Considering signing up for iPage WordPress hosting? You’ve come to the right place — here, we’re diving into the company’s WordPress offerings and comparing them with other top competitors. Read on to see how iPage stacks up.
Even if you don’t know what shared hosting is, you know you want to use WordPress. And who can blame you? The super-popular content management system powers more than 34% of the internet. WordPress is free, but the learning curve can be fairly steep for beginners. Instead of immersing yourself in WordPress lessons and tutorials, go to a reputable host with a WordPress hosting package.
With iPage already reigning as our favorite host for business sites, we specifically examined their WordPress hosting infrastructure, features, and support. Learn why iPage makes getting online with WordPress a walk in the park.
iPage WordPress Review Overall: 4.7/5.0
A go-to budget hosting company for any occasion, iPage offers fully loaded plans for unbeatable prices. Enjoy unlimited disk space, bandwidth, and email accounts while SiteLock security, 24/7 monitoring, and around-the-clock support will make sure you don’t get caught in the rain.
- Unlimited storage and email accounts
- FREE WordPress themes and plugins included
- Expert WP support and automatic malware removal
- Enhanced security via SiteLock and custom firewall
- W3 Total Cache plugin pre-installed
- Get started on iPage now.
3 Alternatives to iPage WordPress Hosting
We certainly think highly of iPage — but the company isn’t the only fish in the sea. Because WordPress is so popular, many of the top hosting providers have dedicated a lot of technology and support resources to optimize users’ experiences with the content management system. Compare iPage’s features with those of our other recommended WordPress hosts:
- FREE Cloudflare CDN and 1-click WP installs
- Turbo Server, SSD speed, and optimized caching
- A2-optimized plugins for performance and security
- FREE SSL certificates and 24/7 support
- FREE HackScan and KernelCare
- Get started on A2 Hosting now.
- Recommended by WordPress Core since 2005
- FREE SSD storage and SSL certificate
- FREE domain registration and email
- Automatic installation and updates
- 63% discount for HostingAdvice readers
- Get started on Bluehost now.
- Officially endorsed by WordPress.org
- FREE migration plugin or automated installation
- Pre-installed Git, 3 caching levels, and FREE CDN
- FREE WP setup wizard, staging, and auto-updates
- Fast, 24/7 support via custom chat system
- Get started on SiteGround now.
4 Reasons to Choose iPage as Your WordPress Host
When it comes to WordPress, iPage includes pre-installed themes and plugins to boost your site’s performance on their SSD-based infrastructure. Their customized control panel is designed for convenience and gives you easy access to the WordPress tools you use the most.
Beyond the WordPress perks, iPage provides online marketing guides and $200 in search engine advertising credits that allow you to sit back and enjoy your coffee and donuts while visitors flock to your website.
1. It’s Cheap!
Starting at less than $4 per month, iPage hosting seems too good to be true. Instead of cutting corners and offering bare-bones plans, however, iPage offers first-time site owners a feature-rich environment that fosters success. Affordable doesn’t have to mean cheap or subpar, as iPage includes unlimited domains, disk space, email accounts, databases, and scalable bandwidth.
2. Installing the Software is Simple
Getting set up with WordPress can be challenging for beginners, but iPage makes installation a breeze. We’ve got more detailed instructions below, but you’ll be ready to rock out with the CMS after just a few clicks. Once WordPress is installed, iPage will help you get off the ground with pre-installed themes and plugins that optimize your site’s speed and performance.
3. WordPress Themes are Pre-Installed and Free
A team of iPage’s WordPress experts has hand-picked a bevy of popular themes that will make your content visually appealing while still being functional and performant. The curated themes are tested for compliance with iPage speed and security standards, as well as following WordPress community standards. Simply activate the theme of your choice and get to work!
4. Included Caching Features Make Your Site Speedy
The W3 Total Cache plugin, which comes pre-installed on iPage’s WordPress hosting plans, improves site performance by at least 10 times when fully configured. Speed matters for search engine rankings, user experience, and your website’s success, and W3 Total Cache is a complete framework that ensures your finely tuned muscle car of a website doesn’t end up stuck in a parking lot.
Tutorial: How to Install WordPress on iPage
WordPress hosting at iPage comes in two flavors: WP Starter or WP Essentials. Both include the core hosting features, customized control panel, themes, and plugins, but WP Essentials boasts a higher level of WordPress-specific support, enhanced security, and souped-up speed. Whichever plan you choose, getting started with WordPress is the same:
- Log into your control panel and click on InstallCentral. You can find the InstallCentral link under the Scripting and Add-ons section.
- Under the Blogs tab, click on WordPress. Scroll to the bottom, where you’ll find the Begin Installation button.
- Begin Installation! InstallCentral will handle the heavy lifting, but you’ll need to enter your admin, blog, and database information.
Specially trained WordPress experts will be able to help WP Essentials subscribers, but the general iPage support staff is plenty adept at providing excellent service 24/7 by phone or chat. They guarantee top-notch service and support by offering a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Bottom Line: The Learning Curve is Short and the Cost is Low
Instead of watching rookie site owners get into a fruitless staring contest with their computer screen, send your friends to iPage’s WordPress hosting plans to get their first website online. If you want to weigh your options, however, we’ve reviewed several top WordPress hosts. We appreciate the simplicity iPage offers for beginners, but many of our favorite providers excel at hosting WordPress.
For instance, providers like InMotion Hosting and Bluehost offer similarly user-friendly WordPress solutions while also serving WP experts and developers with more advanced solutions and computing capacities that rise to meet the challenge of growing and popular websites.