As soon as you Google “domain name,” the first result that appears on your screen is the GoDaddy domain name registrar service. GoDaddy is synonymous with domain name registration. It’s the world’s largest domain registration service, with more than 76 million registered domains. People often confuse domain registration and web hosting as the same thing.
A domain registrar registers your website’s address on the web. On the other hand, a web hosting provider sells or rents server space and provides all the facilities needed to post your website on the internet securely. It makes the most sense to purchase a web hosting plan that offers a free domain name. A domain and hosting bundle is more economical, easier to manage, and less troublesome in the long run (switching service providers can be a nightmare!).
GoDaddy includes a free domain name with all annual web hosting plans. Other popular web hosting providers, including IONOS, Hostinger, and HostArmada, offer free domains with their yearly plans as well. If you are an aspiring blogger or SMB owner, you may be looking for the most economical website hosting plans to launch your website. Here are the cheapest domain and hosting plans, in order of price:
1. IONOS — $12.00 for Domain & Hosting (1 Year)
IONOS is a leading web hosting company and a HostingAdvice favorite due to its cheap web hosting plans that serve both personal and business hosting needs. The web host is particularly renowned for its shared hosting and virtual private server (VPS) hosting plans. If you are eyeing a fast, secure, and scalable, Linux-based shared hosting plan, IONOS is a fantastic option.
- $1/month for 12 months
- No hidden fees, pay just $12 at checkout
- Easy setup and 24/7 expert support
- FREE domain or transfer, plus FREE SSL certificate
- Unlimited storage and databases with most plans
- Get started on 1&1 IONOS now.
More about IONOS:
- A FREE domain name and wildcard SSL certificate.
- A 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- Super-fast full-page load times.
- A geo-redundant data storage strategy, with data mirrored in two datacenters.
IONOS’s Plus plan is perfect for personal blogs, SMBs, and mid and large-sized organizations. The Plus plan is all you need to host a website for any web project. This plan offers a free domain for one year, free domain extensions including .com, .net, .org, .us, .biz, and .info, ample subdomains, and Domain Name System (DNS) management.
The plan offers unlimited websites, storage, and databases, free professional email, daily backups and recovery, optimized CPU and MEM resources, and DDoS protection. Customers also get free and easy-to-install plugins, like WordPress, TYPO3, Joomla!, Drupal, and PrestaShop, and free 24/7 support.
2. HostGator — $33.76 for Domain & Hosting (1 Year)
HostGator is a modern web hosting service that provides its users with constant innovation across its hosting plans, tools, and services. The web hosting company hosts more than two million websites, and each of its plans includes cPanel access, a minimum of $150 in Google Ads credit, eCommerce tools to build an online store, and round-the-clock customer service.
- Host up to unlimited websites on a single plan
- FREE SSL certificate included on all plans
- Unlimited bandwidth & email addresses
- 1-click WordPress installs & FREE blog tools
- Get 67% OFF by buying 36 months upfront
- Get started on HostGator now.
More about HostGator:
- A FREE domain for one year.
- A 99% uptime guarantee.
- Advanced features include an NGINX caching layer, IPv6 support, and object caching.
- Supports programming languages such as Python, Perl, Ruby on Rails, PHP 5 and 7, CGI, and FastCGI.
The other free features included with all hosting plans are unlimited bandwidth, domain registration, an SSL certificate, and one-click installation of more than 75 popular open-source apps, such as WordPress, Magento, Joomla!, Drupal, and phpBB.
The Hatchling Plan is HostGator’s most affordable shared hosting plan and is an ideal choice for personal blogs, SMBs, and mid-sized businesses. Its features include free domain transfer, unlimited subdomains, FTP accounts, email addresses, and 24/7 server monitoring.
3. Bluehost — $35.40 for Domain & Hosting (1 Year)
Bluehost has a sterling reputation in the WordPress and shared hosting communities. Bluehost and WordPress have been working closely since 2005 to create a web hosting platform ideal for running WordPress sites. It is safe to say there is no better web hosting provider for self-managed or managed WordPress hosting. Bluehost’s shared hosting plans are superb as well.
- Cheap shared hosting from a trusted provider
- Ideal for hosting a WordPress website
- FREE Weebly website builder and Cloudflare CDN
- Unlimited traffic and 24/7 live chat support
- Get 70% off today with our Bluehost coupon
- Get started on Bluehost now.
More about Bluehost:
- FREE domain registration for one year.
- A 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- WooCommerce hosting, WordPress hosting, and special WordPress services like design, live support, and managed SEO.
- Free website migration for your WordPress website.
They provide you with all the speed, reliability, and flexibility you need to get your website online. All shared hosting plans include resource protection capabilities, automatic malware scans, automatic WordPress installation, and easy-to-follow tutorial videos for WordPress.
Bluehost’s BASIC shared hosting plan may not offer the widest array of features, but it is adequate for personal bloggers and small businesses and is one of the cheapest domain hosting plans. The BASIC plan offers a free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate for one year, sufficient SSD storage for your website, free Cloudflare CDN, server-level caching technology, automatic daily backups, SiteLock protection, custom WordPress themes, and live chat support.
4. DreamHost — $35.40 for Domain & Hosting (1 Year)
DreamHost is a global leader in web hosting and cloud computing. It hosts more than 1.5 million websites and is known for its top-notch shared website hosting plans. These plans are designed with beginners in mind and include a user-friendly interface, professional and customizable website themes, must-have plugins, and all the flexibility you need to build a killer blog, business website, or eCommerce shop!
- Automated malware scans
- Unlimited domain hosting
- Unlimited email accounts with POP/IMAP/SMTP
- FREE eCommerce store tools and PCI compliance
- Streamlined proprietary control panel
- Get started on DreamHost now.
More about DreamHost:
- FREE domain included for one year.
- An astonishing 100% uptime guarantee.
- Unlimited storage and an easy-to-use proprietary control panel.
- Instant WordPress setup with automated daily backups.
DreamHost also offers valuable resources, regular updates, and 24/7 customer service to help you extract maximum value from your shared plan. The web host’s budget-friendly Shared Starter plan provides features like unlimited traffic, fast SSD storage, a free SSL certificate, the WordPress app pre-installed, free automated WordPress migrations, and automated malware scans.
Some advanced shared hosting features include unlimited MySQL databases, full CGI access, Secure Shell (SSH) access, IPv6 support, and unlimited SFTP users. DreamHost is, without a doubt, one of the best shared hosting providers.
5. HostArmada — $35.85 for Domain & Hosting (1 Year)
Founded in late 2019, HostArmada may be a relative newcomer in the web hosting industry, but it is no stranger to delivering outstanding hosting packages at competitive prices. HostArmada is a cloud-based web host that gives you a fast, secure, and stable web hosting experience. It provides an extensive selection of hosting categories and plans suited to individuals and businesses of all sizes.
- FREE cPanel integration and Softaculous apps
- Auto daily backups and web application firewall
- Reliable and redundant cloud servers
- FREE SSL encryption and website migration
- 99.99% uptime guarantee
- Get started on HostArmada now.
More about HostArmada:
- FREE domain name registration for one year.
- A tremendous 99.99% uptime guarantee.
- Free speed optimization.
- Free access to the drag-and-drop website builder, SiteBuilder.
HostArmada’s cloud-based managed shared hosting plans are unmatched in performance and versatile in purpose. These plans are loading-speed optimized, with fast and redundant SSD storage. We recommend opting for the Start Dock plan. This is one of the best cheap web hosting plans to commence your journey.
The plan includes features such as unlimited subdomains, databases, FTP accounts, and email addresses, free SSL for all websites, website migration, web server caches, and daily backups. Customers also get a cPanel control panel and security features, including malware removal and scans and an AI-based web application firewall (WAF).
6. Hostinger — $35.88 for Domain & Hosting (1 Year)
Hostinger is a beginner-friendly and economical shared hosting provider. With more than 29 million customers, it is one of the most popular web hosts on the market. The web host’s balance between high quality and low pricing makes it stand out. If you are looking for a speedy, secure, and cheap web hosting service for a small or medium-sized website, Hostinger is a fantastic option.
- Unlimited everything, from storage to databases
- FREE site builder & WP performance upgrades
- FREE daily or weekly backups
- Custom control panel and auto-installation scripts
- SSH access & unlimited FREE SSL certificates
- Get started on Hostinger now.
More about Hostinger:
- A FREE domain for annual plans.
- An uptime promise of 99.9%.
- An AI copywriting tool, AI heatmaps, and AI SEO tools.
- Global datacenters and 24/7/365 customer support service.
Hostinger’s Single plan for shared hosting is a good choice for beginners. It includes a reasonable number of subdomains, standard performance, adequate SSD storage, a cache manager, a powerful control panel, weekly backups, and unlimited free SSL and bandwidth.
It also offers a whole host of WordPress features, a no-code website builder with AI tools, standard DDoS protection, a malware scanner, and a WAF. Hostinger’s AI features, in particular, are commendable, as they make launching a website easier.
7. A2 Hosting — $35.88 for Domain & Hosting (1 Year)
A2 Hosting is the quickest web hosting provider on the planet due to its super-fast Turbo Servers and NVMe SSDs and the preconfigured A2 Optimized Site Accelerator caching plugin. The web host’s special emphasis on speed, performance, and developer tools gives its customers an optimal hosting experience, especially for experienced users.
- FREE Cloudflare CDN and SSD speed boost
- Optimized caching and 1-click installs
- Unlimited email, domains, and databases
- Advanced security and FREE HackScan
- 24/7 support via phone, chat & tickets
- Get started on A2 Hosting now.
More about A2 Hosting:
- A guaranteed uptime of 99.9%.
- Unlimited email addresses and subdomains.
- Customized email hosting plans powered by Titan and state-of-the-art dedicated hosting plans.
- Exceptional Guru Crew customer support.
A2 Hosting’s high-speed, shared web hosting plans use top-of-the-line servers (Turbo Servers) and offer several benefits that make building a new website easy. The STARTUP plan, for example, is a cheap web hosting plan that includes a free SSL certificate, proactive protection, free website migration, multiple datacenter options, free Cloudflare CDN, reinforced DDoS protection, a virus scanner, and 24/7 network monitoring.
Unfortunately, A2 Hosting does not offer a free domain or domain name privacy. You will have to purchase a domain name separately. This is rather surprising, as most top web hosts offer this service for free.
8. GoDaddy — $35.88 for Domain & Hosting (1 Year)
The globally leading domain registrar, GoDaddy, is a reliable web host. It offers remarkable plans for shared hosting, VPS hosting, and dedicated server hosting. Rated highly by our experts, we recommend GoDaddy’s shared hosting plans to beginners, website developers, and entrepreneurs.
- Manage your domain and hosting under one roof
- Choice of cPanel or Plesk control panels
- Up to unlimited bandwidth and storage
- Microsoft 365 inboxes included FREE for first year
- Get 70% OFF by signing up today
- Get started on GoDaddy now.
More about GoDaddy:
- FREE domain registration for a one-year plan.
- A 99.9% uptime is guaranteed.
- Optimized hosting with NVMe SSDs.
- Top-notch hosting security.
The Web Hosting Starter plan is a cheap hosting plan for beginners, powered by the web host’s latest optimized server hardware. It includes a free SSL certificate, decent SSD storage space, unmetered bandwidth, daily backups, and one-click WordPress installation. It also includes one-click installation of more than 150 free applications, an industry-standard cPanel, global datacenter options, and 24/7 network security.
GoDaddy is one of the most trustworthy web hosting solutions around, and it provides sound infrastructure to launch your first website.
9. ScalaHosting — $52.35 for Domain & Hosting (1 Year)
ScalaHosting is a leading cloud VPS hosting provider that delivers excellent performance and security. With a TrustScore rating of 5.0/5.0 (as advertised on its website), ScalaHosting’s cloud shared hosting plans also pack a punch. It is one of the few web hosts that provides first-class reseller hosting plans. All this makes ScalaHosting a well-rounded web host and a solid option for various hosting services.
- 1-click install for WordPress, Drupal and 400 others
- Unlimited email accounts, databases & bandwidth
- 24/7 tech support for beginners and pros alike
- 12-month or 36-month plan at $2.95/month
- Anytime unconditional money-back guarantee
- Get started on ScalaHosting now.
More about ScalaHosting:
- A free domain name by purchasing a one-year plan.
- A 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- Free and effortless website migrations.
- 24/7 technical support.
ScalaHosting’s Mini plan is a good option for beginners but does not include a free domain. You must purchase the higher-priced Start plan to get this feature. If this is a dealbreaker for you, you should explore the other web hosting plans we have listed. That said, the Mini plan offers several noteworthy features that are worth taking a look at.
These include NVMe SSD storage, best-in-class security practices, unmetered bandwidth, free SSL certificates, a free one-click app installer for more than 400 scripts, unlimited emails and databases, and daily offsite backups. While ScalaHosting is one of the best web hosting solutions, it may not be the best option for you if you seek a free domain included in the Mini hosting plan.
10. SiteGround — $53.87 for Domain & Hosting (1 Year)
Rated highly by HostingAdvice experts, SiteGround makes a great impression with its web hosting plans. It delivers phenomenal hosting plans with ultra-fast speed, superb security, and 24/7 friendly customer support. The web hosting company hosts nearly three million domains and is built on premium Google Cloud infrastructure. Its shared web hosting plans are built for small and medium websites and businesses.
- FREE website transfer service to get started
- 99.9% uptime guarantee and unlimited traffic
- User-friendly WordPress installation
- 24/7 support featuring custom systems
- 4 caching options plus staging and Git
- Get started on SiteGround now.
More about SiteGround:
- An impressive 99.999% uptime guarantee.
- Advanced security features, including an industry-best, in-house server monitoring system.
- Several developer-friendly solutions.
- Datacenters on four continents.
The web host’s WordPress and WooCommerce hosting plans are among the best in the business as well. The StartUp plan offers numerous striking features, including unlimited subdomains and parked domains, unmetered traffic, a free SSL certificate, and a free drag-and-drop Weebly website builder. Customers also get free email accounts, free CDN services with each account, managed WordPress, and out-of-the-box caching.
The web host’s only drawback is that you will have to pay an additional fee for domain registration. While this fee will not burn a hole in your pocket, choosing a web host with a free domain name in its hosting plans makes more sense. However, if you already have a domain, SiteGround is one of your best bets!
11. InterServer — $57.51 for Domain & Hosting (1 Year)
InterServer’s feature-rich hosting plans include sturdy performance, sufficient storage, and 24/7 customer support. The hosting company best suits seasoned users who don’t mind paying extra for premium hosting options and support. It offers a standard web hosting package for personal use and to put your business online. This plan is fast, reliable, and relatively cheap.
- $0.01 first month (coupon code HOSTINGADV)
- $2.50/month after. No contracts or increases
- Unlimited storage space, data transfers, and email
- Register or transfer domains for less than $10
- 99.9% uptime and price-lock guarantee
- Get started on InterServer now.
More about InterServer:
- A 99.9% uptime guarantee.
- InterShield Security, Inter-Proxy Caching, and Inter-Insurance are fantastic add-on services.
- It runs a private datacenter.
- Guaranteed email delivery.
InterServer’s web hosting plan includes unlimited ULTRA SSD storage, more than 450 cloud applications, free website migration, free SSL certificates, and unlimited email accounts. Customers also get global content caching, a SitePad website builder subscription, and InterShield Security protection. InterShield Security is InterServer’s in-house security solution.
It offers a machine learning-based firewall, an automatic virus scanner, web attack-blocking capabilities, and much more. Inter-Insurance is also included in this plan for free. Finally, the web host’s extremely efficient control panel, DirectAdmin, makes managing your website simple. Unfortunately, you will have to purchase a domain separately with this plan.
12. InMotion Hosting — $59.47 for Domain & Hosting (1 Year)
InMotion Hosting offers rapid, scalable hosting solutions for websites around the globe. The Linux-based web host recently introduced a datacenter location in Amsterdam, Netherlands, enabling it to serve its European audience better. The hosting company offers terrific, developer-friendly shared hosting plans for small businesses.
- FREE BoldGrid site builder and templates
- FREE website, domain, and cPanel migrations
- SSD storage makes your site load up to 20x faster
- Security suite includes SSL and hack protection
- Unlimited bandwidth and email accounts
- Get started on InMotion now.
More about InMotion:
- A 99.99% uptime guarantee.
- USA and European datacenters.
- Free drag-and-drop, website-building layouts within WordPress.
- 24/7/365 customer service.
The web hosting provider’s cheapest plan, the Core plan, offers free SSL, abundant SSD storage, unlimited bandwidth, stellar speed and performance, a powerful security suite, numerous marketing tools, and several developer tools. Only USA-based datacenter options are available with this plan.
Additionally, this plan does not include free domain name registration. While InMotion Hosting offers several incredible features with its Core plan, this may put off potential customers. You will have to buy the more expensive Launch plan for a free domain (or purchase it separately).
13. Hostwinds — $80.97 for Domain & Hosting (1 Year)
The most expensive web host on our list, Hostwinds, is a modern web host that provides performant, enterprise-level web hosting plans with personal support. Hostwinds’s shared hosting plans offer exceptional quality, justifying its higher price tag.
- Unlimited SSD storage, databases, and email
- FREE site migration with cPanel and Softaculous
- Instant upgrades without downtime
- FREE around-the-clock monitoring
- Automatic nightly backups available
- Get started on Hostwinds now.
More about Hostwinds:
- FREE one-year domain name registration with shared hosting.
- An outstanding 99.999% uptime assurance.
- Free website migration.
- Easy-to-use cPanel control panel.
Thankfully, the web host offers a free domain registration service with all of its shared hosting plans, unlike many of its competitors. Hostwinds’s cheapest shared hosting package, the Basic plan, includes one domain, unlimited subdomains, databases, and email accounts. It also offers fast SSD storage, the Softaculous web-based tool for one-click app installations, free SSL certificates, the Weebly site builder, and nightly backups.
Hostwinds’s 24/7 website monitoring service and specialized team of technicians for 24/7 customer support are worth mentioning as well. Despite its high pricing, Hostwinds is a good option for shared web hosting.
Which Is the Cheapest Web Domain?
If you are contemplating a domain name and extension for your new website, the .com domain extension is generally the most expensive, as it is the most popular top-level domain (TLD) in the DNS and is associated with professionalism and seriousness. According to a recent study, domain extensions like .com, .co, .org, .us, .net, and .io are the most trustworthy TLDs.
People are more likely to remember website URLs associated with these extensions. Therefore, you should always purchase a domain with a trusted domain name extension. For competitive domain name genres, the .com extension may already be taken for your preferred domain. Pricing varies for the other domain name extensions mentioned above. That said, their popularity may factor into their pricing.
The extension .net is the second most popular TLD, followed closely by .org and .co. Some businesses opt for .net addresses if their preferred .com option is taken. Non-profit organizations typically use the .org extension. The .co extension is the preferred .com or .net alternative, often coupled with country code domain extensions.
If you are looking for a web hosting provider that offers a free domain name, you should explore the plans web hosts like IONOS, Hostinger, and HostArmada offer.
How Can I Host My Own Website for Cheap?
Hosting your own website is a rewarding yet exhaustive process. You cannot host your own website if you do not have considerable technical knowledge and experience. If you have an old Windows desktop or laptop, you can turn it into a web server by following these steps. Alternatively, if you plan on building a machine for web hosting from scratch, the Linux OS is a better option.
Follow these steps to host your website on Linux. Hosting your own website is not cheap. Your electricity bill will go through the roof, which isn’t practical in the long run. Your website will probably be victim to up to 10 times slower connections than your average web hosting provider. There are several cheap web hosting plans on the market, and we recommend choosing one of those instead.
Which Is the Fastest Hosting Provider?
A2 Hosting is the fastest web hosting provider, thanks to its lightning-quick Turbo Server infrastructure, RAID-10 NVMe SSDs, and preconfigured caching plugin. Its Turbo Servers boost your bottom line and SEO rankings, increase conversion rates, decrease your bounce rate, and can handle up to nine times more web traffic than the average web host.
- SSDs and TurboServer for 20x faster pageloads
- Host unlimited websites and FREE site transfer
- Optimized plugins and 1-click installs for WP
- Pre-installed OPcache and Memcached caching
- FREE HackScan with restore options
- Get started on A2 Hosting now.
The preconfigured A2 Optimized Site Accelerator plugin provides page-level caching for fast page loads. A2 Hosting also assures an uptime of 99.9%. Other speedy hosts include Liquid Web, with an uptime guarantee of 100%, cloud hosting solutions like Kamatera and Cloudways, and the gaming and streaming-friendly Hostinger.
Can You Get a $1 Domain Name from GoDaddy?
Yes, you can get a $1 domain name from GoDaddy. However, you are unlikely to get a $1 domain in a competitive domain niche, even if you opt for a less popular TLD. You may have to sacrifice professionalism in naming your website to land a $1 domain. Add-ons, including business email accounts and domain privacy protection, will take your bill beyond $1 regardless.
Remember, your customers are more likely to remember your website’s name if it is associated with a popular TLD like .com, .co, or .net. That said, why would you pay a fee for a domain name when you can get one for free with a hosting plan? Most credible web hosting plans offer a free domain name and several incredible features.
We urge you to be wary of shady websites that offer promotional codes and exclusive deals for cheap domain names. They may be scams.
Finding the Cheapest Domain + Hosting Plans
If you are searching for the cheapest domain + hosting plans, not many web hosting companies can match IONOS. IONOS offers the most affordable web hosting plans on the market. The Plus plan, for example, is a cheap hosting plan that is ideal for personal and business use, and it includes a free domain name, among other exceptional amenities.
There is not much to separate HostGator, Bluehost, DreamHost, HostArmada, and Hostinger. If you are interested in an unmanaged or managed WordPress hosting plan, look no further than Bluehost. It is among the best WordPress hosts, endorsed by WordPress itself. If you prioritize speed, A2 Hosting offers cheap, yet rapid web hosting services. It does not provide a free domain name though.
The world’s most trusted domain registrar, GoDaddy, is not one to be left behind. The hosting company is a solid option as well. Review each of the web hosts we have explored and purchase the best web hosting plan for your needs.
See Our Full Review of 1&1 IONOS
Whatever type of hosting plan you’re looking for, 1&1 IONOS is a solid choice no matter the scale. Our reviewer Alexandra Anderson recently took 1&1 IONOS for a spin, and rated the popular host a 4.8 in the Cheap Hosting category out of a perfect score of 5.0. Here’s what Alexandra had to say about 1&1 IONOS:
A leading web host across the board, 1&1 IONOS offers solutions to meet the needs of all customers. Following a 2018 rebrand, the company focused its priorities on customer support and transparent pricing. Thanks to dedicated personal consultants, numerous site builder options, and a variety of cloud offerings, customers can trust 1&1 IONOS for the long haul.
Before signing up for 1&1 IONOS, it’s a good idea to read through Alexandra‘s full review to learn about all the features 1&1 IONOS offers. You can also compare it to other web hosts to ensure you’re getting the best deal possible:
If you decide 1&1 IONOS is the right choice, keep in mind that it takes just minutes to deploy your 1&1 IONOS server space. And at $1.00 per month, it’s a bargain considering the many great features that come in any 1&1 IONOS plan.