With so many hosting providers and content management platforms to mix and match, let’s take a moment to narrow our focus a bit with a SiteGround WordPress hosting review. Each organization is impressive enough on its own, but pairing the two is primed for success.
Plus, what better way to experience the world’s most popular content management system and blogging platform than with one of the hosts the developers recommend? SiteGround is known around the world for impressive, custom-built support tools that deliver incredibly fast response times. While we rank them high across the board, here, we’ll specifically explore the company’s WordPress hosting offerings.
Overall SiteGround WordPress Review: 4.8/5.0
Our SiteGround WordPress hosting review revealed a lot — namely that the in-house innovations and the team backing them are market-leading. If five nines for an uptime guarantee (99.999%) doesn’t impress you (it should), then the multiple layers of caching, WordPress staging, and Git versioning control will.
From a custom downtime prevention mechanism to one-click staging for WordPress and user-focused support software, WP hosting with SiteGround is one of the best customer experiences you’ll find in the industry. Read the highlights of our review below:
Monthly Starting Price $6.99
- Officially endorsed by WordPress.org
- FREE migration plugin or automated installation
- Pre-installed Git, 3 caching levels, and FREE CDN
- FREE WP setup wizard, staging, and auto-updates
- Fast, 24/7 support via custom chat system
- Get started on SiteGround now.
Alternatives to SiteGround WordPress Hosting
Sure, it’s tough to beat the SiteGround and WordPress pairing, but the WordPress developers recommend a few other hosts, as well. Even better for you, the thorough web hosting shopper, several other options have seemingly slipped under their radar.
Relevant WordPress web hosting comparisons will include matchups like SiteGround vs. Bluehost, or SiteGround vs. InMotion Hosting, for example. A quick glance reveals several hosts offer similar services at comparable prices, so be sure to dig into online reviews to find the particular advantages or disadvantages with each.
We’ll continue focusing our review on SiteGround, but in the context of comparing the service to some of the other top options. Never fear if SiteGround doesn’t seem to be the best fit for your specific needs — surely one of these hosts will be up to the job:
Monthly Starting Price $4.99
- WordPress pre-installed with NGINX and PHP 7
- FREE SSL certificate and unlimited bandwidth
- Automatic plugin, theme, and core updates
- Features a FREE drag-and-drop WP page editor
- Premium themes and plugin subscriptions
- Get started on InMotion now.
Monthly Starting Price $2.95
- Recommended by WordPress Core since 2005
- FREE SSD storage and SSL certificate
- FREE domain registration and email
- Automatic installation and updates
- 63% discount for HostingAdvice readers
- Get started on Bluehost now.
Monthly Starting Price $2.99
- FREE Cloudflare CDN and 1-click WP installs
- Turbo Server, SSD speed, and optimized caching
- A2-optimized plugins for performance and security
- FREE SSL certificates and 24/7 support
- FREE HackScan and KernelCare
- Get started on A2 Hosting now.
Great Designs With SiteGround: WordPress Themes & Templates
Designing your dream site, powered by WP, is super simple with SiteGround. WordPress themes are available by the boatload — both premium and free options — and it only takes a few intuitive clicks to get your site’s template downloaded and installed.
Are you running a burgeoning business and in need of an ecommerce theme? What about the artist types out there who want an aesthetically dynamic online portfolio? Or maybe you just need a few pages to connect with potential clients for a freelancing side gig.
Whatever your web need, you can bet there’s a theme for it. If you’re on the hunt for a killer website design, this article features the best WordPress themes, plugins, and templates. Your dream SiteGround site could be a reality in minutes.
WordPress Tutorial & 24/7 Support
Needless to say, we’re big fans of SiteGround support. If the Live Chat demo in my intro didn’t make that clear, the “Best 24/7 Support” recognition we awarded SiteGround should.
In-house innovations really help the team shine when it comes to WordPress hosting services. Here are some of our favorites:
- The Support Ticketing System uses an advanced algorithm to match tech ops team members with support tickets based on skill and experience.
- The Live Chat System gives customers access to on-call support experts 24/7. They can return to previously helpful agents with future questions and offer feedback on the service provided.
- Easily consumable WordPress Tutorials in the form of videos and online guides will get you through any WP hiccup.
SiteGround’s one-click cPanel installation for WordPress is also super easy to execute. If you get stuck, though, SiteGround has WordPress how-to tutorials for beginners available. Just follow their online video lessons and you’ll be a WordPress pro in no time.
SiteGround Team Includes Free Domain and Seamless Transfers
If you’re transferring from another host, SiteGround’s migration team makes the transition to their WordPress hosting platform seamless. Features include:
- Auto-migration with WordPress setup done by in-house experts.
- One-click WordPress staging to get your site visitor-ready.
- A 99.999% uptime guarantee that ensures your new site stays online.
What’s more, you’ll get all the hosting essentials, including free domain registration, cPanel license, and CloudFlare CDN. The team has covered all of their bases in ensuring users enjoy a hassle-free, WordPress-friendly hosting experience.
Get Unlimited Free Email Accounts in Every Plan
Ranked one of the top email hosts, SiteGround offers unlimited email hosting at the free domain you get with signup. If you’re a business owner, signing up for SiteGround WordPress hosting may be your best investment yet. Their plans are ideal for business email hosting shoppers.
Hosting packages include secure email protocols, email forwarding, and integrated anti-SPAM filtering solutions. Plus, the SiteGround email platform is compatible with many webmail and email clients, such as RoundCube and Outlook, so they fit any business email need.
SiteGround WordPress Review Recap: Speedy, Secure, & Supported
Whether I’m sipping drinks in San Diego or sifting through WordPress reviews, my findings are consistent: SiteGround is a host to be reckoned with in the WordPress web hosting space. Their support is unbelievable, your site will be speedy and secure, and the uptime rates are what most hosts in this industry strive for.