Pairing speed and scalability with the world’s most popular platform for creating websites, signing up for the best WordPress cloud hosting will put you in good company. Notable brands, including eBay, Sony, and Disney, use WordPress for their websites.
Site owners often struggle at first to determine which service was right for them to get started with. Should you go with the cheapest option? Which features are most important, and which providers offer them?
The ultimate need for a hosting service that can deliver reliable uptime and lightning-fast speed is why WordPress cloud hosting services are so appealing. If you’re a WordPress user, read on to discover the best cloud host for your site.
Best Cloud Hosting for WordPress Overall
Cloud hosting can be an excellent option for WordPress site owners who don’t want to worry about their site loading slowly or being completely down. With cloud hosting, multiple sites share resources on multiple servers, and site owners are charged for the total resources they use. This can vary per month, as it depends on the website’s size and the amount of traffic it receives. If your site suddenly experiences a traffic spike, it could end up costing you more. Still, cloud hosting is a cost-effective model as you are only charged for what you actually use, and it’s less expensive than dedicated server hosting.
The uptime and performance of cloud hosting servers are reliable and impressive. If you decide to opt for self-hosted WordPress, you’ll need to decide on a hosting provider. WordPress cloud hosting is optimized specifically for WordPress websites, and these providers specialize in working with WordPress customers. There are many features to consider, including reliable technical support, security, and automatic backups. The providers we’ve chosen in our list of the best WordPress hosting plans cover all their bases in terms of affordability and quality offerings. See our #1 pick below:
- Managed cloud hosting with 24/7/365 monitoring
- Choose from 5 popular cloud providers
- Auto-healing cloud servers with FREE backups
- 1-click server cloning and easy management
- Host unlimited apps with no contract lock-in
- Get started on Cloudways now.
- Choose your OS or application configuration
- Hourly or monthly billing for convenience
- Optional upgrades for cPanel, backups, and more
- Managed services, SSDs, and HDDs available
- Block and object storage, plus enterprise firewall
- Get started on Hostwinds now.
- User-friendly hosting powered by Google Cloud
- Isolated resources and integrated CloudFlare
- Built on CloudLinux with LVE containers
- Automated, daily backups and integrated caching
- Instant setup with intuitive custom control panel
- Get started on Hostinger now.
Best “Managed” WordPress Cloud Hosting
Managed web hosting is ideal for the website owner who doesn’t have a lot of time to manage their own server. With managed hosting, the hosting provider gives full support for keeping the server(s) your site uses configured and running optimally. It’s kind of like having your own personal IT team offsite. This option lets you focus completely on building and expanding your site without worrying about keeping up with the minute details of the hardware supporting it.
High performance and uptime are must-have qualities of a good managed hosting service. Other offerings to look for include large or unlimited bandwidth, generous email accounts, and top-notch security. The major benefit of going with managed hosting is the assurance that the features your site’s success hinges on, such as automatic operating system updates and untouchable security, are in place. You also pay for that service as part of your hosting package, so you don’t need to invest in your own IT staff to handle your network and software needs. Our top picks for managed WordPress cloud hosting are vested with our professional analysis of the most important considerations. Our team’s first choice is below:
- Fully managed WordPress hosting for 1 to 100 sites
- Get started quickly with Qubely Pro for Gutenberg
- 1-click staging and unlimited email accounts
- Built-in image compression, caching, and CDN
- 24/7/365 support via phone, email, and live chat
- Get started on Nexcess now.
- 1-click WordPress installs via enhanced cPanel
- VPS with NGINX architecture for extreme speed
- Advanced CDN and WAF protection
- Custom cPanel simplifies WP site management
- Instant provisioning and regular backups
- Get started on Bluehost now.
- Managed services for all WordPress plans
- In-house-built technologies for speed and support
- WordPress kept up to date with automatic backups
- Easily test and deploy changes via staging area
- 3 levels of caching for optimal performance
- Get started on SiteGround now.
Best “SSD” Cloud Hosting for WordPress
WordPress customers looking for a hosting provider with some of the best data transfer rates and most robust systems might consider solid-state drive (SSD) cloud hosting for WordPress. An SSD is a better-performing hard drive than standard spinning disk drives, or hard-disk drives (HDD). Servers with an SSD can make sites load faster and have better uptimes. With SSD cloud hosting, the multiple servers within the cloud network are equipped with SSDs, which enhances site performance, regardless of the server being used or the number of resources it’s consuming.
When an SSD cloud hosting service has been optimized for WordPress, servers can serve up webpages much faster than standard services can. Free data backups, migrations, and SSL certificates are just some of the additional perks an SSD-powered WordPress cloud host might offer. The one downside to SSD cloud hosting for WordPress is that it can be more expensive due to the high cost of buying and maintaining SSDs. Look for the option to pay as you go so you can better manage the costs associate with SSD cloud hosting. The list of our favorite SSD cloud server plans starts with the WordPress-friendly host below:
- $0.01 for the first month using code HOSTINGADV
- Then $6/mo. with no contracts or price changes
- Latest PHP, MySQL, Perl, Python, Ruby & more
- 14 operating systems for Windows & Linux
- Self-healing hardware boosts your site’s uptime
- Get started on InterServer now.
- FREE SSDs for 20x faster VPS hosting
- Enterprise-grade CentOS and security patches
- Root & SSH access, and reseller option with WHM
- Cloud infrastructure with real-time redundancy
- Unlimited FTP accounts and MySQL databases
- Get started on InMotion Hosting now.
- Instantly provision your VPS with SSD storage
- Proven faster than AWS, Rackspace, and Digital Ocean
- Real-time server monitoring and built-in backups
- 100% network and power uptime guarantees
- Windows or Linux options with cPanel or Plesk
- Get started on Liquid Web now.
Best “WordPress Website Builder” for Cloud Hosting
With these recommendations for web hosting, HostingAdvice tries to make choosing a WordPress cloud hosting provider a stress-free experience. Building and growing your WordPress site should be just as painless. Do you ever wish you could make some tasks in WordPress simpler and more intuitive? BoldGrid may be the product of your dreams. The website builder works on top of WordPress, laying a drag-and-drop, what-you-see-is-what-you-get (WYSIWYG) editing experience atop the legacy content management platform. BoldGrid makes creating a website with WordPress a better experience for anyone, whether beginner or advanced.
For those with little site-building experience, BoldGrid makes WordPress as basic as possible without leaving out any customizable features. The drag-and-drop functionality of the software allows first-time site owners to build a beautiful and elegant web presence. Professional web developers will also find it saves time and tedious steps while building out complex sites. BoldGrid can be applied to any type of web hosting – shared, VPS, or dedicated – including cloud hosting for WordPress. Read more on how BoldGrid can improve your overall site-building experience by clicking the links below.
- Optimized SEO plugin scales traffic
- Cloud infrastructure and redundancy
- Live-state snapshots and backups
- Root access and code editing tools
- FREE cPanel and WHM licenses
- Get started on BoldGrid now.
The Sky’s the Limit when the Cloud & WordPress Hosting Combine
If WordPress cloud hosting is right for you, options abound. Don’t sweat it too much – any of the above providers are guaranteed to be high quality. Keep in mind what’s most important for your business and website as you comb through these listings.
Reliable uptime and high-speed page load times are always great places to start, but you may find that you have other requirements for your hosting provider.
Moderate pricing is always key, along with technical support and stringent security. With this list of top WordPress cloud hosting providers, you can find the host that checks off all of your boxes.