TL; DR: Boasting more than 250 million downloads worldwide, IObit and its portfolio of optimization and security programs revitalize sluggish personal computers and protect sensitive user information. The company’s signature service, Advanced SystemCare, frees up disk space, manages startup resources, detects and removes malware, and monitors unapproved access to a variety of platforms to ensure customers’ PCs operate at maximum capacity. Dedicated employees routinely churn out updates and new utilities to meet a variety of user needs and have inspired a robust community of volunteers who contribute to support forums and have translated IObit programs into more than 40 languages.
It’s an all-too-familiar routine: A new day of work, and you’re all caffeinated and ready to be productive as you turn on your computer first thing in the morning. Or you’ve finally returned home, worn from the day and ready to mindlessly browse around online or stream a TV show.
Except your computer has other ideas. It’s thinking about turning on, trying to start up, and struggling to load. Maybe there are updates to install, but more likely your computer is just struggling to keep up.
After a while, the routine changes. After turning on the computer or starting a resource-intensive program, you take the casual walk to the coffee maker; hopefully your computer will have loaded by the time you return.
Instead of adapting your routine to your machine, consider installing one (or more) of the several software programs from IObit designed to breathe new life into your hardware. From deep system cleans and protection against malware to updating drivers and uninstalling pesky applications, the company’s portfolio of more than a dozen products target a variety of processes and pain points many PC users don’t know how to address, according to Marketing Manager Roy Yu, who explained the inspiration behind the company’s mission when it formed in 2004.
“There was a lack of system-optimization tools in the market to help Windows users solve common problems, such as slow PCs because of the excessive usage of system resources or disks,” he said. “At the time, most users had little common computer knowledge, so an easy-to-use and efficient system optimization tool was really necessary for them. Therefore, IObit was born.”
Advanced SystemCare 12: Deeper Cleans and Stronger Security
Beyond solving customers’ slow-computer woes, IObit distills many complex and complementary operations into a simple one-click solution. Advanced SystemCare PRO attacks cluttered hard drives, improves browser settings, and blocks unapproved access to personal data.
“We started from the idea of helping users optimize and protect their systems,” Roy said. “The direction and goal are very clear.”
IObit recently unleashed the newest edition of the program, bringing several improvements to PC optimization and an added emphasis on user privacy. Advanced SystemCare 12 PRO introduces three new components:
- Privacy Shield detects and blocks unapproved access to sensitive online information like contacts, email data, Dropbox, and Google Sync.
- Digital Fingerprint Protection obscures your online presence to make your browsing data and preferences unavailable to others.
- Unfinished Download File Cleaning removes temporary files and partial downloads to improve disk performance.
The improved deep clean now reaches the Windows 10 icon cache, Microsoft Office cache, browser logs, software redundant files, and the browsing history of all Chromium-based browsers. Advanced SystemCare 12 detects and removes nearly 10% more junk files than the previous edition, according to an IObit press release.
“To accelerate the system performance, we focus on simpler but more efficient system optimization solutions,” Product Director Bing Wang said. “With more advanced features and new technologies, Advanced SystemCare 12 can speed up the system to a greater extent and secure users’ privacy more comprehensively. In addition, Advanced SystemCare 12 is more intelligent than ever to remember users’ operating habits.”
Balancing PC Optimization With Protection of Sensitive User Data
The exhaustive approach to improving PC users’ experience continues to broaden and includes a greater emphasis on personal security, Roy said. IObit integrated antivirus and web-focused protections into Advanced SystemCare in 2012 and continues to expand the tools’ libraries and functionalities as online threats evolve.
“To combat the increasing cyber threats, Advanced SystemCare also can protect users’ privacy, fix system weaknesses, and block online ads and tracking, and so on,” he said. “We’re constantly upgrading the program for more comprehensive system optimization as well as security software.”
Early security and privacy features in IObit Malware Fighter include a camera guard to prevent unauthorized access to controls and an anti-tracking feature that clears cookies automatically every time the browser is closed.
“With the rapid development of the Internet, personal information is more likely to be exposed to untrusted programs or people online,” Roy said. “Recently, we focused on better privacy protection and rolled out the Privacy Shield feature and Digital Fingerprint Protection to safeguard our users’ sensitive data.”
Now, IObit’s ever-expanding database can detect more than 2 million types of malware and protects users against attackers leveraging victims’ computing resources for cryptocurrency mining. The company also makes a random password generator and password manager available for free.
“IObit has a series of product lines to meet users’ different demands for a better PC experience,” he said. “We aim to help users solve any computer-related issues.”
IObit Software Covers a Wide Range of Computing Processes
Although the company largely focuses on performance-plagued Windows systems, IObit also lends its expertise to optimize and protect various macOS and Android devices. Similar system optimization processes, including disk defragmentation, software removal, and driver updates, are addressed in standalone products.
“IObit is passionate about finding better solutions for PC optimization and protection,” Roy said. “We will constantly unveil advanced products to meet the diverse needs of users and proactively protect them from all kinds of threats.”
IObit’s diverse product portfolio includes:
- Driver Booster monitors more than 3 million device drivers and game components to ensure your system is up to date. Installing the correct, modern drivers boosts performance, fixes bugs, and improves the gaming experience.
- IObit Malware Fighter provides real-time protection against malware, viruses, and ransomware. Relying on the Bitdefender engine, the program also safeguards USB ports and unauthorized camera access.
- IObit Uninstaller easily removes stubborn and bundled software packages, as well as any leftover files missed by regular uninstallers. Users can also detect and remove malicious or ad-based plugins that are hard to reach.
- Smart Defrag combats the main source of computer slowness with a multi-threaded defrag engine that works quickly to rearrange files to improve data access and storage efficiency. The program can be configured to improve boot times and enhance game performance.
- MacBooster removes 20 types of junk and duplicate files, along with malware and viruses, from macOS systems. The memory cleaning and storage optimizations are particularly helpful for devices that feature smaller SSDs.
- iFreeUp and AMC Security frees up space and speeds up iOS and Android devices, respectively. Users can transfer photos, music, and videos, as well as export or import game records and app data between your iOS device and computer or backup solution. Android users can see up to 200% faster performance and improved battery life.
Behind its mission to provide a better PC experience for its users, IObit promises customers will enjoy faster PCs and internet speed, better gaming experiences, as well as a cleaner browsing experience safe from attacks and privacy intrusions.
“We maintain an ongoing effort to making IObit a leading system utilities provider,” Roy said. “IObit is young but ambitious. Everyone here works hard and are full of energy, enthusiasm, and vitality.”