Have you ever sent an email to an invalid email address? We’re all prone to typing errors; sometimes, these errors can be more costly than others. I have faced several situations of email bounce due to an invalid recipient address. While my bounced emails did not cost me dearly, a high email bounce rate could be detrimental to businesses.
According to a HubSpot study, the average hard bounce rate is lowest for the media industry at 0.3% and highest for the electronics industry at 0.9%. The industry standard is 2% or lower. If your email bounce rate exceeds 2%, you need help with your email list hygiene and should consider setting up a catch-all email address.
A catch-all email address receives all emails that are addressed to an invalid email address for a domain. As long as you have typed the correct domain name, your email will not be hard-bounced. Here are the best catch-all email address hosts for businesses.
1. A2 Hosting
A2 Hosting is one of the best catch-all email address hosts available today. You must purchase a Professional or Pro Plus email hosting plan to use the catch-all email address feature. The cheaper Professional email hosting plan offers guaranteed email uptime, POP, IMAP, and SSL support, 200 emails per hour, advanced security protection, and catch-all email.
- FREE software for webmail, newsletters, contact forms, list management, and spam filtering
- Unlimited inboxes, forwarding, and autoresponders
- Secure POP3, IMAP, and SMTP messaging
- Unlimited storage and transfer with FREE SSL
- Get more than 75% off today (was $7.99/month)
- Get started on A2 Hosting now.
You can set up a catch-all email address for your domain from the A2 Hosting Customer Portal. To configure a catch-all address, perform the following steps:
- Click on Catch-all email.
- Click on Enable catch-all mailbox.
- Enter the catch-all email address.
- Click on Set this email as catch-all.
The catch-all email address is now active. If you need help setting up your catch-all email address, you can reach out to the A2 Hosting Guru Crew Support team. They are available around the clock and offer exceptional customer support.
Hostinger’s email hosting plans are both cheap and reliable. The Business Starter email plan is ideal for small and mid-sized businesses. It includes cloud-based infrastructure, a 99.9% uptime guarantee, substantial disk and email storage space, 5000 emails per day, 50 email aliases, 10 email forwarding rules, advanced security features such as anti-spam and antivirus checks, and a catch-all email address.
Follow these steps to set up a catch-all email for Hostinger:
- Click on the Emails section.
- Click on the Manage option.
- Select the Forwarders option on the left sidebar.
- Click on Create catch-all.
- A pop-up will appear on your screen. Select the catch-all mailbox to forward emails to and click on Create.
- Log into the destination mailbox and click on the verification link to confirm your choice.
Setting up a catch-all email for the Hostinger Business Starter plan is not as straightforward as A2 Hosting’s customer portal. Nevertheless, Hostinger is among the market’s best catch-all email address hosts.
IONOS is an email hosting provider that offers solutions tailored to your needs. The email hosting solution’s Mail Basic 1 plan is among the cheapest in the industry and has several impressive features. As a Mail Basic 1 user, you can enjoy the benefits of ad-free email, a spam filter, Webmail, 24/7 expert support, a mailbox capacity of approximately 10,000 emails, and a catch-all email.
- Business email with a personal consultant
- Choice of IONOS mail, Microsoft 365, or Google Workspace mailboxes
- FREE domain or transfer included
- Create up to 500 email accounts
- Premium tools for email marketing available
- Get started on 1&1 IONOS now.
Log in at IONOS to conveniently set up a catch-all email address.
- Once logged in, click Add email account.
- Enter your catch-all email address like this: *@yourdomain.com.
- Enter a password.
- Click Add.
If you need help setting up your catch-all email address account, feel free to contact the IONOS support team.
ScalaHosting offers four reasonably-priced business email hosting plans. As advertised on the ScalaHosting website, the email hosting provider is top-rated on TrustPilot.
The cheapest business email hosting account plan on ScalaHosting, the StartUp plan, offers standard inbox deliverability and security, substantial email storage, 10 email accounts, SMTP, IMAP, and POP3 support, advanced SPAM protection, daily offsite backups, and catch-all email. Other features include SSL certificates and free, streamlined migration with no downtime experienced.
- 1-click install for WordPress, Drupal and 400 others
- Unlimited email accounts, databases & bandwidth
- 24/7 tech support for beginners and pros alike
- 12-month or 36-month plan at $2.95/month
- Anytime unconditional money-back guarantee
- Get started on ScalaHosting now.
You can easily set up a ScalaHosting catch-all email address in SPanel by performing these steps:
- Log into the user interface and click on Email Accounts.
- Enter a new catch-all email address and set a password. Click on Create Email to proceed.
- Go back to the home page and click on Default Address.
- Select the correct domain name from the options on your screen, click Forward to Email Address, and enter the forwarding catch-all email address in the field.
- Click on Change Address to finalize your changes.
If we consider ScalaHosting’s all-around email hosting package, it is one of the best catch-all email address hosts.
The final catch-all email address host on our list is SiteGround. SiteGround is a premium web hosting provider. However, the web hosting service does not offer a dedicated email hosting plan. Each SiteGround hosting plan (under Web Hosting, Managed WordPress Hosting, WooCommerce Hosting, Cloud Hosting, and Reseller Hosting) includes unlimited email addresses for your domain.
- Unlimited email hosting at your domain
- Compatible with multiple webmail and email clients
- Secure email protocols and anti-spam solutions
- Easy oversight via cPanel and FREE site builder
- Ideal for business email hosting with 99.9% uptime
- Get started on SiteGround now.
Setting up a SiteGround catch-all email address is fairly simple.
- Log in to Site Tools and click Email.
- Select Forwarders and click Manage Rules.
- Open the hamburger menu and select DEFAULT record.
- Once there, click Forward and enter your catch-all email address.
If you are looking for a web hosting provider with reasonable email hosting features, SiteGround is your best bet.
What Is a Catch-All Email Address?
A catch-all email address is a regular email address that ensures all emails addressed to the wrong recipient for a domain are received. This prevents the loss of important email messages. Of course, if the catch-all address account’s inbox is full or the email is too large, a soft email bounce may occur. It should be noted that the sender must type the right domain name for a catch-all email address to receive the message.
For example, let’s say you have three specific addresses for xyz.com: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com. You can set up firstname.lastname@example.org (or either of the other email addresses) as your catch-all email address. An email sent to email@example.com or any other invalid email address will be received by firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Should I Name My Catch-All Email?
As detailed in the above section, you could set up an existing email address as your catch-all email account. No naming restrictions exist if you want to create a new catch-all email account. That said, you should always name a business email address professionally.
Please keep in mind that a catch-all email address can be redirected to a single email address only. Keep the login details of this email address handy, and check your inbox regularly. Never click on emails and links within emails that seem spammy to avoid phishing attempts.
Is a Catch-All Email a Good Idea?
Also known as a wildcard email address, yes, a catch-all email account is a good idea. That said, sometimes the cons outweigh the pros.
Here are the pros and cons of catch-all email aliases:
Catch-all email addresses are a valuable business tool when used correctly. But of course, you must take the time to manage the account well and avoid falling for phishing attempts.
What Features Do I Need for Email Hosting?
Here are the features you need for email hosting:
- A custom domain
- Robust security features to protect against spammers and malicious actors
- Sufficient mailbox storage
- Integrated team features such as chat and conferencing.
- Bonus productivity and everyday integration tools
- Flexible sending limits
- Catch-all email address support
- Good customer support
89% of businesses use email as their primary source for gaining leads. If you want to make an impact online, a good email hosting solution is an important initial investment. The best email hosting providers on the market today offer the listed features and much more.
Choosing a Catch-All Email Address Host
Setting up a catch-all email address is a good idea, but you must take certain precautions to ensure safety from spammers and their unsolicited emails. Each of the five listed catch-all email address hosts is an appealing choice. You must choose the email hosting provider that is best for you.
In our opinion, A2 Hosting, Hostinger, and ScalaHosting are the best catch-all email address hosts. If you are looking for a web hosting provider with email hosting capabilities, SiteGround is an attractive proposition. Conduct detailed research and make sure you read customer reviews that explore the pros and cons of these products before purchasing one.
See Our Full Review of A2 Hosting
Whatever type of hosting plan you’re looking for, A2 Hosting is a solid choice no matter the scale. Our reviewer Alexandra Anderson recently took A2 Hosting for a spin, and rated the popular host a 4.9 in the Email Hosting category out of a perfect score of 5.0. Here’s what Alexandra had to say about A2 Hosting:
With an emphasis on performance and an eye for detail, A2 Hosting largely avoids the typical shortcomings of many web hosts out there. The independently owned company balances high-powered infrastructure and developer tools with equally responsive customer support teams, giving experienced customers a highly optimized hosting experience.
Before signing up for A2 Hosting, it’s a good idea to read through Alexandra‘s full review to learn about all the features A2 Hosting offers. You can also compare it to other web hosts to ensure you’re getting the best deal possible:
If you decide A2 Hosting is the right choice, keep in mind that it takes just minutes to deploy your A2 Hosting server space. And at $2.99 per month, it’s a bargain considering the many great features that come in any A2 Hosting plan.