Being as versatile as it is popular, the best Python hosting matches the programming language’s balance of simplicity and scalability.
Python powers Google, Mozilla, and YouTube, as well as the daily operations of NASA and the National Weather Service. Thanks to its many perks — including its broad applications and being easier to learn than other programming languages — Python has grown in popularity.
But, no matter what you’re using Python to develop, you’re going to need a robust hosting package to power your creation. Let’s take a look at the industry’s best.
Best Python Web Hosting Provider Overall
Named after the iconic British sketch comedy series “Monty Python’s Flying Circus,” which parodies the legend of King Arthur, Python stemmed from one programmer’s summer boredom in the late 1980s but now enthralls object-oriented coders around the world.
Many web hosting platforms that are well aware of the demand for Python support provide programmers Python development tools to use create web and mobile apps in support of their websites. The best Python hosts offer robust documentation and employ a team that understands the nuances of the Python language.
Support for popular Python frameworks, such as Django and Flask, is a must, and it helps with flexibility if the host is willing to install any Python modules you might require. We recently went on a quest to find hosts that are welcoming to Python users. If a large chunk of your coding is in Python, you’ll want to check out our top recommended host below.
- FREE site transfer or new site setup
- FREE daily backups, CDN, email, and SSL
- 24/7 expert support with no wait on phone or chat
- Recommended by WordPress as a top host
- Ideal for business email hosting
- Get started on SiteGround now.
Cheapest Python Hosting Provider
If you’re an individual or small business (or just looking to save some cash), you may want a Python host that offers just the right amount of support and services. This type of host is likely to offer shared or VPS hosting, as dedicated servers tend not to be on the cheap end. Even if you’re not getting all the bells and whistles, you can still find affordable Python web hosting that offers good tech support and ample documentation to make your Python-run application run the way you want it to.
Something to consider when looking into lower-cost Python hosting is whether the host has a community support network. The best answers to issues can sometimes come from the users themselves! Of course, it always helps when the host’s staff support knows the different between “spam” and “egg” as it pertains to Python coding. The hosts we chose for our top cheap Python web hosting have plenty of options to ensure that you can code in Python on the platform without hassle and get help when you need it. Click the reviews in the tables below to see all the features these affordable hosting plans have to offer.
- Unlimited everything, from storage to databases
- FREE site builder & WP performance upgrades
- FREE daily or weekly backups
- Custom control panel and auto-installation scripts
- SSH access & SSL certificates
- Get started on Hostinger now.
Best Shared Hosting Service for Python Applications
A shared hosting platform is a completely viable option for hosting a Python application. One thing to look for is what other programming languages the host supports. Python is extensible, meaning you can interface Python with libraries written in other languages, such as Java, C, and C++, and this makes for faster and more streamlined coding. Shared hosts offer control panels like Plesk and cPanel that will help you manage your Python developer tools and modules.
Some shared hosting plans come with unlimited storage and bandwidth, which is useful for Python programmers who see themselves writing many different applications or expanding existing ones. A Python host that runs devoted datacenters in multiple locations will offer the best uptime rates to support your application. One-click installation for scripts will keep you coding without hassle. You will find these features and more among our picks for best shared hosting providers.
- Known for high-performance, low-cost hosting
- FREE website builder with 1,000s of templates
- Endorsed by the WordPress.org team as a top host
- FREE SSL certificate and CDN acceleration
- Usually $7.99/mo, but our visitors pay $2.95/mo
- Get started on Bluehost now.
- An industry-leading host with competitive pricing
- Attract visitors with FREE marketing credits
- Lots of extras like SiteLock security
- Start selling with FREE ecommerce tools
- Get more than 75% off today! (usually $7.99/mo)
- Get started on iPage now.
- High-quality hosting, no matter the format
- FREE SSD storage packs 20x the performance
- FREE SSL certificate and 24/7 support
- 1-click installs for WordPress and popular CMSes
- Get started with FREE website transfer service
- Get started on InMotion Hosting now.
Best Cloud Hosting for Python
Maybe your Python application is already getting lots of hits, or maybe you just expect it to. Either way, if you want to support a lot of people sending calls to your server, a cloud hosting solution may be right for you. Python hosting in the cloud offers Python developers numerous benefits, including integration of data sources and reliability. Powerful cloud hosts allow calling a wide variety of Python libraries and enable web editing that can be picked up anywhere.
Installing Django or another Python framework on a cloud-based host should be a breeze – you don’t want to waste precious time to simply get up and running. A benefit of hosting Python applications in the cloud is that you can easily and cheaply deploy a project without worrying about configuring an OS or server setup. Deploy and scale the app in the way that you want with these first-rate choices for best cloud hosting for Python.
- Managed cloud hosting with 24/7/365 monitoring
- Choose from 5 popular cloud providers
- Auto-healing cloud servers with FREE backups
- 1-click server cloning and easy management
- Host unlimited apps with no contract lock-in
- Get started on Cloudways now.
- Choose your OS or application configuration
- Hourly or monthly billing for convenience
- Optional upgrades for cPanel, backups, and more
- Managed services, SSDs, and HDDs available
- Block and object storage, plus enterprise firewall
- Get started on Hostwinds now.
- User-friendly hosting powered by Google Cloud
- Isolated resources and integrated CloudFlare
- Built on CloudLinux with LVE containers
- Automated, daily backups and integrated caching
- Instant setup with intuitive custom control panel
- Get started on Hostinger now.
- Ultimate scalability with limitless customizations
- Create and deploy servers in 60 seconds
- Easily add load balancers and firewalls
- Stellar 99.95% uptime guarantee
- Sign up today for a 30-day FREE trial
- Get started on Kamatera now.
Best Dedicated Server Hosting for Python
A dedicated server is widely accepted in the Python community as the best option for programming in Python. Why? It provides the fewest limitations when it comes to your Python install, giving you more control, flexibility, and customization. While it’s typically more costly than other hosting options, if you’re a power user who wants to do a lot with your application, it’s a good match. You can code the way you want and make your application run optimally.
Fully managed dedicated hosting can save you time and worry. If something breaks, you won’t have to fix it yourself. Look for hosts that offer a variety of server choices with bandwidth, storage, and backup options that suit your budget. Tight security and included DDoS protection will keep your server safe from attacks and ensure the continued operation of your application. If you’ve outgrown other types of hosting, you may find what you need on this list of the best dedicated hosting for Python.
- Plesk, InterWorx, or cPanel (Linux) or Plesk (Windows)
- 100% network and power uptime guarantees
- Custom configurations and instant provisioning
- Auto-migrations, backups, and real-time monitoring
- Block/object storage and load balancer add-ons
- Get started on Liquid Web now.
- 24/7 uptime monitoring and private datacenter
- Up to 24 cores and 100TB bandwidth
- 12 operating systems and 3 control panels
- Custom configs built and maintained in-house
- Price-lock guarantee without contracts
- Get started on InterServer now.
- Root access and 3 levels of server management
- Expertly managed servers deployed instantly
- Choose from 4 datacenters across 3 continents
- FREE redundant SSD storage in RAID-1 arrays
- Choice of 13 Linux operating systems
- Get started on A2 Hosting now.
What Is Python Hosting?
Python hosting is a good choice for any website or application that’s written in the Python programming language. However, it’s worth noting that Python hosting is not suitable for every website or application. If your site or application is written in another programming language, such as PHP, Ruby, or ASP.NET, then you’ll need to choose a different type of hosting.
Can I Get Free Python Hosting?
Simply put, it’s not a good investment to opt for free Python hosting. While you may not be putting money into it, free hosting is likely to cause pain, frustration, and wasted time. Free hosting options just don’t have the capacity to support Python programmers so their applications run optimally. The server will likely be slow and unable to handle the traffic your app gets because you’re sharing it with so many other users.
Additionally, a free Python host won’t have the plugins, scripts, and modules you want to customize how you code. Installing your framework of choice won’t be straightforward, and the control panel isn’t going to have all the options you would get with a host you pay for at a reasonable cost. With all of these potential issues, support will be hard to find.
In addition to the fact that free hosting services are slow and typically outdated, oftentimes they also don’t have strong enough security. Free hosts are notorious for distributing or inadvertently exposing users’ data.
Free hosting is so limited that you’ll have to pay for the service eventually. So if you’re thinking about going the free route to save money, just don’t do it. Instead, check out some of the economically priced options we mentioned earlier.
Look for Python 3, Flask, and Django Support When Choosing Your Host
Python has only gone through three versions since its release in 1990, with the latest version released 10 years ago. While some businesses continue to use Python 2 for legacy purposes, Python 3 is gradually becoming the new standard. There are some fantastic libraries for Python 3 and the capabilities of the language continue to grow in this latest version. Eventually, some hosts may no longer support Python 2, and they will expand the offerings for Python 3. To plan for the future, opt for a host that supports Python 3 even if you’re still using Python 2.
One last thing before you go: The most common frameworks for Python are Flash and Django. You want a host that supports one or both of these frameworks. They allow for the fastest and most practical development and produce clean, readable code that will make your application run smoothly. If a host doesn’t support Flash or Django, it’s a sign that the company isn’t up to date on Python coding and won’t be able to give you the best support.
Python may have a silly version of Camelot as its namesake, but the companies we recommend take Python hosting seriously. Regardless of your budget, plenty of Python hosts can satisfy your need for great support, streamlined functionality, and ample speed.
If a significant amount of your code is in Python, we recommend you find a Python host from our list and call to talk about your precise needs. Whether it’s shared, cloud, or dedicated hosting, the Holy Grail of Python hosting is within your grasp. Be sure to visit our reviews page to see which host might be the best fit for your Python project.