Looking for an in-depth A2 Hosting WordPress review? You’ve come to the right place!
For context, both platforms entered the market in 2003 and have worked tirelessly to perfect their systems ever since. 2003 was a big year in technology: Apple launched the iTunes store, Google announced plans to go public, and Andy Rubin started developing the Android operating system. The ultra-popular H.264 video compression standard got its start, LinkedIn went live, and the federal government established rules for sending email spam.
WordPress has grown into the world’s most popular content management system, while A2 Hosting optimized a blazing-fast stable of web hosting plans to keep up with the growing demands of site owners and their audiences. We’ve paired the two impressive platforms in this in-depth review that covers everything from pricing and performance to features and support.
A2 Hosting WordPress Review: 4.9/5.0 Rating
Without a doubt, A2 Hosting hangs its hat on high-performance, speedy hosting. That attribute is particularly valuable to users of WordPress, which can easily get bogged down with heavy themes, inefficient plugins, and poorly configured hardware and software settings.
A2 Hosting’s WordPress services mirror several of the top performance-minded providers in the space, with unlimited storage and bandwidth, solid-state drives, and a highly optimized platform available for very affordable rates. A2 Hosting with WordPress should appeal to both novice and experienced users.
The company’s Lite package, the lowest priced of three shared hosting options, limits customers to one website and five databases while the other options remove the restrictions. A2 Hosting also offers three managed WordPress hosting plans, ranging from roughly $12 to $40 per month.
- FREE Cloudflare CDN and 1-click WP installs
- Turbo Server, SSD speed, and optimized caching
- A2-optimized plugins for performance and security
- FREE SSL certificates and 24/7 support
- FREE HackScan and KernelCare
- Get started on A2 Hosting now.
How Does A2 Hosting Compare With Other WordPress Hosting Plans?
A2 Hosting is part of an elite group of hosting providers that offer WordPress users unlimited storage and bandwidth with free SSDs and SSL certificates. The popularity of WordPress makes this a super competitive niche market, and customers can enjoy their pick of high-powered-but-affordable plans.
When shopping for WordPress hosting, keep an eye out for usability features such as installation and setup, as well as helpful tools like a staging environment, content delivery network, caching plugins, and automatic updates. Here are our most recommended WordPress services:
- Recommended by WordPress.org since 2005
- Automatic WordPress updates and initial install
- FREE WordPress themes in the Bluehost Marketplace
- 24/7 support via live chat, phone, and email
- Get exclusive discounts on WordPress plans
- Get started on Bluehost now.
- Officially endorsed by WordPress.org
- FREE migration plugin or automated installation
- Pre-installed Git, 3 caching levels, and FREE CDN
- FREE WP setup wizard, staging, and auto-updates
- Fast, 24/7 support via custom chat system
- Get started on SiteGround now.
- 1-click WP install, PHP 7+, HTTP/2, and NGINX
- All-in-one security protections from BitNinja
- WordPress optimizations boost performance
- No price markup for WordPress services
- Daily backups and FREE SSL certificate
- Get started on Hostinger now.
- Up to 12x faster WordPress hosting
- FREE SSL certificate and SSD storage
- Automatic WordPress plugin, theme, and core updates
- Features a FREE drag-and-drop WP page editor
- Premium themes and plugin subscriptions
- Get started on InMotion now.
A2 Hosting WordPress Features: 4.8/5.0 Rating
Built for speed and reliability, the A2 Hosting infrastructure is a naturally good fit for WordPress websites. The company balances raw power with nuanced redundancy and security measures to ensure your website will be readily available for visitors. We’ll go into more detail on A2 Hosting’s performance prowess in the next section, but here are some of the other features available on most A2 Hosting plans:
- Unlimited bandwidth and databases
- Free SSL certificate
- WordPress comes pre-installed
- Free account migration
- Proactive security measures
- Unlimited RAID-10 storage
- 20x faster solid-state drives
- LiteSpeed server and page caching
- Choose among six versions of PHP
- 24/7/365 Guru Crew support
For all the performance upgrades A2 Hosting touts, we’re a little surprised the company doesn’t offer more robust security tools. All of your bases should be perfectly covered with the company’s so-called Perpetual Security platform, which includes a firewall, defense from brute-force attacks, virus scanning, kernel updates, and monitoring, but A2 Hosting seems to prioritize its branded speed optimizations more.
A2 Hosting WordPress Performance: 4.7/5.0 Rating
A2 Hosting doesn’t shy away from pedal-to-the-metal speeds, touting numerous trademarked optimizations across its website. The company equips its premium WordPress hosting configurations with Turbo Servers, which A2 Hosting configures to get 20 times faster performance than conventional shared hosting.
Turbo Servers house fewer websites than the company’s regular shared web hosting servers, meaning more computing resources and processing power are allocated to each user. The drop-in Apache web server replacement uses less CPU and memory, in addition to the more efficient handling of connections and requests.
At the forefront of A2 Hosting’s performance mastery, however, are the free solid-state drives behind every hosting option. The company configures the SSDs to get 300% better performance out of the more modern storage device. We’re suckers for strong, SSD-powered hosting, so check out our in-depth look at A2 Hosting’s performance specs:
- FREE SSD speed and optional Turbo Server
- 1-click installs for all popular apps and scripts
- FREE CloudFlare CDN and A2-optimized caching
- Get up to unlimited domains and databases
- Help from the Guru Crew available 24/7
- Get started on A2 Hosting now.
A2 Hosting WordPress Pricing: 4.7/5.0 Rating
Given A2 Hosting’s souped-up infrastructure, the company is understandably not among the most affordable WordPress hosting options out there. However, site owners who are serious about growing a professional or business website will appreciate the number and quality of impressive features A2 Hosting packs into its service for less than $5 per month.
A2 Hosting is roughly $1 per month more expensive than the low-end WordPress hosts out there, but right in line with the competitors that offer similar services. To us, the upgraded performance, reliability, and support are well worth the slight added investment.
A2 Hosting WordPress Reliability & Support: 4.9/5.0 Rating
The friendly company offers customer support as fast as its servers. A2 Hosting’s knowledgeable Guru Crew is available to clients around the clock and can be reached via phone, live chat, and email. The company’s online knowledgebase is not quite as easy to navigate as some others we’ve seen, but the WordPress section is filled with numerous guides for users with all levels of experience.
We appreciate the company’s transparent 99.9% uptime guarantee, which is the standard expectation across the industry. As with many other hosting providers, A2 Hosting will seamlessly migrate new customers’ websites onto the company’s hardware for free. The company also includes the standard 30-day money-back guarantee with its services and will grant prorated and hassle-free refunds beyond that introductory time period.
Score the Best Deals With A2 Hosting Coupons
Full-featured hosting services akin to what A2 Hosting offers typically don’t come cheap. The company’s managed WordPress plans start at more than $11.99 per month, but we’ve been able to negotiate much better rates for our loyal readers.
For regular WordPress hosting, in particular, we secured a price point that’s 67% less than A2 Hosting’s standard rate. Redeem the coupon by clicking below, or browse the latest deals we’ve made happen on shared, dedicated, VPS, and website builder packages.
Yes, the open-source WordPress platform is free to all users — but why not save even more money by signing up for an affordable hosting provider that comes with more built-in discounts? You’ll still want to pay attention to the renewal rates, of course, but enjoy your initial term and figure out if A2 Hosting is where you want to stay for the long haul.