Believe it or not, the best web hosting for SEO can dramatically boost your visibility in search results beyond what simple keyword research can achieve. Features related to uptime, speed, server location, and security can all affect how search engines rank your website, and not all hosts excel at providing them.
That being said, finding SEO-friendly hosting doesn’t have to be a major headache. Those same components are what makes most sites generally successful, whether you run a small business, ecommerce store, blog, or professional portfolio. We’ve taken the time to highlight the internet’s top hosting providers that come with high-powered SEO tools and strong service guarantees.
While many beginning web entrepreneurs may not have an impressive level of SEO expertise, the hosting provider they choose can make a big difference in how high their sites appear in search results. Here, we’ll take a close look at the hosts that can help optimize your site’s rankings.
Best Overall Web Hosting Packages for SEO
SERP — no, it’s not the sound your straw makes when you reach the bottom of your drink. It stands for search engine results page, and being at or near the top of it can have huge impact on your business’s bottom line. In fact, 50% of consumers who found a store’s products on search pages visited that business within one day.
That’s why simply having a website’s not enough. Businesses need to rank high in search results to compete, and one of the first steps is to find a host with packages optimized to help you do just that. The provider below tops our SEO-friendly hosting list because of its high uptime guarantees and fast page load times — both significant factors in effective SEO — along with its easy migration to upgraded tiers of service as sites scale.
Our review, linked in the table below, gives a comprehensive overview of why this host takes the top billing for SEO. Be sure to give it a read to see how the provider can help your business compete in today’s competitive online landscape.
- FREE site transfer or new site setup with 1-click install
- FREE automated daily backups, CDN, email, and SSL
- 24/7 expert support with no wait time on phone or chat
- Recommended by WordPress as a top WordPress host
- Ideal for business email hosting, with 99.9% uptime
- Get started on SiteGround now.
Best Cheap Web Hosting for SEO
One of the biggest changes since the web’s early days has been access. In the 1990s, having a site on the internet was mainly seen as something only achievable by large businesses and the tech-savvy, with cost and technical proficiency coming in as the main barriers to market entry.
Now, it seems that everyone is online — from people running blogs about cheeseburgers to enterprise-level corporations. With the site builders discussed above and the prevalence of wallet-friendly hosting in today’s market, cost and technical knowledge are no longer detouring would-be entrepreneurs and bloggers from entering the online business landscape.
But just because a provider offers services on the cheap doesn’t mean its plans are able to support your online presence and business mission. When looking at the most affordable hosts in the industry when it comes to SEO, we obviously considered price. However, we also drew correlations between cost, available features, and levels of service. With these factors in mind, the three providers below came out on top.
These hosts are not only easy on the budget, but their feature-heavy hosting packages are sure to help your site climb search rankings and give you the best ROI. Check out the reviews in the tables below to see all you get for just a few bucks each month.
- Unlimited everything, from bandwidth to databases
- FREE site builder & WordPress performance upgrades
- FREE daily or weekly backups
- 90+ auto-installation scripts and custom control panel
- SSH access & SSL certificates
- Get started on Hostinger now.
- Known for performance at a low price
- Endorsed by WordPress.org team
- FREE Weebly site builder
- FREE Cloudflare CDN
- Get 63% off today (was $7.99/month)
- Get started on Bluehost now.
- $0.01 for the first month, then $5 monthly after
- NO annual contracts and NO sudden price increases
- Unlimited storage space, data transfers, and email
- New domain is $11 with 1-month plan ($1.99 otherwise)
- 99.9% uptime and price-lock guarantee
- Get started on InterServer now.
Best WordPress Hosting for SEO
If you’re in the market for a content management system that’s easy to set up, built for SEO, and recommended by top bloggers and SEO professionals, look no further than WordPress. The free, open-source software powers nearly 30% of the web and almost 60% of sites that employ a CMS.
As a result of this widespread use, any hosting provider worth its salt will offer some sort of WordPress hosting package. However, these plans aren’t all created equally. To ensure the best performance of your WordPress site, it’s imperative you seek out the hosts that deliver pre-installed or one-click installs of the software, availability to host unlimited WordPress sites, and broad plugin compatibility, among other features.
After careful research of the best WordPress hosts on the market, we’ve found the three options below to be the most effective in the industry. These providers make it simple to get your ideas online with fast setup wizards and WordPress installs. Scroll down and read each review in the tables that follow. Not only do these hosts work well with WordPress, but their plans are also chock-full of features made specifically to help you blast your words to the masses.
- WordPress pre-installed with NGINX and PHP 7
- FREE SSL certificate and unlimited bandwidth
- Optional automatic plugin, theme, and core updates
- Features a FREE drag-and-drop WP page editor
- Premium themes and plugin subscriptions
- Get started on InMotion now.
- Recommended by WordPress Core since 2005
- FREE SSD storage and SSL certificate
- FREE domain registration and email
- Automatic installation and updates
- 63% discount exclusively for HostingAdvice shoppers
- Get started on Bluehost now.
- FREE Cloudflare CDN and 1-click installs for WordPress
- Turbo Server, SSD speed boost, and optimized caching
- A2-optimized WP plugins for performance and security
- SSL certificates, PayPal integration, and 24/7 support
- FREE HackScan and KernelCare
- Get started on A2 Hosting now.
Best Website Builder Hosting for SEO
Successfully baking a delicious chocolate cake starts with the right ingredients. You know you need sugar, flour, eggs, milk, and — of course — chocolate. But these components need to be measured, combined, and baked in just the right way to get the delicious results you desire. Most amateurs can put mouth-watering cakes on the table because they’ve followed carefully constructed recipes developed by master pastry chefs — and cooking up a good batch of SEO for your site is no different.
The best recipes for SEO start by sourcing the right ingredients: compelling site design that engages users and a site architecture that is easy for search engine bots to crawl and rank appropriately. Alhough this sounds complicated, our top-rated hosts for website building and design make the formula simple to follow.
The three hosts below sit at the apex of our site builder list because they offer intuitive, drag-and-drop environments from which users can develop beautiful, SEO-friendly sites without the need to code. With numerous professionally designed templates from which to choose, each of these hosts gives users a foundation on which to build their online business and connect with target audiences. Give our full reviews a read in the tables that follow and see how these hosts’ website builders can help you easily develop a stunning site and perfect your SEO recipe.
- No coding skills needed with drag-and-drop builder
- 100s of templates with niche-specific designs
- Add features via the App Market and Wix Events
- Easily create ecommerce functionality easily
- Great way to build small sites on a budget
- Get started on Wix now.
- Choice of Weebly or WebsiteBuilder by iPage
- Mobile-optimized options and easy-to-use setup wizards
- 100s of professionally designed, customizable themes
- FREE online store, shopping cart, and blogging platform
- Get +75% off your first month
- Get started on iPage now.
- Integration with Fotolia and Flickr image databases
- Pre-built and customizable content with GridBlocks
- Responsive themes with tablet and mobile editing views
- Generates clean, efficient, and compliant HTML
- SEO, gallery, and forms plugins
- Get started on BoldGrid now.
Best Business & Ecommerce Web Hosting for SEO
When consumers are looking for information online, odds are pretty good they’re turning to Google to find it. The search engine giant powers more than 62,000 searches per second, which amounts to roughly 2 trillion searches per year.
While some of these searches may be coming from web surfers looking for the latest and cutest cat videos, many of them represent people seeking to purchase products and services. So, it’s incredibly important for modern businesses — whether they’re brick-and-mortar shops or online storefronts — to have a far-reaching web presence and rank high in Google results.
A good SEO hosting plan is a cost-efficient way to help customers find you, which can have a huge returns on investment. And priority #1 in your strategy must be partnering with the right host to enhance your marketing efforts. The provider below offers packages that will help you run a high-performing eCommerce or business site with quick page loads and high uptime. Check out our full review, linked in the table below, to learn how this host can boost your business’s listings in Google and bring customers to your marketplace in droves.
- 1-click installs for eCommerce tools like WooCommerce
- FREE eCommerce plugin for WordPress
- Daily backups, a CDN, and FREE Weebly site builder
- Test changes to your online store within the staging area
- 24/7 support delivered by eCommerce gurus
- Get started on SiteGround now.
Best Blog Hosting for SEO
The adage “Content is king,” made famous by Bill Gates decades ago, still holds true in today’s blogoshpere. Blogging isn’t just a way to get your message out. Pumping out well-written, fresh content on your site can have an immensely positive effect on your ranking in search results.
That’s why more than 60% of B2B and half of B2C marketers have looked at optimizing their blogs to reach broader audiences through SEO. There are a number of hosts that claim to be the best when it comes to fueling blog sites, but not many do it better than the provider below.
With cost-friendly hosting packages, quick setup time, and compatibility with the most popular blogging platforms, this provider tops our list for its ability to help businesses market their content and brands online. Our comprehensive review in the table below gives an overview of the tools this host provides site owners to help them build content pages, develop a web presence, and attract readers and customers to their online properties.
- FREE domain and transfer, with WordPress pre-installed
- Host unlimited WordPress sites on a single account
- Unlimited bandwidth, plus FREE data backups and SSL
- User-friendly, 3-step Wizard for Google apps integration
- SPAM Safe™ email with IMAP support
- Get started with InMotion now.
Best Web Hosting for SEO and Optimal Website Performance
Perhaps the biggest impacts a host can have on a site’s SEO come with speed and availability. Sites that are slow to load or experience irregular downtime often receive a penalty from Google that hurts rankings in organic search.
In addition to negatively impacting SEO, slow load times can increase page abandonment rates, as consumers seldom wait more than a few seconds for pages to load before going elsewhere. This, coupled with invisibility on SERPs, can be the nail in the coffin for a business trying to compete in today’s web-centric marketplace.
The answer for optimal site speed may lay in SSDs (solid-state drives). Our top-ranked SSD hosts can provide upward of 20 times the performance levels of hard-disk drives (HDDs). And, if you combine this with hosting on a virtual private server (VPS), your site’s sure to be lightning fast with the additional computing power, storage, and bandwidth available.
Below is our top-rated SSD VPS hosting provider. Click the review linked in the following table and learn how this host can help boost site performance, visitor engagement rates, and revenue.
- $0.01 for the first month using code HOSTINGADV
- Then $6 monthly with no contracts, no price changes
- Latest versions of PHP, MySQL, Perl, Python, Ruby, and more pre-installed
- Choose from 3 control panels and 14 operating systems
- Get started on InterServer now.
Choose a Leading Provider to Boost Your Search Rankings and Profits
It’s no secret SEO is important when it comes to building a web presence. But optimizing your site to rank high in search results doesn’t have to be a mystical process that seems out of reach for most web entrepreneurs. Sure, SEO expert Scott Paxton was able to win thousands of dollars by getting his site to rank quickly for a few obscure keywords. But, with the help of the best-in-class hosts presented here, your online business is sure to join the top results in SERPs and rank for what your audiences and customers are seeking.
For beginning site owners, getting up and running on the web can be pretty simple, and many of our top-ranked SEO hosts make it easy on newbies. If this sounds like you, our beginners’ guide can walk you through the best ways to get started.
For seasoned pros, we also offer a guide to the top developer-friendly hosts on the market. Think of it as your personal handbook to consulting clients on best business practices and setting them up with the hosts to help them consistently rank high in search.