Far too often, I sign up for yearlong subscriptions thanks to the allure of cheaper overall pricing. I’ve adjusted that mindset, however, and now have a policy where I never commit to any long-term subscriptions unless after a free trial.
Web hosts, in particular, have a reputation for getting customers to subscribe to multiple years of web hosting services. I’ve also found that many hosting companies try to grab customers without even a glimpse of their dashboard. It shouldn’t be that way. Every web hosting company should offer a free trial. Otherwise, site owners get stuck with their finished sites on a web host they may not want.
Luckily, I have a Hostinger free trial to offer you. This way, you can test if the Hostinger dashboard fits into your workflow long before you build your website or commit to a lengthy billing plan.
How to Start Your Hostinger Free Trial
Hostinger provides a few rarities in the hosting world: a free trial, a free hosting plan, and a free demo of its dashboard.
For the full Hostinger experience, we recommend the free trial, which involves signing up for a paid hosting plan with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Here’s how to get the trial:
- Go to the Hostinger website and select a hosting plan. Options include the Single, Premium, Business, and Cloud Startup hosting plans.
- Select a hosting period commitment ranging from 1 month to 48 months.
- Create an account and make your first payment. Remember, Hostinger has a 30-day money-back guarantee that functions like a free trial. Contact Hostinger within those 30 days if you’re unhappy with the service.
Alternatively, Hostinger offers a limited, free hosting plan through 000webhost, where you get a free subdomain and a demo of its hPanel dashboard. The demo doesn’t provide you with your own account but a throwaway dashboard for testing the user interface.
- 24/7/365 ticket and live chat support
- 99.9% network uptime guarantee
- FREE domain, site builder, backups, and SSL certificate
- Unlimited bandwidth, databases, and email accounts
- Speedy SSDs optimize performance
- Get started on Hostinger now.
Credit card required: Yes
Note that Hostinger doesn’t require a card for the free hosting account or dashboard demo.
The Hostinger free trial comes packed with features and benefits for many business types. Whether you’re selling sporting equipment online or building a law practice website, Hostinger has hosting plans for you.
Here are our favorite offerings from the Hostinger free trial:
- Unparalleled speeds: Thanks to its global datacenters, server-level caching, and optional CDN (Content Delivery Network), Hostinger ensures your website loads quickly. The SSD storage and unlimited bandwidth help, too.
- Industry-leading uptime: Hostinger boasts a 99.9% uptime guarantee, ensuring your website remains live when you need it most.
- Automated backups and updates: Put your website on auto-pilot by eliminating the need to update WordPress. Hostinger also provides weekly backups for restoring old versions of your site.
- High-grade security: From a free SSL certificate to malware scanning and protected nameservers to a web application firewall, Hostinger solidifies your website from every angle.
- Features for advanced users: The powerful control panel provides GIT access for handling repositories. Hostinger also has a cache manager, DNS (Domain Name System) management, and the pick of your preferred PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) version.
- Customer support at all times: The 24/7 customer support from Hostinger comes in several forms, including live chat, email, and an in-depth knowledge base.
- Excellent design potential: Use the no-code Hostinger website builder to create anything from a multi-product online store to a small business website, all while using hundreds of designer-crafted templates.
Not only do you receive the features listed above, but the Hostinger free trial gives you a budget-friendly way to host your website. Plans start at just a few dollars per month and are backed by a money-back guarantee.
Other Hosts With Free Trials
The beauty of a free trial is that you can try several of them and pick your favorite host. Alongside the Hostinger free trial, hosts such as Kamatera, Wix, and Cloudways offer varying levels of free trials.
For instance, Kamatera has a 30-day free trial but requires a credit card. Wix’s free trial lasts 14 days, and you must also type in a credit card number. Cloudways, however, allows a 3-day free trial run without submitting a credit card. Let’s explore the options below.
- 30-day free trial on all cloud products
- User-friendly custom management portal
- Instant scalability and server adjustments
- Choose from roughly 60 operating systems
- All-SSD cloud VPS infrastructure
- Get started on Kamatera now.
Credit Card Required: Yes
Kamatera’s free trial lasts for 30 days and enables you to create a hosting server on virtually every continent. The host provides a simplified, affordable version of cloud hosting so all businesses can access its powerful features. The unmatched customization from Kamatera delivers options to pick between various server types, including Ubuntu, Windows VPS, and FreeBSD.
Here’s how you get the Kamatera free trial:
- Navigate to the Kamatera website, and choose the Start Your Free Trial button.
- Fill in the form with your email address and a password. Click Create Free Account.
- Continue to enjoy 30 days of the Kamatera dashboard for free.
Users receive all the Kamatera platform’s features with the free trial. During the trial, you can reach customer support 24/7 through live chat, phone, and email.
- Choose your cloud provider, application, and server location
- Easily scale server size, bandwidth, and storage
- Launch WordPress or Magento with a single click
- FREE CDN, managed backups, and staging areas
- Get 25% OFF first 3 months with promo code HOSTINGADVICE
- Get started on Cloudways now.
Credit Card Required: No
Cloudways provides powerful managed hosting with a 3-day free trial. One of the distinct advantages of Cloudways is its budget-friendly solutions for running a high-speed app or website on a cloud server.
You choose from the fastest hosting infrastructures in the world, such as AWS (Amazon Web Services), Google Cloud, and Digital Ocean. Cloudways acts as an intermediary, simplifying the cloud hosting process with a user-friendly dashboard. It also supports managed WordPress hosting.
Here’s how to access the free trial from Cloudways:
- Go to the Cloudways website and click on the Start Free button.
- Create an account (with an email account and password), and agree to the terms and conditions. Click the Start Free button.
- Pick a cloud hosting service, content management system, server location, and server size. Click Launch to manage your site.
The 3-day free trial ends with prompts to type in your credit card. You can simply ignore them or pick a pricing plan that fits your business and budget.
- FREE signup with email or Facebook
- Drag-and-drop designing is super easy
- 1-year domain free with most plans
- Up to $300-worth of ad credits
- Access to 1,000s of templates and additional tools in the App Market
- Get started on Wix now.
Credit Card Required: Yes
Wix allows users free access to its dashboard and website builder for as long as they’d like, but to publish your site with a custom domain, you must sign up for a paid plan. After that, the 14-day money-back guarantee goes into effect, which functions as your trial period.
Follow these steps to get the Wix free trial:
- Visit the Wix website, and click Get Started.
- Sign up for a free Wix account. Click the Sign Up button. This opens the dashboard for testing, but not a live site.
- Follow the welcome guide that leads to the dashboard.
- To start the 14-day trial with a money-back guarantee, click the Upgrade button.
- Click Select next to the plan you want. Sign up and pay for that package.
This unlocks the full functionality of Wix, allowing you to publish a website. If you’re unsatisfied, contact Wix for your money back within 14 days.
What Does Hostinger Do?
Hostinger sells website hosting for small, medium, and large businesses. The hosting packages offer various features for launching websites, including a no-code site builder, domain purchasing, and eCommerce tools.
One feature that makes Hostinger unique is its one-click managed WordPress hosting. Hostinger also manages WordPress updates, acceleration, and even migrations.
The simplest shared hosting plan from Hostinger serves small to medium-sized businesses with speedy and reliable hosting, an intuitive free website builder, and extras like eCommerce optimization and weekly backups.
How Do I Get Hostinger for Free?
To get a complete, publishable Hostinger site with free web hosting, you must go to the Hostinger website and sign up for a premium shared hosting plan. A 30-day money-back guarantee comes with your premium plan, and you can redeem a Hostinger coupon while checking out.
Hostinger provides other ways to access the hosting platform for free, but with those methods, you’re unable to publish. A free hPanel demo, for instance, is available by signing up for the Hostinger newsletter on its website.
Finally, Hostinger powers a free web hosting service called 000webhost, which offers a limited free domain to host a site without a credit card or trial period.
How Do I Get a 100% Free Domain Name?
The easiest way to get a 100% free domain name is by signing up for a paid plan from a web hosting provider like Hostinger. Many hosts give out free domain names to paying customers, at least temporarily.
As an example, all Hostinger users with the Premium, Business, and Cloud Startup plans receive a Hostinger coupon to register a free domain. That domain name remains free for one year. Paid hosting plans also typically come with unlimited free subdomains.
Alternatively, you can sign up for a free hosting plan that offers a subdomain at no extra cost. The only downside to using a free subdomain is you can’t customize your entire URL, which may be a dealbreaker for businesses.
Which Is Cheaper: Hostinger or HostGator?
When comparing Hostinger vs. HostGator, our Hostinger review showed lower pricing next to similar plans at HostGator. Hostinger’s Single and Premium plans consistently remain cheaper than HostGator’s Hatchling plan.
- Unlimited everything, from storage to databases
- FREE site builder & WP performance upgrades
- FREE daily or weekly backups
- Custom control panel and auto-installation scripts
- SSH access & unlimited FREE SSL certificates
- Get started on Hostinger now.
We can say the same about its higher-tiered plans: Hostinger’s Business plan has a lower starting price than the Business plan from HostGator. Regardless, both web hosts offer affordable plans with plenty of useful features for their price.
My Final Thoughts on the Hostinger Free Trial
Hostinger covers all aspects of what one would expect from a web hosting free trial. It has a generous money-back guarantee and other testing options, such as a free hosting plan and dashboard demo.
Remember, free trials from a web hosting provider are hard to find, so take advantage of them when you’re building a new website. Experiment with free trials from Hostinger web hosting, Wix, Kamatera, and Cloudways to determine what works best for your business.
See Our Full Review of Hostinger
Whatever type of hosting plan you’re looking for, Hostinger is a solid choice no matter the scale. Our reviewer Laura Bernheim recently took Hostinger for a spin, and rated the popular host a 4.8 in the Best Overall Hosting category out of a perfect score of 5.0. Here’s what Laura had to say about Hostinger:
A champion of affordable hosting, Hostinger is a popular pick for site owners looking for beginner-friendly shared servers. More than 29 million customers call Hostinger home as they scale websites through site builder, VPS, and WordPress hosting plans. When searching for a new plan, Hostinger is among the best at balancing high quality with low prices.
Before signing up for Hostinger, it’s a good idea to read through Laura‘s full review to learn about all the features Hostinger offers. You can also compare it to other web hosts to ensure you’re getting the best deal possible:
If you decide Hostinger is the right choice, keep in mind that it takes just minutes to deploy your Hostinger server space. And at $1.99 per month, it’s a bargain considering the many great features that come in any Hostinger plan.