers, but with hands-on help from your hosting platform, you can get your Node.js application up and running smoothly. If customer support from one of the tech giants doesn’t cut it, you should check out some of these smaller web hosting companies that provide a hands-on approach for their customers.
- Ultimate scalability with limitless customizations
- Create and deploy servers in 60 seconds
- Easily add load balancers and firewalls
- Stellar 99.95% uptime guarantee
- Sign up today for a 30-day FREE trial
- Get started on Kamatera now.
- Choose your OS or application configuration
- Hourly or monthly billing for convenience
- Optional upgrades for cPanel, backups, and more
- Managed services, SSDs, and HDDs available
- Block and object storage, plus enterprise firewall
- Get started on Hostwinds now.
- Fault-tolerant SSD storage and up to 8GB of RAM
- FREE control panel with choice of Linux OS
- Full root access or managed servers available
- FREE live-state or scheduled snapshots
- FREE Ansible control mode for automation
- Get started on InMotion now.
What Are The Benefits of Node.js?
Netflix, Twitter, LinkedIn, and PayPal are just some of the countless organizations that use Node.js to deploy their websites and mobile apps. While there are several reasons this run-time environment appeals to so many big businesses, we’ve listed a few of the most common ones.
When it comes to business, time is money, which is even more accurate for eCommerce sites. The ideal page load time sits between zero to four seconds — but each additional second decreases your conversion rate by roughly four and a half percent. Organizations often use Node.js to improve website speed, increasing user satisfaction and conversion rates.
Business is unpredictable. Organizations constantly adjust to consumer demand, and their websites must also keep up. The Node.js environment helps companies to scale their sites by using a single thread to handle non-blocking I/O (Input/Output) calls, which frees up your web application to accept concurrent connections. The underlying Node.js architecture and load balancer capability are enormous bonuses for horizontal and vertical scalability.
3. Ease of Use
Node.js has a variety of use cases and has grown a robust community of support since its release in 2009. Developers can find help on various topics to implement Node.js for live chat, streaming, and REST API-based applications, for example. This breadth of support and utility is significant in the server environment’s sustained popularity.
While these are just some of the most popular reasons organizations use the server framework, businesses worldwide are constantly finding new use cases for Node.js. When paired with the best web hosting provider, Node.js is sure to impact your success.
Where Can I Host a Node.js App for Free?
The open-source tech community is growing, which is excellent news for developers looking for free resources and support. RedHat, known for its emphasis on open-source programming, offers a free trial for Node.js hosting on its enterprise Linux plan. If you join the RedHat Developer Program, you get access to developer resources and a community of support to build your Node.js web application. Alternatively, users can access RedHat’s OpenShift Online to launch their free Node.js application with a temporary trial period.
How Do I Install Node.js?
If you have some technical experience, installing Node.js is surprisingly easy. To get started:
- Download the latest source code or use the installer provided by your Node.js hosting provider. You can also update your existing NodeJS installation to the latest version using this tutorial.
- Follow the instructions as prompted and allow about eight minutes until the process is complete.
- If you have trouble during installation, use the vast knowledge base and community support available on the Node.js website.
Of course, before you begin the installation, you’ll need to decide which Node.js hosting platform is the one for you. You may find you’re most comfortable with tech giants, such as Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services, but perhaps you prefer the more hands-on approach of companies InMotion Hosting or Kamatera. If you’re still unsure, check out our complete reviews in each category to look beyond the buzzwords for the best cheap Node.js hosting.