The cheapest dedicated server hosts allow you to avoid sticker shock by locking in the lowest rates on long-term contracts for single-tenant hardware. Dedicated servers are available on managed or unmanaged platforms where clients are allocated a rack-mount unit in a datacenter.
Here, we’ll review the most important features to look for when purchasing dedicated server plans. We recommend the cheapest dedicated server hosts in order to get the most value for your money when purchasing long-term plans.
Cheapest Dedicated Server Hosts
Datacenter hardware is now priced at commodity rates as cloud service providers compete to gain market share and distinguish their brands. This makes it easy to evaluate between service providers on the basis of the number of CPU cores, RAM, SSD/HDD storage, and monthly bandwidth allocation on hardware.
Other factors to consider are the benchmarks for the Intel or AMD server CPU model offered and the benefits of managed vs. unmanaged hardware.On the basis of these factors, our top choices for the cheapest dedicated server plans are:
- 24/7 uptime monitoring and private datacenter
- Up to 24 cores and 100TB bandwidth
- 12 operating systems and 3 control panels
- Custom configs built and maintained in-house
- Price-lock guarantee without contracts
- Get started on InterServer now.
InterServer has one of the cheapest dedicated server plans in the industry starting at $49 per month. This plan includes a single quad-core Xeon E3-1230 CPU with 2 TB of HDD storage. The server runs on CentOS 7 with a managed environment provided by InterServer technical engineers which include regular security upgrades.
You get a choice of control panel licenses that include Webuzo for free. The plan bills monthly without a multi-year contract.
- Price of Cheapest Dedicated Server Plan: $49.99 per month (1-month plan)
- Configuration: 4 CPU Cores, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB HDD, + 150 TB bandwidth
- Platform: Managed with CentOS 7, IPMI Console, and DDOS Protection
You can get 6 to 12 CPU cores on dedicated hardware at prices around $99 per month depending on whether you require the extra cost of SSD storage options.
InterServer offers the choice between Intel Xeon and AMD Ryzen or EPYC servers with the exact specifications guaranteed, so you can reference the benchmark specs on hardware in advance.
In addition to the free Webuzo control panel and no requirement to sign up for a long-term deal, InterServer dedicated servers are easy to manage and cheap to provision for cloud software in production. Consider InterServer our top recommendation for a cheap dedicated hosting plan.
- Instant provisioning for all Bluehost server plans
- Minimum 3 dedicated IP addresses
- Modern hardware, built and maintained in house
- 24/7 expedited support from a dedicated team
- Sign up to save 0% on your first term
- Get started on Bluehost now.
At Bluehost, you need to commit to a 36-month contract to get the cheapest prices on dedicated server hosting.
The Standard plan includes a quad-core CPU with 2.3 GHz speed, 4 GB RAM, and 1 TB of HDD storage on two 500 GB hard drives for $79.99 per month.
The costs include cPanel, WHM, and a fully managed service environment over time. You get a free domain for the first year and SSL certificates issued for every domain.
- Price of Cheapest Dedicated Server Plan: $79.99 per month (36-month plan)
- Configuration: 4 CPU Cores, 4 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, + 5 TB bandwidth
- Platform: Optimized for WordPress and WooCommerce; licensed cPanel/WHM
With Bluehost, the dedicated server hardware is fully managed and operates with cPanel to support unlimited domain names. You can use familiar tools like MySQL Wizard and Softaculous to deploy LAMP scripts on the server with free tools for WordPress.
The Bluehost dedicated server plans are perfect for WooCommerce store requirements, and you can easily scale to higher configurations on the platform if you need more processing, RAM, or storage.
- Linux or Windows servers available
- HDD or SSD storage plus unmetered bandwidth
- Fully redundant network and datacenter
- SSH access and support for multiple languages
- Managed or semi-managed solutions
- Get started on HostGator now.
The Value Server plan at HostGator includes an Intel Xeon quad-core CPU with 8 threads, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD storage, and unlimited bandwidth for $89.98 p/mo on a 36-month contract. The comparable cost for the same hardware on a 1-month dedicated server plan is $159.99.
- Price of Cheapest Dedicated Server Plan: $89.98 p/mo (36-month plan)
- Configuration: 4 CPU, 8 GB RAM, I TB HDD, + Unmetered Bandwidth
There are options to choose either CentOS with licensed cPanel or Windows with Plesk for the operating system and control panel at HostGator on a plan that is packed with bonus offers.
- Root access and 3 levels of server management
- Expertly managed servers deployed instantly
- Choose from 4 datacenters across 3 continents
- FREE redundant SSD storage in RAID-1 arrays
- Choice of 13 Linux operating systems
- Get started on A2 Hosting now.
A2 Hosting has both managed and unmanaged dedicated server plans available at prices starting at $99.99 per month on a two-year plan.
The hardware on the cheapest unmanaged plan includes a quad-core Intel Xeon E-224 4.6 GHz Turbo CPU, where there are also options for AMD Rome 2nd Gen EPYC 7232 3.2 GHz Turbo CPUs priced as low as $219.99 per month.
These servers have 8 cores with 16 threads and 64 GB of RAM compared to 4 threads and 16 GB RAM on the quad-core Hyper 1 plan. Managed services start at $60 more per month.
- Price of Cheapest Dedicated Server Plan: $99.99 per month (24-month plan)
- Configuration: 4 CPU Cores, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB HDD, + 6 TB bandwidth
- Platform: Managed and Unmanaged Options with International Datacenters
Although most users will prefer to use the managed platform with cPanel for their dedicated server requirements, the cheapest dedicated server prices are found on the unmanaged plans offered by A2 Hosting.
These include free use of the Webuzo administration panel which supports multiple operating system installations as well as options for Apache and NGINX. Webuzo allows you to install security updates for your web software or new platform releases.
- FREE server management and security updates
- 1-on-1 time with a server administrator
- 99.999% uptime via Smart Routing™ technology
- Tier 1 network with redundant bandwidth
- Up to 44% OFF for HostingAdvice readers
- Get started on InMotion now.
The most affordable dedicated server plan at InMotion Hosting is the Essential plan that includes a quad-core Intel Xeon E3-1246 v3 CPU.
With the base configuration, you receive 16 GB of RAM, 1 TB of SSD storage, and 15 TB of monthly bandwidth for $99.99 per month.
Higher-performance options include Intel Dual Xeon Silver 4214 CPUs with up to 1 TB RAM at $539.99 per month.
- Price of Cheapest Dedicated Server Plan: $99.99 per month (12-month plan)
- Configuration: 4 CPU Cores, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, + 15 TB bandwidth
- Platform: Fully-Managed with cPanel/WHM license for unlimited domains
The main advantage of InMotion Hosting dedicated servers are the fully-managed datacenter services which include platform security upgrades to the OS, database, and cPanel installation.
The availability of cPanel makes it easy to manage unlimited domains for clients or ecommerce at InMotion Hosting on LAMP. You get a free SSL certificate for every domain as well as an option for Softaculous at $5 extra, Launch Assist, and automated backups for hosted code.
Other Low-Cost Dedicated Server Hosting Packages
There is always major competition in the web hosting industry for dedicated server hosting, and the brands listed below compare favorably with our top five choices listed above.
The main difference is higher prices on introductory deals. Other factors include the managed or unmanaged services provided in the complete package for the dedicated server plan.
We placed a priority on high-performance and low-cost when screening the “best of the rest” dedicated server hosting providers.
You won’t find any lack of quality or resources with most of the major web hosting brands, but be cautious when committing to a long-term plan if you haven’t previously used the company’s hosting platform services before.
Choose a 1-month deal for testing a managed or unmanaged dedicated server without a bundle paid upfront.
- Highly configurable servers with a choice between Windows or Linux
- Fully managed support and nightly backups
- SAS Type II and Tier 4 datacenters
- 99.999% uptime guarantee and DDoS protection
- 1-hour hardware replacement
- Get started on Hostwinds now.
The server runs on a licensed version of CentOS 7 with a full-managed environment that includes nightly backups. Customers of Hostwinds have options for multiple datacenters internationally. Hostwinds offers a power control panel in the client area that is used for admin.
- Price of Cheapest Dedicated Server Plan: $106 per month (1-month plan)
- Configuration: 4 CPU Cores, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, + 10 TB bandwidth
- Platform: CentOS 7, IPMI access, VNC KVM controls, and ISO mounting
Higher-performance servers at Hostwinds run 2 x Intel Xeon E5-2620 v3 CPUs with custom configurations for HDD/SDD, RAM, and bandwidth priced affordable. You can order 1 TB of SSD on any dedicated server plan for $30 per month at Hostwinds.
Dedicated IP addresses for multi-domain publishers are available at a cost of $1 each per month. There are also options for Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu, and Windows for the operating system.
Hostwinds provides a quick set-up for custom configurations with your choice of OS at low prices for high-performance.
- Plesk, InterWorx, or cPanel (Linux) or Plesk (Windows)
- 100% network and power uptime guarantees
- Custom configurations and instant provisioning
- Auto-migrations, backups, and real-time monitoring
- Block/object storage and load balancer add-ons
- Get started on Liquid Web now.
Liquid Web has a special introductory offer on its quad-core Intel Xeon 1230v6 dedicated servers with 16 GB of RAM and two 240 GB SSD storage disks.
The price is $149 p/mo with 5 TB bandwidth and a cPanel license. A fully-managed upgrade is an extra $20 per month.
- Price of Cheapest Dedicated Server Plan: $149 p/mo (12-month plan)
- Configuration: 4 CPU, 16 GB RAM, 480 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD, + 5 TB bandwidth
The cheapest Liquid Web dedicated server also comes with an extra 1 TB in HDD storage and 250 GB of backup capacity, plus Proactive Sonar Monitoring and ServerSecure hardening.
- Enjoy total control via b and CentOS
- Managed services, updates & 24/7 support
- Extensive security and mirrored storage
- Save 20% your first month by ordering today
- More discounts available with long-term plans
- Get started on iPage now.
The Startup plan at iPage includes a dual-core server with 4 GB of RAM, 500 GB storage, and 5 TB monthly bandwidth.
You get licensed cPanel and CentOS 7 with 3 dedicated IP addresses and a free domain for $119.99 p/mo. You can discount to $103.99 p/mo on a 2-year contract.
- Price of Cheapest Dedicated Server Plan: $103.99 p/mo (24-month plan)
- Configuration: 2 CPU, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, + 5 TB bandwidth
Utilize the licensed cPanel and WHM combination to host unlimited domain names on a dedicated server at iPage. The company will manage the server to apply security updates.
- Modern hardware optimized for top-notch performance
- cPanel, SSH access, and 24/7 proactive uptime monitoring
- 5 FREE IPs and Softaculous autoinstaller
- Cloudflare CDN and iptables firewall
- Full management and 24/7 VIP support
- Get started on SiteGround now.
SiteGround operates a fully-managed cloud server platform that is different from most physically isolated dedicated servers in that it is based on virtualization. The Jump Start plan costs $100 per month with 4 CPU cores, 8 GB RAM, 40 GB SSD storage, and 5 TB monthly bandwidth.
- Price of Cheapest Dedicated Server Plan: $100 p/mo (1-month plan)
- Configuration: 4 CPU, 8 GB RAM, 40 GB SSD, + 5 TB bandwidth
The advantage of the SiteGround cloud servers is that they run the same optimized software stack that is built for high-traffic ecommerce stores and CMS publishing with WordPress.
- Up to 12 cores available
- Full root and shell access
- DDoS protection and 24/7 server monitoring
- Fully managed and customizable hardware options
- RAID-1 HDD or SSD storage
- Get started on DreamHost now.
Fully-managed dedicated server hosting starts at $149 per month at DreamHost on its Standard plan with one Intel Xeon quad-core CPU with 8-thread support, 4 GB of RAM, 1 TB HDD storage, and 100% network uptime guarantees. The servers run on LAMP with Ubuntu.
- Price of Cheapest Dedicated Server Plan: $149 p/mo (1-month plan)
- Configuration: 4 CPU, 4 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, + Unmetered Bandwidth
DreamHost has made developer support a priority on its dedicated server plans, with PHP, MySQL, Node.js, Ruby, and other extensions pre-installed with managed platform security.
- Server hardening upon deployment
- FREE inbound bandwidth
- FREE 10GB of cloud storage
- 24/7 on-premises support
- 99.999% uptime guarantee with monitoring and alerts
- Get started on Hivelocity now.
Hivelocity delivers a unique dedicated server package and offers numerous pre-configured bundles that can be tailored to a business’s needs. The value proposition is clear: instantaneous deployment.
Hivelocity’s dedicated servers only take minutes to go online, and come complete with robust storage, bandwidth, and memory.
- Price of Cheapest Dedicated Server Plan: $109 p/mo
- Configuration: 6 CPU Cores, 240 GB SSD, Instant Deploy
Windows or Linux servers are available, and users are granted full root access to control and customize their servers as necessary.
- Your choice of fully, semi-, or self-managed service
- Multi-core CPUs, 128GB RAM, and 1TB SSDs
- Scale up instantly from VPS hosting
- 99.99% network, hardware, and infrastructure uptime guarantee
- Choice of Linux OS with optional cPanel or Plesk
- Get started on Media Temple now.
Media Temple is another company that has led the transition from traditional dedicated server hardware to virtualization-driven platforms. Media Temple’s main options for dedicated servers with a guaranteed single-tenant environment are the DV Developer and DV Managed plans.
- Price of Cheapest Dedicated Server Plan: $110 p/mo (1-month plan)
- Configuration: 8 vCPU, 16 GB RAM, 400 GB SSD, + Unlimited Bandwidth
Both of the DV options function as a cloud VPS plan with guarantees for single-tenant use of the hardware. These plans need to be ordered through customer support and prices may vary.
- Dedicated resources provisioned in minutes
- Maximum performance and data protection with RAID-1 disk mirroring
- Admin control via root access, cPanel, or Plesk
- Choose from semi- or fully managed services
- Get 45% off of your first term
- Get started on GoDaddy now.
GoDaddy has maintained a traditional line of dedicated servers which start at $129.99 p/mo. The base configuration includes a dedicated quad-core Intel Xeon-D 2123IT 3.0 GHz Turbo server with 32 GB RAM and two 4 TB HDD storage drives for a total of 8 TB RAID-1 storage.
- Price of Cheapest Dedicated Server Plan: $129.99 p/mo (24-month plan)
- Configuration: 4 CPU, 32 GB RAM, 8 TB HDD, + Unmetered Bandwidth
The GoDaddy dedicated server platform is bare metal with root administration to the kernel level and options for Linux or Windows OS. Plesk and cPanel are available for ease of use.
NameCheap currently offers one of the best deals in the industry with its $56.88 Entry Level plan that is based on a quad-core Intel Xeon E-2234 3.4 GHzserver with 16 GB RAM and 480 GB SSD storage.
The NameCheap package includes 100 TB p/mo in bandwidth allocation.
- Price of Cheapest Dedicated Server Plan: $56.88 p/mo (24-month plan)
- Configuration: 4 CPU, 16 GB RAM, 480 GB SSD, + 100 TB bandwidth
NameCheap dedicated servers are managed with OS options for Debian, Ubuntu, and CentOS. cPanel is not supported on CentOS 8, although it is also made available to install if required.
- Fully managed servers
- RAID 1 mirrored storage for data protection
- Cloud-based flexibility and scalability
- Predictable monthly costs with no overage charges
- 3 dedicated IP addresses per plan
- Get started on FatCow now.
FatCow is a budget host with cheap dedicated server plans suitable for small businesses and niche publishers. A dedicated server with 2 CPU cores, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB storage, and 5 TB monthly bandwidth is $119.99 p/mo on the Startup plan which includes a free SSL certificate.
- Price of Cheapest Dedicated Server Plan: $103.99 p/mo (24-month plan)
- Configuration: 2 CPU, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, + 5 TB bandwidth
The benchmarks for FatCow servers are based on the Intel Xeon E3 1220LV2 3.5 GHz CPU. The total cost can be reduced to $103.99 p/mo with a 24-month plan including a cPanel license.
- Fully-managed hosting plans with instant provisioning
- Instant provisioning with root access and cPanel
- Mirrored storage with automatic RAID-1 protection
- Enhanced write-back caching with its own RAM
- Dedicated support team available 24/7
- Get started on JustHost now.
JustHost is one of the cheapest hosting providers for dedicated server plans, with their Standard configuration priced at only $79.99 p/mo. The discounted 36-month plan includes a quad-core Intel Xeon processor with 4 GB RAM, 500 GB storage, and 5 TB monthly bandwidth.
- Price of Cheapest Dedicated Server Plan: $79.99 p/mo (36-month plan)
- Configuration: 16 CPU, 64 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD, + 1 TB bandwidth
At JustHost, you also get three dedicated IP addresses and a free domain name on sign-up. It makes sense to lock into long-term contracts to secure the lowest prices on hardware.
OVHcloud takes an innovative approach to dedicated server hosting, with Rise plans starting at $60 per month.
The hardware includes a quad-core Intel Xeon E3-1230v6 (3.5-3.9 GHz), 32 GB RAM, and two 2 TB HDD storage drives for a total of 4 TB with 500 MB monthly bandwidth.
- Price of Cheapest Dedicated Server Plan: $60 p/mo (12-month plan)
- Configuration: 4 CPU, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB HDD, + 500 MB bandwidth
OVHcloud is one of the best solutions for elite configurations of RAM and storage at budget prices on a dedicated server plan, although managed services are priced higher than Rise-1.
Leaseweb is an insider cloud exchange where you can get some of the cheapest prices in the world for dedicated server hardware across multiple datacenters.
The lowest price is currently $37.34 a month for an Intel Quad-Core Xeon E3-1230 3.20 GHz server that is instantly delivered.
- Price of Cheapest Dedicated Server Plan: $38.49 p/mo (12-month plan)
- Configuration: 4 CPU, 8 GB RAM, 2 TB HDD, + 1 TB bandwidth
The cheapest Leaseweb dedicated server includes 8 GB of RAM with two 1 TB HDD storage drives. You can configure dedicated servers with the lowest prices on hardware at Leaseweb.
19. FDC Servers
FDC Servers has a Budget Plan that is priced at $199 per month and includes a configuration of a Xeon 3450 quad-core CPU with 16 GB RAM, four 3 TB hard drives (12 TB total storage), and options for bandwidth speeds.
You can install a choice of Windows, Linux, or FreeBSD.
- Price of Cheapest Dedicated Server Plan: $199 p/mo (1-month plan)
- Configuration: 4 CPU, 16 GB RAM, 12 TB HDD, + Unmetered Bandwidth
FDC Servers allows customers to choose between unmetered bandwidth at 1 Gbps, 10 Gbps dedicated bandwidth, or a 10 Gbps bandwidth plan that limits to 3 Gbps in US business hours.
Arvixe offers dedicated servers in the budget range through a partnership with HostGator.
You can order a quad-core Intel Xeon-D CPU with 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD storage, and unmetered bandwidth at prices starting at $98.98 p/mo. There are options for either Windows or Linux.
- Price of Cheapest Dedicated Server Plan: $98.98 p/mo (36-month plan)
- Configuration: 4 CPU, 8 GB RAM, I TB HDD, + Unmetered Bandwidth
Arvixe is a reseller host that specializes in customer support for clients. The fully managed platform offers cPanel (Linux) or Plesk (Windows) as a choice of administration for domains.
FAQs About Dedicated Server Hosting
Dedicated servers have been a major part of the web hosting marketplace since the first days of the internet. In 2000-2010, the rise of virtualization allowed many small business owners to save money on hosting using VPS plans.
Between 2010-2020, the emergence of elastic frameworks like AWS EC2 and Kubernetes with hyperscale datacenters ushered in the era of the cloud.
This FAQ will discuss dedicated server hosting in the context of shared, VPS, cloud, and reseller alternatives. The retail hosting market is targeted to small businesses, independent web publishers, programmers, developers, and ecommerce stores.
Dedicated servers are the top of the line service product in the industry and handle the most demanding workloads in hosting.
What is Dedicated Server Hosting?
The main requirement of dedicated server hosting is that it include autonomous rack mount hardware in a datacenter that guarantees a single-tenant environment. In shared hosting, thousands of users may share the same hardware.
Customizability is a major factor when deciding on a hosting provider’s dedicated server package.
On VPS plans, there are multiple users that share a kernel for operating system support on shared hardware. Dedicated server hosting is available under bare metal, unmanaged, or managed plans depending on the company.
Main Features to Consider with Dedicated Server Plans:
- Does the hosting plan include a Linux dedicated server or Windows options?
- Is there optimized support for WordPress hosting on the platform that is included?
- How many dedicated IP address accounts are offered with the cheapest server?
- Does the dedicated hosting include a bare metal server or a managed dedicated server?
The dedicated server as a single unit will depend on the processing and bandwidth requirements of all websites, software, databases, etc. running on the hardware.
Dedicated servers are available in different configurations, usually with a choice of Intel Xeon or AMD Ryzen/EPYC CPUs and Windows vs. Linux options.
We favored the ability to customize specifications for RAM, storage (SSD/HDD), bandwidth speeds, and control panel as the main elements of a plan in our review of the major web hosting brands listed above.
How Much Does Dedicated Server Hosting Cost?
The cheapest prices we found across our survey of web host companies were in the $35 to $40 range. All of these were based on Intel Xeon quad-core CPUs with HDD storage options.
The plans differed in the amount of RAM, storage, and bandwidth primarily. Most companies price the same services in the $99 to $199 per month range, with discounts available by signing up in advance for long-term contracts. Other companies charge the same price monthly.
How to Estimate Costs with Dedicated Server Plans:
- The average price on most dedicated server plans is $450 to $499 per month
- A server with this configuration should support over 10,000 simultaneous users
- Depending on scripts, cache, and CDN, expect to support 10+ million page views
- Budget host prices compete with VPS plans but provide single-tenant hardware
Dedicated server plans that are less than $50 per month compete with VPS plans which may have higher configurations or better performance with SSD storage drives.
It is important only to pay for dedicated servers if you need them, and for most business owners the criteria of single-tenant usage are primary.
If you value cost performance through benchmark testing, you can find the best value on hardware across the industry by comparing the hosting prices.
How Do I Choose the Best Cheap Dedicated Server Plan?
Know what you are looking for by conducting an IT audit on your resources before signing up for a dedicated server plan. Use third-party benchmarks to get the performance information on the Intel Xeon and AMD EPYC CPUs being offered by the web host companies.
Dedicated server plans which offer the most cores, threads, RAM, and storage for a value price are best.
Useful Questions for Choosing the Best Dedicated Server Plans:
- How much web traffic will the cloud software, websites, or mobile apps require?
- What is the current monthly page view count for the resources to be hosted?
- Which microservices, databases, and programming languages need support by apps?
- Is high-performance hardware the most important, or value for money on plans?
One way to approach bare metal server usage in a datacenter network is through the commodity approach. Just as you buy copper or sugar by the pound, you can compare the CPU, RAM, storage (HDD vs. SSD), and bandwidth options, and then choose the lowest prices.
There is a difference between managed and unmanaged dedicated servers, andthe lower prices are usually found on bare metal plans where you can install whatever stack is required. Look for customer service with live chat and quick response times on managed plans.
How Does a Dedicated Server Work?
A dedicated server will include either a LAMP or WAMP stack with the operating system, database, server framework, and programming language support installed in layers to build the functionality.
Some people choose Apache and Linux for open-source licensing, or cPanel support, whereas other businesses rely on Windows Server and develop with ASP.NET. The choice between Apache and NGINX is also important in web hosting with dedicated plans.
Layers of the Software Stack on Dedicated Server Hardware:
- The operating system on dedicated servers can be Linux, Windows, or BSD
- The server framework is a choice of Apache, NGINX, Windows, Caddy, etc.
- The most popular databases are MySQL, MSSQL, MongoDB, and PostgreSQL
Usually, the programming language extensions are installed and updated on a dedicated web server through root access over an SSH connection and command-line tools.
Some web host companies provide cPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin, Webuzo, or Webmin as options for a control panel. Developers can install support for Java, Docker, ASP.NET, and other programming languages as required by their applications to run with database support in the cloud.
Why Should I Choose Dedicated Server Hosting?
Dedicated servers are important for businesses in many capacities, although they now compete heavily with public cloud and virtualization platforms.
Most businesses have traditionally chosen dedicated servers for single-tenant security and support of high-traffic websites.
When building or supporting custom code for websites and mobile apps, a dedicated server can be configured with options for programming languages and databases most shared hosting won’t support.
Main Reasons to Choose Dedicated Server Hosting Plans:
- Dedicated servers guarantee a single-tenant environment for cybersecurity.
- You can configure a higher level of resource allocation to software runtimes.
- Only pay for the amount of CPUs, RAM, SSD/HDD storage, etc. required.
- Support high-traffic websites, ecommerce sites, and mobile applications.
Power users are looking for elite configurations at the lowest price for their cloud hardware requirements. Some companies offer different levels of bandwidth connection speeds, but the main differences can be benchmarked like CPU, RAM, and storage devices.
Managed server platforms take the potential for security mistakes and the need for systems administration out of the requirements your business needs to support, which can help independent developers.
Shared Server, VPS, Dedicated Server: What’s the Difference?
A dedicated server is a single unit rackmount server in a managed datacenter environment. The main aspect of a dedicated server is that it should include single-tenant occupancy.
In contrast, both shared hosting and VPS platforms are based on multitenant environments. Like other forms of hosting, dedicated servers are available under managed and unmanaged plans.
Major Differences Between Shared, VPS, and Dedicated Server Plans:
- With the best dedicated server plans, you can choose your datacenter server location.
- VPS hosting is cheaper but includes a multitenant environment for code and database.
- The best dedicated server hosting plans support tens of millions of page views monthly.
- You can run a Windows VPS plan with Windows Server using Hyper-V or KVM.
Bare metal servers offer the ability to install whatever software is required for your project or business at the lowest prices. Managed server platforms include security updates and preinstallation of the server stack software for LAMP/WAMP hardware.
This can save time and money for small businesses or independent development teams. Use dedicated servers to support the websites and mobile apps with the most web traffic and processing requirements.
Avoid Sticker Shock with Dedicated Server Plans
A dedicated server hosting provider can help your business avoid sticker shock at public cloud hosts with elastic frameworks.
Ultimately, it depends on both how much processing capacity your apps, websites, and domains require, as well as how much needs to be allocated for traffic spikes at peak production. Calculate this with an IT audit before signing up for your plan.
The cheapest dedicated hosting will compete with virtual server platforms in specifications and configurations. It may be cheaper to choose VPS hosting over dedicated web hosting for smaller projects.
Linux dedicated servers offer advantages that can’t be compared to Windows VPS plans. The most important aspect is building a custom environment for software runtimes and databases. Managed server platforms are more expensive than bare metal options.
A dedicated hosting provider competes with shared, VPS, and other managed hosting plans. Look for a dedicated host with the cheapest dedicated hosting for a Windows server or choose Linux dedicated servers for more publishing options with free PHP scripts.
Cheap dedicated server hosting plans are an important way for businesses to publish websites and mobile apps at scale. Take advantage of the deals listed above to get started with a dedicated server plan.